Heineken Cup 2021/22

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Heineken Cup 2021/22

Post by justinr73 »

justinr73 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:50 pm
Neill_M wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:59 pm
UlsterAreBrill wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:57 pm What’s the best route to take when travelling?

There’s a direct flight from Dublin but only lands 90 mins before KO
Easyjet from Belfast via London/Paris/Bristol is your best bet.
Belfast to Paris on the afternoon of the 7th.

Trains to Brive on the 8th, Toulouse on the 9th and Montpellier (for Quins) on the 10th.

I just need to work out how to get back and then ask Mrs justinr73…!
Well she’s booked the days off work…
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:42 pm
jean valjean wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:37 pm I think an extra 2 or maybe 4 max was the norm in the past.
Personally, I think it should be one (if any). It's a slap in the bake for anybody that goes most weeks, pays their money but doesn't have a ST.
Im pretty sure they did 6 before (maybe 6 total, i cant mind) and it worked grand.

The ST holders just made sure the deserving got a ticket. It would more a slap in the gub if a regular doesn't get because a bunch of bandwagoners are faster at getting on to ticketmaster.

As a community we know who twhe good guys are.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Also IIRC the URSC mou with UR gives priority to URSC members (after season ticket holders). I dont remember being asked for subs this year. Am I still a member? Is anyone?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:28 pm Also IIRC the URSC mou with UR gives priority to URSC members (after season ticket holders). I dont remember being asked for subs this year. Am I still a member? Is anyone?
They sent us the URSC Covid (we haven't gone away you know) masks last year.

I think we're still on the books.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:04 am
BR wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:28 pm Also IIRC the URSC mou with UR gives priority to URSC members (after season ticket holders). I dont remember being asked for subs this year. Am I still a member? Is anyone?

And therefore entitled to tickets before joe public?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:11 am
big mervyn wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:04 am

And therefore entitled to tickets before joe public?
Possibly? The URSC tends to be added as an afterthought after much wailing and teeth gnashing on social media.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

But if it is in the agreement between URSC and UR, then it should happen. It definitely has in the past.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Blue180
Novice

Post by Blue180 »

Whilst season ticket holders must take priority without a doubt the 6 additional tickets is bit much. There's a lot of people who due to work commitments and other circumstances don't have season tickets but attend as many games as they can on adhoc basis. Perhaps the 2 pool games should have been taken into consideration or even a loyalty points systems for games attended throughout the season.It would take a bit of working out but I am sure it's doable with all the digitalisation etc. You'll never keep everyone happy though ...
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

BR wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:04 am But if it is in the agreement between URSC and UR, then it should happen. It definitely has in the past.
They are still around but have not done any activities in last couple of years given the situation, so may start activities again next season and start charging a subscription again.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Read on the Leinster forum that they are getting approx 800-900 tickets as an away allocation for the Galway game (10% of capacity), so Ulster should get 3,300. Plenty to cover any demand.
redadare
Novice

Post by redadare »

Hi. Please advise where to get tickets for Toulouse away fixture.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

redadare wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:07 pm Hi. Please advise where to get tickets for Toulouse away fixture.
Assuming you want to sit with other Ulster fans, they will receive an allocation of 3,300 in theory and those will be offered to STHs 1st then on general sale. Should be zero issue getting a ticket and people usually say which section they have booked before general sale starts. Will post on here when Ulster send out the email re tickets for the away game etc and if people say which section they are going for.

Alternatively, keep an eye on the Toulouse website if you wish to buy from them directly.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:30 am
BR wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:04 am But if it is in the agreement between URSC and UR, then it should happen. It definitely has in the past.
They are still around but have not done any activities in last couple of years given the situation, so may start activities again next season and start charging a subscription again.
That's what i thought. We are still technically members although our subs have been reducced to zero. We would therefore be entitled to priority tickets. (Assuming I remember the agreement with UR and it has not been amended)
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

We have 2 STs and already have orders for 6 additional tkts.
Big Neville Southall
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Toulouse have just lost for the 5th time in a row and they were at home to an average Stade team. Good win for Ireland U20's.