Not the Heineken Cup 15/16 - General Stuff

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: Not the Heineken Cup 15/16 - General Stuff

Post by ruckover »

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read ... 7,15619635
The reasons listed on here are:
- With so many games it's too expensive for some (which I do get in fairness)
- Two English teams were involved so it was "too familiar" for fans
- "I spent too much money during the World Cup"
- Transport is too difficult
- Only the Celts are too stupid to travel to far away games (in reference to the final)
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:Citings for Marler and Farrell from the weekend:

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/marler- ... ell-cited/
For a pretty non-event of a weekend both of these citings bring me great joy. Farrell is a scumsuckingmuthafukka for whom only bad things should ever happen. How wonderful would it be if he missed the SDC Final through what is a typical cheapshot for this cornerboy? How many times have we seen him go the extra mile in a challenge to hurt the other player. Beyond doubt he has a thug's mentality, missing the biggest game of his Sorrybastards career would be joyful. :cheers:

Marler deserves about a one year suspension for challenging hard for the title of "idiot of the year". First game back from suspension for being a racist and he kicks a guy in the head, not with any great strength but it appears just with complete and utter disdain for his opponent ...........just as his words to Gypsyboy Lee were a sign of his innate sense of being a superior Englishbastard in his own tiny mind.

Frankly I lost a lot of respect for Conor O'Shea in being Marler's apologist, first, "he's not a racist" followed by “It was not a boot, it was nowhere near a boot – it was a shin”, are we to believe that the part of the leg he swung at the player matters a damn? It was a kick, a pathetic one but a deliberate kick to the head just the same. Needs trampled on from a great height.

Doubtless Guttersnipe Eddie will not think he has done anything much wrong either. :roll:

To enjoy the stupidty of one & the thuggishness of the other, plus a bonus feature of the big Wasps idiot who kicked out at Cheating Sorrybastard & Bellend Itoje, watch here : http://www.the42.ie/joe-marler-kick-cit ... 6-Apr2016/
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
ruckover wrote:It's hilarious reading all of the comments on the Saracens' fans forum wondering why they had such a low attendance for the quarters and semis. They go through pretty much every excuse except for the one that's actually true - they don't have any fans!
Link it ruckie. I've been under the weather and could do with bants
We're all "under the weather" Russ, in the most general terms, "weather" filters down to us.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:
ruckover wrote:It's hilarious reading all of the comments on the Saracens' fans forum wondering why they had such a low attendance for the quarters and semis. They go through pretty much every excuse except for the one that's actually true - they don't have any fans!
We're all "under the weather" Russ, in the most general terms, "weather" filters down to us.
Who died and made you Cap'n?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:
Cap'n.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:
Cap'n.
Flip. I'll send flowers
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:[
Cap'n.
Flip. I'll send flowers
He'd prefer donations to my drinking fund in lieu of flowers, Cap'n had hay fever, didn't like flowers. :flower:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: We're all "under the weather" Russ, in the most general terms, "weather" filters down to us.
Cap'n.
Flip. I'll send flowers
He'd prefer donations to my drinking fund in lieu of flowers, Cap'n had hay fever, didn't like flowers. :flower:
That means his missus missed out on years of flowers
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Not my issue, you want the details to donate or not? In memory of the Cap'n. Dig deep.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Marler and McIntyre of Wasps both get 2 weeks - Marler free to play in Challenge Final.

Law 10.4 (c) Kicking an opponent
Under World Rugby's Sanctions for Foul Play, Law 10.4 (c), carries the following sanction entry points – Low End: 4 weeks; Mid-Range: 8 weeks; Top End: 12 to 52 weeks

A Disciplinary Committee consisting of Roger Morris (Wales), Chairman, Simon Thomas (Wales) and Kathrine Mackie (Scotland) heard evidence and submissions from Marler, who accepted that he had committed an act of foul play but who did not accept that the foul play warranted a red card, and from Richard Smith QC on behalf of Marler.

The Committee also heard evidence and submissions from the EPCR Disciplinary Officer, Liam McTiernan.

In upholding the citing complaint, the Committee found that Marler had committed an act of foul play that warranted a red card. It determined that the offence was at the low end of World Rugby's sanctions and selected four weeks as the appropriate entry point.

In deciding to disregard the player's recent suspension as it was of an entirely different nature, the Committee then reduced the sanction by two weeks – 50 percent of the entry point – before imposing a suspension of two weeks.

Marler is free to play on Monday, 9 May. Both the player and EPCR have the right to appeal the decision.

In another hearing on Wednesday, Wasps prop Simon McIntyre was suspended for two weeks.

McIntyre was cited by the match Citing Commissioner, Stefano Marrama (Italy), for allegedly kicking Saracens second-row Maro Itoje in the 69th minute of the Champions Cup semi-final at Madejski Stadium in contravention of Law 10.4 (c).

Law 10.4 (c) Kicking an opponent
Under World Rugby's Sanctions for Foul Play, Law 10.4 (c), carries the following sanction entry points – Low End: 4 weeks; Mid-Range: 8 weeks; Top End: 12 to 52 weeks

A Disciplinary Committee consisting of Pat Barriscale (Ireland), Chairman, Roger Morris (Wales) and Julien Berenger (France), heard evidence and submissions from McIntyre, who accepted that he had committed an act of foul play that warranted a red card. The Committee also heard evidence and submissions from Kevin Harman, the Wasps Team Manager, and from the EPCR Disciplinary Officer, Liam McTiernan.

In upholding the citing complaint, the Committee determined that the offence was at the low end of World Rugby's sanctions and selected four weeks as the appropriate entry point.

The Committee then reduced the sanction by two weeks – 50 percent of the entry point – due to McIntyre's timely apology to Itoje, his clean disciplinary record, good character and good conduct at the hearing, before imposing a suspension of two weeks.

So both were deemed red cards and both got 2 weeks - except the Wasps player jumped through a million hoops to get it reduced. Marler just got it reduced??
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Yes as usual there is plenty to disagree with in them having reached the same conclusion in two very different cases of teh same offence.

McIntyre reacted badly to being held whereas Marler just flicked out a boot in total disdain as if kicking away a piece of rubbish.

McIntyre's was understandable but unacceptable frustration, Marler's ? Anybodies guess.

The fact that they just go ahead and reduce the suspension even though the new offence came in his first game back from an earlier suspension is truly pathetic and sends out a wrong message to wit, it's fine to commit "minor" offences and still get credit for wearing a suit, just as long as the offences are different.

EPCR should of course appeal ............but won't.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Farrell will get at most 2 weeks for his offence. If Marler is free to play in the Challenge Final, not going to ban Farrell from the Racing game......

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

To misquote Mark Twain, reports of my death, due to hayfever or any other cause, are greatly exaggerated. :flower:

Sorry to disappoint! :party:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

In a shocking twist Owen Farrell got 2 weeks!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Nigel will ref the Sarries Racing final. John Lacey doing the Quins Montpellier Junior final.

http://www.the42.ie/champions-challenge ... 9-Apr2016/