13 / 14 HEC draw

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: 13 / 14 HEC draw

Post by Cornerfleg »

Good point - I've never seen a fleg in Star Wars and as for the anthem ... mind if you control the force you can have a riot from your seat anyway ... just wave yer hands and use dumb inanimate objects to hurl stones and patril bombs for you ... bit like the Orange Lodge really!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cornerfleg wrote:Good point - I've never seen a fleg in Star Wars and as for the anthem ... mind if you control the force you can have a riot from your seat anyway ... just wave yer hands and use dumb inanimate objects to hurl stones and patril bombs for you ... bit like the Orange Lodge really!

Well it's clearly this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjMNNpIksaI
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

tigerburnie wrote:The yellow balaclava mammary is not representative of the Tigers forum and rest assured there are plenty of visitors from Ireland who come on our board to put the doubters right, ozwaldcopper pot is one of a fair few who post.
Anyway with a Munster man and a Leinster man in charge of the coaching, how can we fail now..............................
TB- I agree, your chaps are generally a balanced lot...every site has one... arghh- if I can't detect the mammary on our own site, then that mammary must be me >jawdrop :shock: :cheers: :lol:

Btw, with a Munter man and ladyboi in charge, you've answered your own question, and thereby hung yourself by your own pretard :lol:
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Russ wrote:I highly doubt that people from other clubs take anything we post seriously at all.

I would hope that one day some of the posters here have the same thoughts
Aw chill Russ, it's just a bit of well directed invective at our long standing nemeses! Let battle be rejoined :fleg:
Mods, we need some sort of "Flogging a dead Tigger" stylee smilie
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Russ wrote:I highly doubt that people from other clubs take anything we post seriously at all.

Aw chill Russ, it's just a bit of well directed invective at our long standing nemeses! Let battle be rejoined :fleg:
Are the tiggers nemesis number one?
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

I hope the suits sort out the Heineken going forwards, I for one would miss this banter if we leave it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

tigerburnie wrote:I hope the suits sort out the Heineken going forwards, I for one would miss this banter if we leave it.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Russ wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:

Are the tiggers nemesis number one?
In our HEC group, surely yes....and based on past history between us? We hoke them, then they hoke us. Now we also seem to be in a cycle of preseason friendlies with them too.
Montpellier? Who knows, although worringly, they've recruited well, including Mas, who's a serious propping operator.
But ultimately and always Ladybois and Munter domestically or in the finals... >EW >TANGRY :mexican:
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

tigerburnie wrote:I hope the suits sort out the Heineken going forwards, I for one would miss this banter if we leave it.
Simplistically, why are we not talking about 8 groups of 4= 32 teams, and an increase of 8 teams from APL, Orange 14, and Rabo/ Amlin winners to keep everyone happy?
Ultimately, no more of the 2 best runners up sh*te, only group winners go forward to the quarters, home advantage based on the usual numerical best points tallies from group winners?
Also allows the Italians and Jocks to keep their representations and continue development. The HEC must remain the international melting pot and wonderful tournament it currently is and not become the elitist playground of the APL and Top 14 based purely on lucre... >flog :banghead: :duh:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Ci man

The English and the French don't want all their teams to be equally financially successful because then their leagues would be evenly matched and the top sides would be facing better opposition every week.

By restricting the number of teams the rich get richer and therefore stronger and for others to challenge them they face financial ruin.

And much of the success of teams Toulon etc is based on a willingness to pay high wages to foreign players that only pays if the team is assured of success with and ERC of 32 teams that success is less assured.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Obviously yellow balaclava has never ventured out, let alone been to Ravenhill on a Friday night maybe he should try it, anyway with a name like balaclava he would be right at home here :terror:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

rumncoke wrote:Ci man

The English and the French don't want all their teams to be equally financially successful because then their leagues would be evenly matched and the top sides would be facing better opposition every week.

By restricting the number of teams the rich get richer and therefore stronger and for others to challenge them they face financial ruin.

And much of the success of teams Toulon etc is based on a willingness to pay high wages to foreign players that only pays if the team is assured of success with and ERC of 32 teams that success is less assured.
So in a nutshell, we're becoming football then?.... :shock:
Of course you're correct Rum, but I can hanker after a bygone Corinthian ideal, however naively, where it's about expanding and promoting the game to the non-committed, and having a competition the envy of the southern hemisphere. But its' success also satisfies the market more than some sort of English/ French superleague would..
StewMcD
Novice

Post by StewMcD »

Hoping that the future of European Club rugby as a whole doesn't solely boil down to a battle of TV rights between Sky and BT. There must be some degree of sense of overall good for the game applied in the re-shaping of the HCup going forward. The really premium result would be an agreeably extended and more straight forward HCup. Oh and a reshape whereby I still get interesting visitors to Ravenhill and and away games outside of our esteemed regular Rabo rotation.... :D
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

StewMcD wrote:Hoping that the future of European Club rugby as a whole doesn't solely boil down to a battle of TV rights between Sky and BT. There must be some degree of sense of overall good for the game applied in the re-shaping of the HCup going forward. The really premium result would be an agreeably extended and more straight forward HCup. Oh and a reshape whereby I still get interesting visitors to Ravenhill and and away games outside of our esteemed regular Rabo rotation.... :D
I'd agree with this, rugby must be the winner and not just the greedy. The football example is a good one, we don't want clubs going bust owing millions of pounds or euros.
With the inclusion of 7's in the Olympics I expect interest in rugby to increase, hopefully including the 15 man game too.