Munster 17/18

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Munster 17/18

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote:Looking forward to watching that backrow.
The only thing it is missing is Jordi. :D
Now now don't be jealous ImageImage
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote:Wootton is dung

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cheetahs agree.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Jerry Flannery having a go at Alan Quinlan. Gotta love that last line. :D
Munster forwards coach Jerry Flannery has launched a stinging attack on Alan Quinlan, his former teammate with Ireland and the province, accusing Quinlan of delivering ill-informed media punditry.

Quinlan, who works for Sky Sports and Newstalk as a rugby analyst, was highly critical of Munster’s performance in the PRO14 victory over Zebre, leaving his old pal fuming.

Speaking on Sportsjoe.ie podcast The Hard Yards, Flannery insisted having played for Munster doesn’t give Quinlan any insight into what is currently going on with the province.

Flannery said: "People will watch it and say, 'Well Alan Quinlan must know what's going on at Munster because he played for them', but Alan Quinlan has absolutely no idea what's going on at Munster. Nothing. He hasn't got an iota of what we do in here."

Quinlan was appointed late to cover the Zebre game on Sky after Ieuan Evans became unavailable, and Flannery claims the Tipp man took no account of Munster’s long list of absentees for the fixture.

"We were missing this amount of players and you have to look at things in context of the game. I don't know whether he had done any preparation for it. I don't think he had.

"It didn't seem like he had because when people relayed the comments back to me, I just went, 'This doesn't make sense'.

"I understand that people will come out and give their opinion but their opinion should be based on something. If it's not based on preparation, well then they're actually not doing their job and they

should not be getting paid for it, in my opinion.

"Like, if I don't do my work as a coach I'm going to get sacked.

"If, for instance, Sky think that it's deemed credible that if someone has just played for a club that they can go out and just give their opinion without doing any work, well, they're kind of cheating the viewers. People are paying for their subscription to watch it and they want to get some sort of analysis or... if they're not getting it then there is a breakdown there."

Flannery insisted this was not a personal attack and acknowledged Quinlan was called up late to cover the game. But couldn’t resist a parting jibe about Quinlan’s other TV work.

Flannery said: "Look, sometimes it can be irritating when guys that were part of the club are doing that, you know. I don't know whether they see it as sort of an attachment to their time at the club or don't want to see the club move forward because then they're not seen in the same standing that they might have been... but that's a poor mindset to have, for my opinion."

"But, look, Quinny was very good on Ireland's Fittest Family. He's good at that stuff."
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Shan wrote:Jerry Flannery having a go at Alan Quinlan. Gotta love that last line. :D
Munster forwards coach Jerry Flannery has launched a stinging attack on Alan Quinlan, his former teammate with Ireland and the province, accusing Quinlan of delivering ill-informed media punditry.

Quinlan, who works for Sky Sports and Newstalk as a rugby analyst, was highly critical of Munster’s performance in the PRO14 victory over Zebre, leaving his old pal fuming.

Speaking on Sportsjoe.ie podcast The Hard Yards, Flannery insisted having played for Munster doesn’t give Quinlan any insight into what is currently going on with the province.

Flannery said: "People will watch it and say, 'Well Alan Quinlan must know what's going on at Munster because he played for them', but Alan Quinlan has absolutely no idea what's going on at Munster. Nothing. He hasn't got an iota of what we do in here."

Quinlan was appointed late to cover the Zebre game on Sky after Ieuan Evans became unavailable, and Flannery claims the Tipp man took no account of Munster’s long list of absentees for the fixture.

"We were missing this amount of players and you have to look at things in context of the game. I don't know whether he had done any preparation for it. I don't think he had.

"It didn't seem like he had because when people relayed the comments back to me, I just went, 'This doesn't make sense'.

"I understand that people will come out and give their opinion but their opinion should be based on something. If it's not based on preparation, well then they're actually not doing their job and they

should not be getting paid for it, in my opinion.

"Like, if I don't do my work as a coach I'm going to get sacked.

"If, for instance, Sky think that it's deemed credible that if someone has just played for a club that they can go out and just give their opinion without doing any work, well, they're kind of cheating the viewers. People are paying for their subscription to watch it and they want to get some sort of analysis or... if they're not getting it then there is a breakdown there."

Flannery insisted this was not a personal attack and acknowledged Quinlan was called up late to cover the game. But couldn’t resist a parting jibe about Quinlan’s other TV work.

Flannery said: "Look, sometimes it can be irritating when guys that were part of the club are doing that, you know. I don't know whether they see it as sort of an attachment to their time at the club or don't want to see the club move forward because then they're not seen in the same standing that they might have been... but that's a poor mindset to have, for my opinion."

"But, look, Quinny was very good on Ireland's Fittest Family. He's good at that stuff."
Lovely wee complement to sign off on Image

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Tigers and the >TM match day squads (Sun 5:30pm BT Sport)

15 Mathew Tait 14 Adam Thompstone 13 Manu Tuilagi 12 Matt Toomua 11 Jonny May 10 George Ford 9 Ben Youngs 1 Kyle Traynor 2 Tom Youngs (c) 3 Dan Cole 4 Mike Fitzgerald 5 Graham Kitchener 6 Valentino Mapapalangi 7 Mike Williams 8 Sione Kalamafoni

16 Tatafu Polota-Nau 17 Logovi’i Mulipola 18 Chris Baumann 19 Dom Barrow 20 Luke Hamilton 21 Sam Harrison 22 Joe Ford 23 Nick Malouf

Simon Zebo; Darren Sweetnam, Sammy Arnold, Rory Scannell, Alex Wootton; Ian Keatley, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Kevin O’Byrne, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland; Peter O’Mahony (C), Chris Cloete, CJ Stander.

Niall Scannell, Brian Scott, John Ryan, Darren O’Shea, Jack O’Donoghue, Duncan Williams, JJ Hanrahan, Keith Earls.

Thinking a win for the >TT , but will not be as easy as last week.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

PoM signs 3 year central contract

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Stander expected to stay also, announcement soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Yes indeed a good bit of news, great too that they get the chance to see the greatest dickhead in rugby on Sunday as Tuilagi Minor, serialwanker makes his latest comeback. Let's hope he does something incredibly dumb, it would be no surprise.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Good news
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

500k for POM
400k for CJ

Hendo must be at least 2 mil
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote:PoM signs 3 year central contract

The King of Munster protecting his realm. Gwan POM ya good thing ya.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Yes indeed a good bit of news, great too that they get the chance to see the greatest dickhead in rugby on Sunday as Tuilagi Minor, serialwanker makes his latest comeback. Let's hope he does something incredibly dumb, it would be no surprise.
As scummy a fecker as they come. If he doesn't cheap shot somebody it will be a surprise.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:
Russ wrote:PoM signs 3 year central contract

The King of Munster protecting his realm. Gwan POM ya good thing ya.
Did he have a central before?

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:500k for POM
400k for CJ

Hendo must be at least 2 mil
So a central is a 100k uplift on a provincial?

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote:Did he have a central before?
Yes.