Other Pro 12 16/17

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Other Pro 12 16/17

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

damianmcr wrote:That doesn't help us
Tis a cunning >TT plot agin us.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Ref (same one we had last week) shafting Munster.

Munster a couple of yards out, the whole Scarlets defence offside, ref clearly telling them to get back onside behind the try line and still they ignore him yet he doesn't penalise them. Ball held up a few inches short. :roll:
Ref was extremely weak. Tried to look like he was too dumb to have ever heard the word before when Tyler had to explain to him that the Scarlets were fouling cynically. That being said he didn't cost us the game. We did that ourselves. We lost a game we should have won. We lost to a team we should have beaten with relative ease. Utterly dreadful second half from Munster and got what we deserved.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Shan wrote:

Munster a couple of yards out, the whole Scarlets defence offside, ref clearly telling them to get back onside behind the try line and still they ignore him yet he doesn't penalise them. Ball held up a few inches short. :roll:
Ref was extremely weak. Tried to look like he was too dumb to have ever heard the word before when Tyler had to explain to him that the Scarlets were fouling cynically. That being said he didn't cost us the game. We did that ourselves. We lost a game we should have won. We lost to a team we should have beaten with relative ease. Utterly dreadful second half from Munster and got what we deserved.
Fair play Shan, correct assessment.

Has blown the league right open, 2nd place now attainable for ourselves... just.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Shan wrote:

No arguments there.
I'm not arguing -
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Fair play Shan, correct assessment.

Has blown the league right open, 2nd place now attainable for ourselves... just.

I think Ulster are nailed on for semi final qualification and still have a chance to pressure Ospreys and Munster. Hence my comment last week about them beating a team they should have beaten.....which some poor souls inexplicably construed as gloating from me. Strange folk.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Shan wrote:

I think Ulster are nailed on for semi final qualification and still have a chance to pressure Ospreys and Munster. Hence my comment last week about them beating a team they should have beaten.....which some poor souls inexplicably construed as gloating from me. Strange folk.
S'alright Shan I put them right! :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Shan wrote:

Won't be the first or last result to throw up an..... oh my goodness moment.

Glasgow in last chance salon tomorrow versus Ospreys, Ospreys mentality is that if they lose they are still in a decent position, Glasgow know if they lose they are all but dead.

Desperate Glasgow could provide a result.

The feel here is all Ulster have to do is show up on Sunday.....

Building for an exciting league.

Munster Vs Ulster could be massive.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Shan wrote:

I think Ulster are nailed on for semi final qualification and still have a chance to pressure Ospreys and Munster.

Feck aff putting the Shan scud on us
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Munster peaked far too early.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Just finished watching it. Quite a shocking collapse from Munster but I suppose they were more hindered by international calls than Scaaaaaaaaalets. What Scaaaaaaaalets do have is a few canny ould hoores in there, principally Hadleigh Parkes who I have a high regard for. They do not give up, if you invite them into the game they are not afraid to take it as Ulster found out in Parc-y-Empy when we kept them in the game and the ref did the rest with the ludicrous decision against Reidy, and when they get a run of open play going they are dangerous.

We saw last week that they ref was a bit of a nonce and unpredictable, you just have to be good enough & in the second half Munster looked like they thought the job was done.

Not a good result for Ulster and Scaaaalets are away to Mexico next week with a chance to scalp, Weegies, Munster & Mexico in quick succession. Maybe Leo will get Schmidtferbrains to help him out with a few internationals.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

I see the UR games for R18 & R19 have been confirmed.

Dragons (a) Fri 24th Mar 7:35pm

CARDIFF (H) Fri 7th Apr 7:35pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

This week's games:

Fri 3rd Mar
7:35pm Westies v Zebre TG4
7:35pm Ulster v Treviso BBC2NI
7:35pm Edinburgh v Hairsprays BBC ALBA/BBC2W

Sat 4th Mar
3pm Glasgow v Dragons Sky Sports 2
5:15pm Caaardiff v Turnips Sky Sports 2
7:35pm Mexicans v Scaarlets TG4/S4C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Interesting point made on Scrum V on BBCW last night re the Cardiff Blues. Even if they finished 6th and ahead of Glasgow, would still not get into the Champions Cup as Glasgow would still be best Scottish team....same principle applies to Connacht.

Either side would have to get to 5th place.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Sure the Blues would rather have the opportunity to go and play Quins in London than play in the SD cup.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Sideshow Bob swopping the RDS for sexy Dave Parade!