Munster game

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: Munster game

Post by damianmcr »

Herbst looks in great shape.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jack O'Donoghue looks a cracking player.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Don't know what to make of Diack's non tackle to let them in but the look on Charles face said it all....
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:Don't know what to make of Diack's non tackle to let them in but the look on Charles face said it all....
Yeah and one of the failed restarts he just watched Taute jackal as a casual observer.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

A Spiritually and tactically bankrupt performance that sullied the Red Hand. Piautu- the I d swap him in a heartbeat for a good 8 or 6. A wasteful indulgence.
Lobotomised performance despite the pack playing relatively well in areas we thought we'd get corn holed. Tuohy and Herbst deserve credit but that's it.
Real questions need to be asked about the coaching "dream ticket" and that includes Les Kiss. Rugby League lite....
Now we also know why Joyce never even makes the bench- surely Dow offers more?
Exterminate all rational thought
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

I'm no great fan of Diack at this level but he certainly put himself about tonight and i thought did pretty well and was very committed. Ditto Reidy.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Neither of those 2 were the issue Imo. The pack generally fronted up and the loss of RW was a big loss.
Exterminate all rational thought
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:A Spiritually and tactically bankrupt performance that sullied the Red Hand. Piautu- the I d swap him in a heartbeat for a good 8 or 6. A wasteful indulgence.
Lobotomised performance despite the pack playing relatively well in areas we thought we'd get corn holed. Tuohy and Herbst deserve credit but that's it.
Real questions need to be asked about the coaching "dream ticket" and that includes Les Kiss. Rugby League lite....
Charles was always going to be a luxury and given the gaps in the front and back rows one we now seeing we don't really need. Even a blind man seen that Wilson was at the end last year, that Williams was leaving, that Henry was still finding his feet and that Diack was a waste of a contract..

Sorry to sound repetitive but Kiss is the best coach in world rugby and we must believe what we have been told...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Everyone in Ulster Rugby really needs to take along hard look at themselves.

Logan with his 5 yr / 10yr plan to be the best European team / top 10 club team in world rugby.

Coaches who have delivered nothing for nearly 10yrs?

Forwards who go backwards week in / week out, yes did quite well tonight but generally?

Best back line in Europe my Brennan?

Exit strategy? Tactical kicking? Restarts handled?

make Ravenhill a Fortress?Ballicks!!!

Post all this brad pitt on the dressing room wall and get a reaction please!

It's as well the BBC2 team went of the air to showm "The Fall" as I'm sure 1F might have told a few home truths!

After 18yrs of being a season ticket holder it's getting close to being a Comber TV armchair critic! (no offence Tommy!)

Please don't pi$h me off as I'm not feeling quite myself!!!
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:A Spiritually and tactically bankrupt performance that sullied the Red Hand. Piautu- the I d swap him in a heartbeat for a good 8 or 6. A wasteful indulgence.
Thought that Reidy and Ross did well too. Ross has come on quite well and is probably now more useful than a clappd out Roger Wilson, who has been a great player for Ulster over the years, but just does not have the legs any more. Van der Merwe continues to be nothing special and maybe needs a rest for Browne/O'Connor. Likewise Diack, who still seems unable to use his considerable size and athleticism to best advantage. Tuohy can also play 6, in the absence of Henderson. We need to get a pack with more dog on the pitch. Today's game was there for the winning. Ulster had it in the bag and let it go.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Williams and Keatley did everything in their power to cost us that game. They are spectacularly hopeless players. Williams kills any momentum the pack are generating and Keatley's disgraceful attempt for his first penalty set the tone for his overall performance.

Outside of those two we weren't brilliant as I suspected we mightn't be but happy we fought on to grab the win.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Jimmy-bop
Novice

Post by Jimmy-bop »

Was it my beer goggles last night or did Ruan actually box kick backward over his head into touch last night...
When even the likes of the normally stable world-class quality of RP is being questioned there must be something fundamentally wrong with the team.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

NO! SORRY, STILL HAVEN'T CALMED DOWN.

TOO MUCH OF THIS IS DOWN TO COACHING AND STRATEGY.

BYE BYE LES!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I don't think Les is the problem, he needs to bring in his own team. He could well be a Ferrari fitted with cheap second hand tyres rather than nice brand new Pirellis.

Clarke we all know is a crock of sh1t, Doakie can't get a try put of the most talented bunch of backs we've had in a long time.

This year is it, if they don't get their sh1t together Pienaar will be gone with nothing to show for it. Another talented player let down by the clusterfu<k that is Ulster Rugby. He can sit and chat to Muller, Ferris, etal.

Yes Piutau is a luxury we can ill afford, but we knew that when we signed him.
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

You'll hear Ferris and O'Sullivans full post match reaction on the BBC website, scathing, not good enough and a long term problem which does suggest something deeper is wrong than just coaching, I can't believe I'm saying this but I think might be worth bringing Eddie in as a consultant, he's saying it's their heads that need sorted and no better man!

Having said all that, respect to all for taking a few beers into the Munster changing room after the game, a class touch!