Schools Cup 2016

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

Beattiespastie
Squire

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by Beattiespastie »

Fantastic showing from MCB all the same... Thought CCB would have won easily but quite the opposite in the end?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Have MCB played the 1st XV yet?
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

My big lad said it was a great game but CCB just about deserved to edge it and MCB should have had a player red carded so fair enough. Young CCB side as well so kudos to them.
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

Beattiespastie wrote:My big lad said it was a great game but CCB just about deserved to edge it and MCB should have had a player red carded so fair enough. Young CCB side as well so kudos to them.
Stu Douglas managed the game at a snails pace and made possibly three card errors.
Howard's late hit was a borderline yellow.
Methody 'high tackle' should have been a penalty only.
Howard tackled dangerously in the air and by the lap of the gods landed on his shoulder/side. Deserved some sort of a card.

MCB 'fantastic' fronted up to a Campbell performance that stuttered between giving away pens in the first half, some poor passing, poor handling and thoughtless tactical kicking. Otherwise the score could have been very different..
MarcoPolo
Novice

Post by MarcoPolo »

to be fair scoreline flattered mcb. Ccb majority of possession. Two tries 'held up', missed penalty, missed conversion all of which would have made for a wide margin and reflected the possession ccb had. Methody turned up as they always do cup games - defended suberbly and were lucky with an interception which closed the gap. Ccb deserved the win despite the close result. As an independent spectator though I'm routing for Ballymena to get to the final - would hate an all Belfast final - boring and predictable
MarcoPolo
Novice

Post by MarcoPolo »

And ref was shocking !
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Was it on TV?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Post by ChuckleBrothers »

Beattiespastie wrote:Great result for WHS at RBAI yesterday. As I mentioned previously I think RBAI are a good side but they are a leaky bucket but they still have time to tighten that up. Coleraine continue their great run in what has been a good season thus far and it would be great to see them go well in the Schools cup.
Any update on the leaky buckets?
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Maybe the occasion got to CCB lads? Come crunch time it's about fronting up ... A couple of years back at the DUB Wallace had MCB beat in the semi final up until the last five minutes and one line out won the game for MCB who went on to a historic treble. It's fine margins but CCB got the result so congratulations to the lads and no doubt they will tighten their game up and iron out the mistakes.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Chuckle.... We will see against CCB or Ballymena.... Different proposition methinks. Stand by what I said.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Think the game was on Setanta...
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Beattiespastie wrote:...MCB who went on to a historic treble.
For an historic treble I don't remember it very well.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Oh I do....proud parent. That's the point I guess , when you run your son back and forth for seven years through rain, hail snow to training and sit in casualty for hours with him and his broken leg or broken nose and go on to see him win the schools cup you have a vested interest and memories that never fade. If you haven't been fortunate enough to experience that then I wholly understand your disinterest but it doesn't dilute my pride and I hand on heart wish the CCB lads the best in the cup as they have earned it... It's not an easy road.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

ruckover wrote:
Beattiespastie wrote:...MCB who went on to a historic treble.
For an historic treble I don't remember it very well.
There have been about 10 trebles (or better) and 6 by Methody so hardly historic.

The Schools Cup - slightly more competitive than the Scottish Premier League.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Post by ChuckleBrothers »

Beattiespastie wrote:Oh I do....proud parent. That's the point I guess , when you run your son back and forth for seven years through rain, hail snow to training and sit in casualty for hours with him and his broken leg or broken nose and go on to see him win the schools cup you have a vested interest and memories that never fade. If you haven't been fortunate enough to experience that then I wholly understand your disinterest but it doesn't dilute my pride and I hand on heart wish the CCB lads the best in the cup as they have earned it... It's not an easy road.
It's not...I have it on authority from Sir Paul McCartney that it is 'long and winding'. >yahoo