Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tenyarder
Novice

Re: Injury Update

Post by Tenyarder »

BBC reporting tonight that 3W PW and sP all trained today. CH was up at Jordanstown training on a non-weight bearing machine, and hopes to train tomorrow.

:cheers:

SUFTUM
ChrisL
Novice

Post by ChrisL »

:( BBC reporting that Henry did not train today !!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17820128[url][/url]
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Stevie's ankle was hangin' off the week before Munster........ :thumright:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:Stevie's ankle was hangin' off the week before Munster........ :thumright:
Correctamundo Brother Snipe, anyway there is good news & bad news:

Good - is only Embra
Bad - their back row is probably the best element of their team.

Robbie - played pretty well last week for a longer than standard time - but reportedly sicky bad
Willie - playing like the elder lemon this season
Young Birch - madder than Mad Willie McMad Faloon judging by his Connacht cameo.

Get well soon Chris FFS, ya hear? :? :? :?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Sounded dodgey on the Beeb but who knows. Would be a big loss but one we might be able to cope with.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Ermmmmm ... the same beeb hris wasn't going to feature also said that the match was on on Friday - then Fez said Sunday ... tis all smoke and mirrors I tells ya ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Cornerfleg wrote:Ermmmmm ... the same beeb hris wasn't going to feature also said that the match was on on Friday - then Fez said Sunday ... tis all smoke and mirrors I tells ya ...
Hope ur right laddie.... end of the day, Henry will play unless totally buckled so I think he'll make it.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Snipe Watson wrote:Stevie's ankle was hangin' off the week before Munster........ :thumright:
Sure Snipe according to some, Ferris' injury was only a 'joke' so to speak to give them a sense of comfort, same with Henry I reckon.. :lol:
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Brilliant news on Jared - very exciting, like signing a new player for next season :D

Henry is worrying me. Up against Denton, Talei and the other one (sorry I forgot his name :lol: ) we need as good a back row as possible. Hopefully just a very big precaution!
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

ruckover wrote:Brilliant news on Jared - very exciting, like signing a new player for next season :D

Henry is worrying me. Up against Denton, Talei and the other one (sorry I forgot his name :lol: ) we need as good a back row as possible. Hopefully just a very big precaution!
Ruckover - its difficult to overstate the impact Pedrie had on our wee team - but I think you signature has managed it by having him here for four years instead of two!
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Flip that's the second person to give off about my signature in the past three days!

Has it really only been 2 years? I thought I heard him say in an interview "When I first came here in 2008." :?

Time to change it again...
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
ardsrugbyards
Initiate

Post by ardsrugbyards »

IF Henry doesn't play on saturday any chance baggy can write an 'Inspirational' speech for his replacement? i'm sure it was baggy that did a good speech recently before a big game.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

If Henry doesn't play I would be very worried, our back row could really be over run by Denton, Rennie and Talei... I'd be more worried that if Faloon does play Rennie will have a field day controlling the breakdown, hopefully Best can keep tabs on him, Wannenburg can keep Talei marked. Ferris vs Denton will be a huge battle. (but as usual Stevie will come out the winner :wink:)
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

I love your optimism Snipe but I have a bad feeling about this :(
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
ardsrugbyards wrote:IF Henry doesn't play on saturday any chance baggy can write an 'Inspirational' speech for his replacement? i'm sure it was baggy that did a good speech recently before a big game.
Don't think it needs Baggy's eloquence to say:-

"Listen Willie, son, I'm sorry - your a traditional 7. Your built for muddy days and cute hoorism. You just don't fit in the way we want to play. You know it son and the thing I most respect about you is that you did like I did. You took it like a man and you moved on. You didn't moan, you didn't bitch. You saw what you needed to do and you bloody did it. Now listen son. Your from Armagh. Let's see some of that South Armagh cunning that used to frustrate the opposition and confuse referees. Rennie is a wee sh1t but he's quick. You be quicker. You do your best and it will be enough. You'll go off to Connacht with a HEC medal and however big you make it there doesn't matter because in Ulster you win here today and you will always be an Ulster Legend. You go out and play your game and when your old sitting in Armagh Rugby club watching your kids running around the pitch you'll know that there are people in the crowd who will be saying "That's Willies kid - I was there the day Willie put Ulster into the final". Now dry you f@&£ing eyes son. For you and me this could be our last match. Get out there and make sure it's not."

Something like that, maybe?
Like they used to say for American Express: that'll do nicely aul han :red: :salut: