Ulster v Cardiff

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Cardiff

Post by Russ »

Deraless wrote:Patchell was discharged and away home acc to news
Hope he stocked up on free prescriptions as the SNP have stopped those over here
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

There is no need for universal free prescriptions.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Deraless wrote:Richard Nicholas was at the match for what it's worth.
I was speaking to Stuart after as he hobbled out on crutches in a hard brace. He said he was having a scan first thing this am.

was he carrying out surgery or was he there watching the game :roll:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Deraless wrote:Richard Nicholas was at the match for what it's worth.
I was speaking to Stuart after as he hobbled out on crutches in a hard brace. He said he was having a scan first thing this am.

was he carrying out surgery or was he there watching the game :roll:
I don't think he had his hammer and chisel with him.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

I hope at the end of this season that all options are evaluated for getting rid of Nick Williams. A total waste of a shirt.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

100%.can we not put the clocks forward 18 months, get rid, and make Strauss frae Glasgow an offer he can't refuse. Now there's a ball carrying 8
Exterminate all rational thought
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

If we change his job title from Senior Player to Memorial Stand Toilet Cleaner and promise the IRFU we'll never put him in a squad would they let us replace him?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

rocky wrote: But there's little doubt that we have gone from consistently being at the top of the fair play league to being at the bottom, which is not good.
It would be normal to ask, "What has changed?" It would be easy to blame the coaching set-up, but I' pretty sure the blame lies squarely with the big TVs. Refs are much more likely than a TMO to card a player. How many cards have been a result of refs rewatching the full 'horror' of the incident in slow motion?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

thecrouch wrote:I hope at the end of this season that all options are evaluated for getting rid of Nick Williams. A total waste of a shirt.

Williams has been cited is 10.4 (a) - punching/striking, which states that a player must not strike an opponent with the fist or arm, including the elbow, shoulder, head or knee. :roll:

At least 10 weeks
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
rocky wrote: But there's little doubt that we have gone from consistently being at the top of the fair play league to being at the bottom, which is not good.
It would be normal to ask, "What has changed?" It would be easy to blame the coaching set-up, but I' pretty sure the blame lies squarely with the big TVs. Refs are much more likely than a TMO to card a player. How many cards have been a result of refs rewatching the full 'horror' of the incident in slow motion?

Could well be something in that, then again, it may well be that some of our players are lacking in the brains department. The vast majority of our five red cards or upheld citings have been down to stupidity, my current scorecard is, 3 stupidity, one unconfirmed possibly very unlucky if mildly reckless, one worthy of inclusion on "Ye've bin framed ya boy ye".
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:This the same medics that said Jackson would be out for the year?
No

Unless said medics have the case notes and scans/X-rays in front of them they can't make an accurate assessment.
The information I was passing on (with the usual T&Cs) was 'medical' opinion on the suspected type of injury based on how it was being treated at the touchline. At that stage nobody else here had suggested ACL, and I was only passing on their opinion. It seems they may have been right in that respect.

The description of career-ending (which I probably should have prefixed with 'potential') was more the concern of a supporter in a private conversation than an attempt to pre-guess any sort of medical examination.

While the Stoutboys' MO is probably more used to dealing with obesity, vomiting, diarrhoea, cuts, bruises, TIAs and gas poisoning than ACL ruptures, he did explain to me once about the success rates of re-repairs and why they may not be as good the second time around. However as always I will defer to the experts on this board on such matters.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Having had a ACL repair myself by Mr Nicholas nearly 16 years ago, they couldn't scan it till the initial swelling went down, maybe technology has changed since then, secondly my graft was taken from the hamstring, assuming Olding has done his ACL again and that the 1st graft was taken from his hamstring they could take a second graft from the other hamstring or failing that they could tale a graft from the patella like the old days, I'm sure Rocky could be more informative on modern procedures than I am, anyway hoping all the best for Olding as we have lost too many home grown players through injuries, McMillan, Pollock, Ferris and Wallace to name a few.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Now that he's been cited, could that be the end of his Ulster career in all seriousness? He could easily get a ban that goes to the end of the season or beyond.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

thecrouch wrote:Now that he's been cited, could that be the end of his Ulster career in all seriousness? He could easily get a ban that goes to the end of the season or beyond.
Is he not contracted for next season?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

big mervyn wrote:
thecrouch wrote:Now that he's been cited, could that be the end of his Ulster career in all seriousness? He could easily get a ban that goes to the end of the season or beyond.
Is he not contracted for next season?
He is. But so was Anscombe.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND