Dragon slayers V House Henson

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Dragon slayers V House Henson

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Has anyone received the usual thanks from Ulster for their support? The one that thanks the number of people who attended.

I can find no mention of crowd numbers anywhere yet. I think my early prediction of 11,108 may be not far from the truth. It looked bloody sparse but given a band-free night the atmosphere was not entirely dead.

If anyone has seen the crowd size please post, Ulster are being unusually coy.
12,291 on Ulster's fixtures & results page.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Sounds more than it looked... don't forget they include season ticket holders whether they turn up or not and I happen to know at least 6 that had found others things to be doing last night...at least we love turning up just look at the Cheetahs with their completely FREE game against Ireland lite...

There is no interest in Cheetah land for this competition no matter how great the result was for the league because the Cheetahs will win a high proportion of home games at altitude due to that fact and little else. People talk of it being a 7 year plan as if this is some newly formed club in the US .. it isn't.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Beat a tom kite Dragons 2nd XV. 5 pts in the bag.

Rodney's YC at the end....go nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rodney YC was the sign of a tired player
Why had les played him for the full 80?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Didn't play for 80, he was off getting his loaf stitched and he a burger and pint at the same time
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Given that was what Ulster hope to have as a" second pack" and Half Back combination for most of the game the result is pleasing .

But the weakness in defence is worrying but to some extent understandable due to changes made in the backs in the second half when 13 and 15 came off the park. players were shifted all over the place.

Half the crowd must have been in the city centre last night on "Culture Night " which seem to be a case walking from pub to pub for a hell of a lot of people some "culture" and with the pubs so full no body could get a drink to get plastered .

Back to the game as watched in a pub the ref basically couldn't do much for the dragons but give them two penalties ( 6 points ) in the first half for very quick blows on the whistle for failing to release . I wouldn't rely on him in a close game to be honest but fairer than some refs Ulster have experienced in the past.

Watched the Ospreys v Treviso on catch up. Treviso caught them cold and held out making fewer yards, having less possession, less territorial advantage , and making nearly 3 times as many tackles as the Ospreys . A real Italian defensive display . They successful made the Ospreys play in the pink zone between the half way and 22 metre line keeping them out of the 22 and well away from the 5 metre line red zone.
The opinion that Ulster failed to shine against Treviso while true belies the fact Treviso will bring most teams down to a level of frustrated incompetence .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
kipper
Novice

Post by kipper »

Is Hendo getting bigger or was it just my immagination.......
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Has anyone received the usual thanks from Ulster for their support? The one that thanks the number of people who attended.
I haven't had one for the past few matches.

Was wondering if they stopped around the same time Sarah-Louise went off on maternity leave?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jokeshop
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Was wondering if they stopped around the same time Sarah-Louise went off on maternity leave?
That's no excuse, Sarah-Louise can bring the child/children in to work with her.
There's plenty of clowns about Ravenspan to keep the young one(s) amused.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Some of the same traits that have killed us over the last few seasons are still in evident. The good news is that Jonno is clearly not happy with this, even if Les and the brill brigade do appear to be. Jonno is the man that I believe could take us forward over the next few seasons. Not Les.

We are still conceding soft tries in defence and taking our foot off the gas, letting sides back into the game (not last night). Against Treviso we went 14-0 up after 23 minutes and then relaxed ffs. Treviso were not far from drawing the match in the end. They should have been buried by this stage. Brill brigade will look at the Ospreys result. I say, look at our second half performance against Treviso, was that acceptable? No it wasn't. Using the fact that the Ospreys lost as a means of vindicating our second half Treviso performance is simply making excuses for mediocrity.

Glasgow beat Munster by the same points margin that we beat a Dragons side who rested the majority of their first team players. That should but our result in perspective.

There were plenty of positives of course and it was a job done. I hope Jonno insists that we review the negative points as well. We will improve.

In Jonno we trust.

FOLK
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Beat a tom kite Dragons 2nd XV. 5 pts in the bag.

Rodney's YC at the end....go nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rodney YC was the sign of a tired player
Why had les played him for the full 80?

Didn't play for 80, he was off getting his loaf stitched and he a burger and pint at the same time
Semantics

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:

I can find no mention of crowd numbers anywhere yet. I think my early prediction of 11,108 may be not far from the truth. It looked bloody sparse but given a band-free night the atmosphere was not entirely dead.

My asre!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Thank god for that. They shod have options for signing up to relevant emails separate from pointless shïte.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

My asre!
Looked very like the 11108 I predicted in midweek. Last season we had 13789 for Dragons in September but comparing the official figures, 1500 down.

Last year we got 16,224 late in the season for Connacht, no chance whatsoever of touching that in 2 weeks.

Early doors up to yet but it does seem that the league is struggling for a crowd. I think we are badly in need of a few of the alleged better players to bolster interest.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Brexit
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

My asre!
Looked very like the 11108 I predicted in midweek. Last season we had 13789 for Dragons in September but comparing the official figures, 1500 down.

Last year we got 16,224 late in the season for Connacht, no chance whatsoever of touching that in 2 weeks.

Early doors up to yet but it does seem that the league is struggling for a crowd. I think we are badly in need of a few of the alleged better players to bolster interest.
baggy.. has someone edited your post and my reply which seems to have vanished.. Cheetahs are offering shyte load of free tickets including back to back matches if not mistaken so are their figures a combination of tickets taken.. I think you even get an international thrown in as well.. crowds shocking.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU