Team to play Zebre.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Team to play Zebre.

Post by Bart S »

Kiss should have seen last year that Trimble was not captaincy material.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Bart S wrote:Kiss should have seen last year that Trimble was not captaincy material.
Wingers can't be captains. Need someone in the thick of it.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I am very very drunk and am unable to espresso just how bad that was. I have nothing to say. That sucked shyte through a tramps filthy sock. FOLK
OUT OUT OUT
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

We just don't have the leaders in the pack to win away from home consistently. Without Rory, Chad or marcell we have no-one with a clear head to pull guys in and say this is what we need to do in this situation. I can't remember a recent away game in Italy where we didn't look panicked and clueless yet these are the games we seem to think are easy 5 pointers.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Why not a few chips over the top to fix the rush defence, not rocket science.
The Glu other than being on Charles shoulder had a howler again. Really worried for him.

As regards rotation, McLaughs went the other way and the same 20 odd players got us to Twickenham. They knew exactly what their roles were. We had a dose of stranger danger today.

God awful day and the next two games will tell us exactly we're we really are. Until then I'll pretend it was a bad dream. :fleg:
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

On performance this season, I'm not convinced GLU is worthy of a place on the bench, let alone being handed the Captain's armband. Kiss's decision
Kiss sits on high and watches the same game us we mortals, but he fails to see, from his lofty perch, how opposing teams are stopping us playing and beating us up, yet we all see what's wrong. Whenever things aren't going our way, he has NEVER been able to change our shape, or tactics to counter the opposition's game. HE IS SHYTE.
He must give a splendid halftime team talk...
We watched some good Ulster players yesterday, looking totally lost, confused and beaten. That leads to stupid mistakes and halfassed play.
Kiss & Co haven't recognised the three leaders in our squad and the necessity to have one of them on the pitch. That's inexcusable . FOLK NOW
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

All of the above.
We could discuss tactics, leadership etc all day long where we got it wrong but essentially I think this came down to mindset and approach.

Zebre played to win a rugby match whilst we were chasing bonus points.
Very disrespectful away from home, win the game first then chase bonus points.

Didn't learn that from Treviso where we nearly came unstuck.
Caught a huge overdue cold there.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Eh............ nah , still nathin'.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rugoval
Novice

Post by rugoval »

I woke up this morning with one of those 'was it a bad dream' moments. Then reality quickly kicked in. One of those things we can't change with no matter how many 'if onlys'
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Why is anyone really surprised? Same MO since Cowboy was given the bullet.
It'll take Gibbes et al,if he's allowed, a couple of seasons to get rid of the dross we've let stay on.

That includes FOLK.
To summarise;
Zebre played well and looked like a team who knew we are flakey and the parts better than the sum. They played with aggression and confidence. We were complacent, fragmented and poorly coached or prepared. Good players were made to look poor, great players average. That takes some doing.
We knew the fall off between first choice 23 and the rest was big, now we know the reality is a chasm

Their young players look bigger, stronger and better coached than ours.
We have few real leaders.
The second choice front row options Andrew aside, are shockingly poor. Zebres FR subs and depth is greater fs. Black and Ray merely make up numbers on a team sheet.

Unless LK reinvents GLU as a centre, AAT is on a rapid downward spiral. Brutal form and never a leader for all of his Ulster to the core breeding.
Zebre will take down others in Parma, just not the other "top 6".
Their off loading game we could only dream about- embarrassing.
Treadwell and a few other young forwards need to beef up, including the aggression and front up.

Pete Browne is a trier but made of paper. AW is AIL level living the dream. LM has a shocking skill set for an international centre.
The 10 internationals bit is a joke. How many did Zebre have. Its the quality if the international fs...
Even DC couldnt organise that defence.
Passive, slow out of the gate, dog legged, disjointed with no plan on how to play Zebre.
Zebres forwards pods of 3-4 forwards peeling in support of the off load showed up the paucity of current thinking from our lot.
Some players are phoning it in.

Cooney sub lunacy on a par with Cowboys in the semi a few years back.
Deysel is a paper tiger without big boys around him.
MC is Fez 2 and will be gone by Xmas.
There is a rottenness at the core of UR that some don't want to confront. Lk is the outworking of it. We now have a coach as good as any in the world with a proven track record yet everything still stinks. Why? ( You know why...)
Only positive is its one game closer to LK fing off...
Fair summary of what we're all thinking?. I'm sure I've missed some stuff from the posts but I have a life.
Exterminate all rational thought
Hamsterdam
Novice

Post by Hamsterdam »

No doubting we have been fortunate with the fixtures to date - Easily beat a half-baked Cheetahs team (they'd be a different prospect now), squeezed past Treviso (just read the match thread again :banghead: ), inspired Home performance against a good Scarlets side and a comfortable win against a B&I level weakend Dragons side (still shipped > 20 points). Now this.

Response over next few months will be very interesting looking at the fixture list.

I honestly believe we have a squad that can compete and am grateful to see some emerging local players get a chance but once again this season there appears to be something stopping us from kicking on to the next level ..... >ESAD
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Hamsterdam wrote:No doubting we have been fortunate with the fixtures to date - Easily beat a half-baked Cheetahs team (they'd be a different prospect now), squeezed past Treviso (just read the match thread again :banghead: ), inspired Home performance against a good Scarlets side and a comfortable win against a B&I level weakend Dragons side (still shipped > 20 points). Now this.

Response over next few months will be very interesting looking at the fixture list.

I honestly believe we have a squad that can compete and am grateful to see some emerging local players get a chance but once again this season there appears to be something stopping us from kicking on to the next level ..... >ESAD
Can't agree. Our squad is crap. We were crap last year and are now without the likes of Ruan, Jackson and Olding. Our pack is pish unless Best, Henderson and Coetzee are all playing.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

bazzaj wrote:All of the above.
We could discuss tactics, leadership etc all day long where we got it wrong but essentially I think this came down to mindset and approach.

Zebre played to win a rugby match whilst we were chasing bonus points.
Very disrespectful away from home, win the game first then chase bonus points.

Didn't learn that from Treviso where we nearly came unstuck.
Caught a huge overdue cold there.
That's it Baz exactly there was no learning from the Treviso game. We didn't even travel with McCloskey/Stockdale our two best line breakers and Henry, who has been captain for most of the games thus far. FOLK
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The Tamil Thalaivas are showing more intensity on the kabaddi on sky sports right now.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rodney was our best ball carrier in the pack. Rodney.