ASK THE EXPERT

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Re: ASK THE EXPERT

Post by ColinM »

Kofi Annan wrote:Baggy:

You are driving in a car at a constant speed. On your left side is a barrier and drop; The ground is 18-20 inches below the level you are traveling on, and, on your right side is a fire engine traveling at the same speed as you. In front of you is a galloping horse which is the same size as your car and you cannot overtake it. Behind you is another galloping horse. Both horses are also traveling at the same speed as you. What must you do to safely get out of this highly dangerous situation?

Honk the horn repeatedly, hang out the windy and gulder at the horseman to pull the fup over whilst pointing angrily at your fully paid up tax disc.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

You are driving in a car at a constant speed. On your left side is a barrier and drop; The ground is 18-20 inches below the level you are traveling on, and, on your right side is a fire engine traveling at the same speed as you. In front of you is a galloping horse which is the same size as your car and you cannot overtake it. Behind you is another galloping horse. Both horses are also traveling at the same speed as you. What must you do to safely get out of this highly dangerous situation?
Quite a few measures to take Kofi, none at all urgent as there is no immediate danger:

1) In the words of Corporal Jones, "Don't panic", nothing to worry about, where is the danger? All is well.
2) If one is a little claustrophobic swing you double barrelled shotgun out pointing rearwards & shoot that horse in the face, "collateral damage" I believe the term is. You may now brake and lose the horse in front & Fireman Sam who is a bloody maniac hung out there beside you.
3) Whilst maintaining all possible calmness, extract you mobile & dial 999, tell them their is a fire at Kofi's house & that you know of one idle barsteward driving an engine like a chube. Have them dispatched toute suite.
4) Thon horse in front is some size of a boy, plenty of meat on him if he's as wide as my car, now that you have lost the horse at the back & Fireman Sam, draw level with him & shoot him in the head, stop, phone Tesco's & do a deal for the road kill rights for burgers.

Now, where was that problem you were talking about, that in all honesty didn't seem much of a problem at any stage.

Of course as the Fire engine was probably travelling in the opposite direction, you could probably have avoided all this unpleasantness & not had to make a hoax call about Kofi's house being on fire.

As a final thought, was John McMurtry riding either horse? >bud that could have had a hole different solution >6shooter
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:Is it western trained, Baggy? Not a big fan of our seppo friends' ideas as a rule, but comfortable riding and hot sauce on fried eggs are the exception.
Sadly not BR, neither, just as sadly, does she have a western saddle, magnificent comfortable "horse armcahirs" they are from my experiences in Colorado. The horse is young and in training by a local expert, my daughter.

We are all experts in the Trousers family >EW :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I rode quarter horses, western in the AZ desert - great experience, couldn't imagine doing it 'european'. Now what was that horse's name?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

OR i COULD JUST JUMP OF :
Merrygoround_.jpg
Merrygoround_.jpg (45.1 KiB) Viewed 1648 times
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Technically, the fire engine is traveling faster than you. :thumleft:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:I rode quarter horses, western in the AZ desert - great experience, couldn't imagine doing it 'european'. Now what was that horse's name?
I know a man in Donegal who is part of the Irish Quarter Horses Association, assured me they are the fastest horses in the world over quarter of a mile. Nice man Tony & a real horse lover.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

ColinM wrote:

Honk the horn repeatedly, hang out the windy and gulder at the horseman to pull the fup over whilst pointing angrily at your fully paid up tax disc.
Nah. You're onviously on the M50 near Dublin. Stick yer neck out and offer them 200 yo-yos to tarmac your drive.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Baggy,

Just wondering if you think it would have helped at all with the Fleggers if they had used this guy's method of protest?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp_dgKgkHSo

General Warning: Do not watch this video if you are squeamish. Ouch. :(
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Baggy,

Just wondering if you think it would have helped at all with the Fleggers if they had used this guy's method of protest?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp_dgKgkHSo

General Warning: Do not watch this video if you are squeamish. Ouch. :(
Shan, the link has been removed but if its the naked nailed nackers artist in Russia, I would happily drive the nails outside our wondrous Belfast "Flegless most days" City Hall.

I've heard of suffering for your art :roll: The article I saw said they covered him with a blankie and took him away, no mention of whether they removed the nail first >jawdrop
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Are you allowed a Mexico fleg in the oRDS?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Russ wrote:Are you allowed a Mexico fleg in the oRDS?
Russ they allow republican brotherhood flags and yon tube holywood buck ejit, so I assume , no
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Russ wrote:Are you allowed a Mexico fleg in the oRDS?
Russ they allow republican brotherhood flags and yon tube holywood buck ejit, so I assume , no
Right will get it ordered.

They''ll have no clue

Might get Madigan sucks emblazoned on it
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

They should have asked you instead Baggy, would have been cheaper option with same result >flog
Northern Ireland: Richard Haass talks end without deal
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

When's the cut-off point for wishing people a happy new year?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall