Ulster v La Rochelle - Saturday (Sunday?) Ravenhill (RDS?)

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v La Rochelle - Saturday (Sunday?) Ravenhill (RDS?)

Post by Dave »

Lurgan Lad wrote:
TheSnapper wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:28 pm :fleg: Dublin is Sunny today , stop the moaning , it’s not as simple as some of you think, dammed if you do , dammed if you don’t, some posts here and on Facebook are absolutely pathetic, zero joined up thinking .
I think what people are wondering is if Ulster was a well run professional organisation that knew what it was doing and 'fought for every inch' would the match be taking place at Ravenhill? What are your thoughts?
He wouldn't have his own thoughts. Just that of his employer.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

StandUp wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:08 pm
TheSnapper wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:28 pm :fleg: Dublin is Sunny today , stop the moaning , it’s not as simple as some of you think, dammed if you do , dammed if you don’t, some posts here and on Facebook are absolutely pathetic, zero joined up thinking .

Everyone is fully entitled to express their opinions. The events of the last week have been a complete and utter fiasco.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:20 pm
The email from UR said there would be something about "refund options" next week.

How much does a full Ravers generate for an ERC game - £750k maybe?
Well if you bought a ticket for the game - the refund option is straightforward.

If you are looking for some sort of recompense as a season ticket holder, this is where they may provide you with options
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Jetstream wrote:In all the mediocrity, in all the lambasting of players and backroom staff one name escapes criticism. John Petrie.
Everyone says he is a jolly nice chap who visits clubs and engages with Ulster fans wherever he goes.
But as a CEO he has done Sweet nanny Adams.
Can anyone list one improvement he has made since his appointment.
But sure everything will be allright . He will leading the singing at the Ulster Carol Service next week. If it's not moved to Dublin because of weather conditions.
Personally think engaging with fans over Twitter isn’t a good idea. Some of the comments from our fans are beyond embarrassing to him.

I’m not sure what a CEO at ulster rugby does so it’s hard to pass for me to pass comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

TheSnapper wrote::fleg: Dublin is Sunny today , stop the moaning , it’s not as simple as some of you think, dammed if you do , dammed if you don’t, some posts here and on Facebook are absolutely pathetic, zero joined up thinking .
Couldn’t agree more with this comment.

Facebook ulster rugby supporters are beyond an embarrassment. Would never dream of posting or engaging with someone on there. It’s a cesspit!

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

jean valjean wrote:I'd be curious to know if UR were given the option of playing at Ravenhill but forfeit the match points if it failed an inspection pre match. Jonny and the grounds team would have had a better feeling about it than any external person 24hrs out given the forecast. I'd doubt it was offered and I probably think they wouldn't have taken the risk. Hindsight eh.
High chance I reckon.

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Do people still use Facebook?
Hawkeye
Novice

Post by Hawkeye »

Doesn’t look like BT Sport are going for the free to view option for the match. Didn’t hold out much hope for it. Feel sorry for the French fans as I can imagine what it would be like if roles were reversed. Incidentally has anyone heard any comments from them?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

BR wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:39 pm
justinr73 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:29 pm I see someone reckons La Rochelle should play their home game against us behind closed doors at a neutral venue.

I’m guessing he hasn’t got his flights and hotel booked.
I'm pretty sure that was meant sarcastically.
I doubt it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hawkeye wrote:Doesn’t look like BT Sport are going for the free to view option for the match. Didn’t hold out much hope for it. Feel sorry for the French fans as I can imagine what it would be like if roles were reversed. Incidentally has anyone heard any comments from them?
Sacre bleu.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Half the comments everywhere are pisstake. Some serious nerds like snapper getting all hot n bothered.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:47 pm
Hawkeye wrote:Doesn’t look like BT Sport are going for the free to view option for the match. Didn’t hold out much hope for it. Feel sorry for the French fans as I can imagine what it would be like if roles were reversed. Incidentally has anyone heard any comments from them?
Sacre bleu.
Zut alors!

Sure they'll all be having a whale of a time eating overpriced crepes at the Continental Market. Most of 'em probably only came to do their Xmas shapping at Primark.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:50 pm Half the comments everywhere are pisstake. Some serious nerds like snapper getting all hot n bothered.
Yep, it's comments from Snappy give you satisfaction that your work here is done pal >gimmefive
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:59 pm
Dave wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:50 pm Half the comments everywhere are pisstake. Some serious nerds like snapper getting all hot n bothered.
Yep, it's comments from Snappy give you satisfaction that your work here is done pal >gimmefive
He was bound to snap eventually.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Yeah, you can inject it into my veins mate.