Ulster v Cardiff

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Cardiff

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Amiga500 wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:OK, lets imagine that any player is capable of loosing control and taking a cheapshot. Now had Hendo done what Fat Nick did, how many would be saying "I hope he never plays for Ulster again"? Damn few I'd say.
All fine and well Baggy...

But, when is the last game you don't remember at least one "feck sake nick, wise up!" moment?
I think I've made the point adequately.

I believe Fat Nick's season and perhaps Ulster career is over.

I like Fat Nick, I'm not about to turn on him like a dog just because it may be popular or convenient.

I used to regularly say I didn't join this site to be popular or to make friends, the fact that I have done both is as welcome side product :lol: :lol: :lol: though of course, behind every popular and charming man there is a line of haters with a sharpened chiv for one's back, ready to plunge it between third and fourth rib for maximum inconvenience.

Haven't trotted that out for a while, but I've more than enough friends to be going on with. That reminds me, I must go on bakebook and cull a few "friends" they are too numerate for my liking, feckin hangers on, some are like dingleberries.

By the way, any Baggy Trousers on twatter is an imposter, gentlemen don't twatt.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

They don't twatt , don't squat , don't bake and don't iron . But open doors for ladies and drink their G&T when their not looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:They don't twatt , don't squat , don't bake and don't iron . But open doors for ladies and drink their G&T when their not looking

Quoted for all to try to decipher
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:They don't twatt , don't squat , don't bake and don't iron . But open doors for ladies and drink their G&T when their not looking
Correct Rum'n though doubtless yutes will fail to comprehend ........ oh look, there goes Russ. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Once a Knight wrote:
Russ wrote:

Quoted for all to try to decipher

Please don't do that again Russ.

http://youtu.be/ke5Mr5eCF2U
I'm quite certain that like me, Rumn understood every word of that without having to think about it. Ruuurrrrrrrri. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

I believe it will be Nick's season over. I do not believe it will be his Ulster career over.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Their meaning the possessive case as in 'their house'
They're meaning 'they are'
There all other situations

:banghead: it's not it's rocket science like effect/affect
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Just curious if Nick gets banned does he continue to get paid? Can Ulster treat people differently e.g. pay McCloskey but not Nick?
Absolute shame about Olding, gutted for him.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

I have thought long and hard about this before I commented on the incident and I'm probably not going to be popular on this but the only thing that I see in the NW incident is a clumsy attempt at a clear out, an unfortunate accident in a contact sport when a 20+ stone man runs into a 13 stone man and that usually results in only one outcome, Rhys Patchell was injured, given the best medical treatment available and hopefully will make a full recovery. Nick didn't punch him, headbutt him, knee him or kick him, the arbitrators of the game have a duty to safeguard player welfare and rightly so but seriously if they continue down the road that they are going we will soon be playing touch rugby, you're no longer able to shoe a player if he's lying all over the ball, you're no longer able to deal with the cheapshots from the Hartleys, Armitages, Dupuys, Attoubs, Cullens and Hines of this world, competing for the ball in the air is now a lottery with how the player lands or how long he stays prone on the ground whither real or not determining the punishment. Rugby is a physical sport with players not wearing massive protection and they are getting bigger and stronger therefore injuries will become more frequent and unfortunately more serious. Every collision, every tackle is a Rhys Patchell or a George North waiting to happen, it's rugby it hard, it's physical and it is full on that's why we play it, watch it, enjoy it but unfortunately clumsy accidents happen. Did Nick intentionally hurt Patchell, only he knows... personally I think not and I won't be part of a witch hunt that seems to be brewing.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Nick isn't a dirty player. He is however very reckless. For his size, to be reckless is dangerous. He should be told by the coaching staff on no uncertain terms what is expected of him ie no shooting the line, no charging into a maul, no one handed carries, no offloads without looking etc. I have no idea what he was attempting on Friday but I'd expect a lengthy ban, the slow mo makes it look awful.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Has he been officially cited?

Any word on Olding?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Yeah he was cited. I read it was the same injury on the same knee on the papers thread.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:Has he been officially cited?

Any word on Olding?
Cited for "Striking" Jackie & Olding has done the same knee, same injury, out for donkeys, just hope he gets physically sorted out and with any luck fit to play rugby.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Dave wrote:Nick isn't a dirty player. He is however very reckless. For his size, to be reckless is dangerous. He should be told by the coaching staff on no uncertain terms what is expected of him ie no shooting the line, no charging into a maul, no one handed carries, no offloads without looking etc. I have no idea what he was attempting on Friday but I'd expect a lengthy ban, the slow mo makes it look awful.
Having watched him play may games, I think he could be something of a borderline dirty player, though not an absolutely overt thug. He certainly is reckless. More than this, he is thick as champ, since he keeps doing the same old sloppy stuff over and over again, and then looking surprised and hard-done-by when he gets pinged. I get the feeling he is not that coachable. For some time now I have thought that his liability to the team outweighs his usefulness. I am hoping he leaves.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Correct Rum'n though doubtless yutes will fail to comprehend ........ oh look, there goes Russ. :lol:
Gentlemen/real men do iron! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_ironing