Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

stickinout
Warrior Chief

Re: Replacement 10

Post by stickinout »

ColinM wrote:
stickinout wrote:
ColinM wrote:
stickinout wrote:
Dan Dare wrote:Really hope that Carbery or indeed Byrne do not come here. Always better to have players who want to come, irrespective of their origins. Cooney came to us via Connacht and I admire him so much for it. Wants to be better and wants to play for us.
Absolutely, and a one year contracted 10 is as useful to us as a chocolate tea pot.
As we found out to our detriment during February and March, it is better than a half year contracted 10*

* To be clear, a one year contracted 10 of no reasonable experience is useless. A past master in the style of Terblanche 2012 would be very acceptable.
Unfortunately Colin, those kind of players are as rare as hobbyhorse sh1t. I'd say Stefan could still do a job for us now, he was some specimen of a man.
Indeed but there is one in Exeter (notwithstanding he wouldn't want to come here), and he would not even use an NIQ spot which as we know Slogan likes to reserve for 'Box Office' players like Schalk Van der Merwe
I'd be amazed if he came back here. Maybe if the money was right? Very doubtful, his life, wife etc is over there.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

If we had a different CEO, say just for the sake of it, let me think, Gordy Hamilton, would it make any difference to our relationship with the IRFU? Just wondering like.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
prawnsarnies
Novice

Post by prawnsarnies »

stickinout wrote:
ColinM wrote:
stickinout wrote:
ColinM wrote:
stickinout wrote: Absolutely, and a one year contracted 10 is as useful to us as a chocolate tea pot.
As we found out to our detriment during February and March, it is better than a half year contracted 10*

* To be clear, a one year contracted 10 of no reasonable experience is useless. A past master in the style of Terblanche 2012 would be very acceptable.
Unfortunately Colin, those kind of players are as rare as hobbyhorse sh1t. I'd say Stefan could still do a job for us now, he was some specimen of a man.
Indeed but there is one in Exeter (notwithstanding he wouldn't want to come here), and he would not even use an NIQ spot which as we know Slogan likes to reserve for 'Box Office' players like Schalk Van der Merwe
I'd be amazed if he came back here. Maybe if the money was right? Very doubtful, his life, wife etc is over there.
Already asked a few months ago.
Offered a playing role with potential coaching spot in future. Told Bryn to sling his hook.
"You have to find to find your own solace - your own drive, your own ambition, your own inner strength; for the greatest game of your f**king life." Jim Telfer, 1st Test, Lions Tour 1997
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

It just shows how pig-headed Nucifora is when he turns down the option to bring Ruan back as a 10. Absolutely no reasonable explanation for blocking this.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Wee Joey has to make up his mind which province he hates more.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

prawnsarnies wrote:
stickinout wrote:
ColinM wrote:
stickinout wrote:
ColinM wrote:

Already asked a few months ago.
Offered a playing role with potential coaching spot in future. Told Bryn to sling his hook.
Not surprised in the slightest. He's playing for a tight knit club who've come up together. What would he be trading that for? A dysfunctional club full of Daves, with no coach, with a clown at CEO, owned by FIRFU run by Leinster and Munster men for the benefit of whom? Not a hope in hell of him coming back here.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Gary wrote:If we had a different CEO, say just for the sake of it, let me think, Gordy Hamilton, would it make any difference to our relationship with the IRFU? Just wondering like.
I think ex players, especially successful international players, would get a certain amount of respect from the start, regardless of what else they would bring to the party. what do you think our CEO got or gets? He's a lackey, a lap dog, a yes man, a non-entity in D4. Maybe his Midas touch reputation has reached the hallowed halls of D4? Clown. BTW, when the f@ck is he gone?
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Dave wrote:Wee Joey has to make up his mind which province he hates more.
You can't blame him Dave, if I was him, i'd want to stay at my home province too, especially if they're successful.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

stickinout wrote:
You can't blame him Dave, if I was him, i'd want to stay at my home province too, especially if they're successful.
No I don't. Forcing a move helps neither party
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Dave wrote:
stickinout wrote:
No I don't. Forcing a move helps neither party
Absolutely. I think Nucifuhrer is going to lose this one but i don't think he'll give us what we need or deserve.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Black - South African no difference it was never the point I was making the importance placed on the that description is of your making not mine .

That he is another Carberry is the point he is a running brainfart .

And the length of contract he would be seeking for what could be a one season mess .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I'm not convinced about Ruan at 10.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

rumncoke wrote:Black - South African no difference it was never the point I was making the importance placed on the that description is of your making not mine .

That he is another Carberry is the point he is a running brainfart .

And the length of contract he would be seeking for what could be a one season mess .

Right, so carbery is like a white Jantjies then? I get it now.....
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Replacement 10

Post by rumncoke »

Difference -- he might like to come and he would not be suffering as being seen as an imposed Dublin plant .

But I don't rate him highly as an outhalf .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:I'm not convinced about Ruan at 10.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
Agreed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk