Ulster V Connacht

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Ulster V Connacht

Post by Tender »

Kiddies and Women love the band.
They where quieter than usual last night, the band I mean, not the women and kiddies. Still boil my pi'sh though.
Is there to be no end to this endless suffering for Alstermen?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

jean valjean wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Wasps are indeed shyte and a good win is minimum expectation....
I would like to see how we would have fared against their last few opponents. Wasps are missing a few but they will have a decent line up come Friday. Launchbury is rested this weekend and they have le roux back in action. When the best pack we can put out gets shunted about by connacht we shouldn't expect to easily beat any top 5 English team.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I watched them play Exeter. They couldn't get into the game and kept knocking the ball on.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Dave wrote:
jean valjean wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Wasps are indeed shyte and a good win is minimum expectation....
I would like to see how we would have fared against their last few opponents. Wasps are missing a few but they will have a decent line up come Friday. Launchbury is rested this weekend and they have le roux back in action. When the best pack we can put out gets shunted about by connacht we shouldn't expect to easily beat any top 5 English team.

I watched them play Exeter. They couldn't get into the game and kept knocking the ball on.
Should be any even contest thenImage

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

better the crowd show their displeasure at a decision by a good old boo or slow hand clap than some eejit run on the pitch and gob the ref

The lesser of two evils in my book

If the crowd can show pleasure by cheering it is then equally valid to show displeasure by booing or slow hand clapping

the alternative is apathy .

From a players point of view everything is geared to
make the game hard to play - the speed of the game , the shape of the ball ,the opposition ,the weather etc - without an assh-le in charge of a whistle .

much fairer to boo a ref than the team your supporting because it is easy to play badly and so much harder to play well .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Tender wrote:Kiddies and Women love the band.
They where quieter than usual last night, the band I mean, not the women and kiddies. Still boil my pi'sh though.
Is there to be no end to this endless suffering for Alstermen?
What Kiddies? When I was a kiddie 45 year ago I thought brass bands were a load of auld w*nk! Hadn't actually learnt that word then but it sums up by opinion of them then. Slade were the thing not some daft oul tw*ts dressing up as soldiers and playing tell my ma. Kids really appreciate loads of stuff like swearing and gratuitous violence, in fact they appreciate them much more than most adults.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Garces would have sent him off for sure
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote:Garces would have sent him off for sure
I'm still rubbing my eyes, did I really just see that? :lol:

Next thing you know Garces will not allow you to use your hands and you'll only be allowed to kick the ball.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

And of course the Brace watch enemy action I have listed has failed to identify his refusal to a review of a possible forward pass leading to their try and the petty yellow two minutes from the end , which I my book would only have been justified if he had ordered white to free the ball or away white and the player had failed to comply .

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:6 numbers and a bonus ball coming up .... it's my week folks.
Some fecker won €190 million last night with a euromillions tkt bought in Spain. The revenue here will take €38 million. Should buy a few rubber bullets.
Thank God I didn't win it, the Spanish already have stolen €70000 from me, I'd have been heartbroken to win €190M & only get €152M, not sure how I'd have managed. :lol:

I wish whoever won it well, I just hope it wasn't a well-heel Lionel............ or a Catalan separatist.............. or a Barcelona wendyballist.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:better the crowd show their displeasure at a decision by a good old boo or slow hand clap than some eejit run on the pitch and gob the ref

The lesser of two evils in my book

If the crowd can show pleasure by cheering it is then equally valid to show displeasure by booing or slow hand clapping

the alternative is apathy .

From a players point of view everything is geared to
make the game hard to play - the speed of the game , the shape of the ball ,the opposition ,the weather etc - without an assh-le in charge of a whistle .

much fairer to boo a ref than the team your supporting because it is easy to play badly and so much harder to play well .
Ron'n I used to regularly refer people to the "First Law of Holes", when they found themselves, as you do, of defending the indefensible.

