Who will decide

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Who will decide

Post by Dave »

Dublin4 wrote:Dave,
I tend to agree with you but the rational bit was the triAl. It was forensic and fair.
The problem now after the trial is that rugby officials tend to behave and react to public perceptions not reality.
There is an air of witch hunt about.
It is naive to believe that the rugby authorities will not be heavily influenced by this.

All I am saying is that public perception is getting in the way of rehabilitating the .
D4, what we are talking about is the future of the two players in question. It would be naive for the FIRFU to make a decision based upon what they perceived to be the views of the general public. If they stroll up to a hearing, with Winters et al, presenting that as their argument...they will be torn a new A-hole. They will deal in facts, the law, the rights of the players etc.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Dave,
You are correct that this is now about the future of two young sportsmen but sadly I can see no final outcome other than the Union saying "game was brought into disrepute...blah blah ... refer you to policy number 43 in our employees handbook blah blah blah.... we listened to you before making our minds up.....".
Vodafone and the rest will have a quiet word in the ears of the blazers. In fact, they probably already have done so.
Olding handled the post trial stuff very well but I don't believe it will save his career on this island.

The best they can hope for in my modest opinion is that the IRFU let them back in 2019, having purged themselves in some other jurisdiction. That's just the reality of the business of sport. I have nothing more to say but to wish them well.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

If they are forced out, they won't be back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Jackie Brown wrote:If they are forced out, they won't be back.

And neither will I.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Nor me.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

jean valjean wrote:

And neither will I.

+1

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Im with D4 and Shan on this. We can spout (correctly) about them being found not guilty, the FACTS about who sent what texts, hypocrisy given previous incidents under the IRFU's watch etc but the current wave of # and SJW/" issues", twatter, social meedja warriors , in tandem with various Irish news scandal rags have created quite a tsunami of indignation that the Irfu and UR are ill equipped to handle. Sadly i only see one outcome, even with a substantial payoff, both will be probably in France come June. And with that my season ticket will be cancelled like many of you, not that UR give a flying f#ck about us and our opinion. I foresee a spineless fudge from the employers.
Exterminate all rational thought
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

He said Craig Gilroy was up for selection for Friday's match and said: "We haven't made final announcements of selection."
Gibbes on Gilroy.

Someone ask this as he was in the papers?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Jackie Brown wrote:
jean valjean wrote:

And neither will I.

+1

Whatever outcome the review announces needs to be considered before pronouncing.
We have no reason to believe that the review will be anything but fair, with Paddy and Stu properly represented.
Therefore if we reject the outcome, even before it is announced we are as daft as the howling harridans who rejected the court's verdict because they wanted blood.
If there is a clear and fair review that concludes that there has been gross misconduct as defined in their contract and as a result they are dismissed, I for one can live with that.
If on the other hand there is a clear witch hunt with the IRFU kowtowing to the mob. That is a very different story. Not that my objections or refusal to return will make a damned bit of difference, but there's a point of principle.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

#iwontbeback
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

damianmcr wrote:
He said Craig Gilroy was up for selection for Friday's match and said: "We haven't made final announcements of selection."
Gibbes on Gilroy.

Someone ask this as he was in the papers?
I just read his interview and was just about to ask the same question. I wonder which troublemakers turned up and have the Irish News expanded on their already exhaustive Rugby Union coverage.

FFFFFFFFFFFFS.

Well at least we know if Gilly isn't selected then they're all fùcked.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

#fcukallwouldhappenifmexicans
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

#fcukallhappenedwhentheywereturnips
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Snipe Watson wrote:If there is a clear and fair review that concludes that there has been gross misconduct as defined in their contract and as a result they are dismissed, I for one can live with that.
I think that's entirely fair and what I've said all along. That's where their legal representation comes in. If there's a black and white clause in their contract that covers this then they have absolutely no argument.

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

...but one would assume it would cover Conor Murray, except that he's currently too important.