You are now going down the route of "the last refuge of the rascal", infantile obfuscation, muddying the fresh spring of the truth with a muddy bucket of liquified shyte.

Ron'n stop playing the idiot, nobody faced the Hobson's choice you describe, to-wit, a display of bad manners or apathy. Catch yourself on.

It was perfectly possible to show respect for the kicker then be as raucous in their disapproval as they liked, albeit 3 minutes and two seconds of protest seemed adequate to me.

That would have shown good rugby manners in adversity instead of acting like sh1t on the back of a shovel, petulant children with no respect for the sporting traditions of the game.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:Garces would have sent him off for sure
Yes, of course, Dave, as half-hearted pushes go, >dance >dance >dance it was utterly savage. :lol:

Garces is as big a clown as FOLK. Ridiculous decision.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Ulster V Connacht

Post by rumncoke »

baggy - get real it is not a tradition of the game - it is a tradition of Irish Rugby .

It is equally a tradition of Irish rugby to show displeasure of bad refereeing

And that was what was evident
Kickers get booed in many locations and have to concentrate
despite the noise it's nothing new .

As I have said I would rather a crowd vent their disapproval
by booing a decision than resort to disrupting the game .

It must be borne in mind this was not the first missed physical offence in the game by Mr Brace

Both offences should have been penalised - both were worthy of cards and one a red card could have been shown .

Neither were petty offences such as a knock on or slowing a recycle and the idiot in the last 2 minutes cards Treadwell for that offence having previously failed to card either Connaught players
and you question the crowd venting their anger and think they should shout their gobs because of some perceived "tradition "
get real

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Rum.... do shut up.
Deysel was carded.
It IS a tradition, not a perception.
You need to calm down and no take life so seriously.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Tender

There are those who know would say I'm normally a very calm person but Cultra /Bangor West/ Prawn Sandwich/Self-Rightious Social Superiority gets up my nose at times.

"Oh Clive aren't those horrible people terrible booing that poor Connaught boy when he's going to take a kick "

Get in touch- a little empathy for your fellow man goes along way- Marie Antoinette
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:baggy - get real it is not a tradition of the game - it is a tradition of Irish Rugby .

It is equally a tradition of Irish rugby to show displeasure of bad refereeing

And that was what was evident
Kickers get booed in many locations and have to concentrate
despite the noise it's nothing new .

As I have said I would rather a crowd vent their disapproval
by booing a decision than resort to disrupting the game .

It must be borne in mind this was not the first missed physical offence in the game by Mr Brace

Both offences should have been penalised - both were worthy of cards and one a red card could have been shown .

Neither were petty offences such as a knock on or slowing a recycle and the idiot in the last 2 minutes cards Treadwell for that offence having previously failed to card either Connaught players
and you question the crowd venting their anger and think they should shout their gobs because of some perceived "tradition "
get real

And having ignored the FIRST RULE OF HOLES, we move on to the Fourth Rule, to-wit, when you have ignore rules, one two & three of the RULE OF HOLES, attempt ill-considered bullshite as your last resort.

Only a moron would posit that only Irish rugby gives respect to kickers, I've already listed various ragtag outposts of the game where they have the manners of a honey badger , but in these islands the traditions of silence for kickers is long and well established. I cite the case of the Leicester Lionels where it is every bit as hushed as Toemund Parc.

Do yourself a favour Ron, stop and think before posting easily refuted bullshite. And remember, I've already called you out on your Hobsons Choice nuclear options of either/or, yet you repeat the dose in your reply,

I'll leave you with this thought, choosing to exercise personal choice in how to behave is every persons choice and responsibility.

By your silly little nuclear options of behaviour, you appear to suggest that if someone in your neighbourhood was following the ridiculous biblical obligation to stone a woman for wearing trousers, that even though you understand it's morally reprehensible, you would join in, despite your awareness of modern mores to become at a stroke, or the hurl of a halver - "Ron, The Reluctant Stoner", wait, maybe that explains a lot, are you "weedkiller" Ron?