Ulster vs Wasps

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster vs Wasps

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Some comments;
Play like that next week agin ALR and the roof will come in.
Lets hope AOC, Chad and RB are available to start or bench.
If so Id have Hendo back at 6 and Aoc and Treadwell for bulk against a huge La Rochelle pack.
Watching them beat Quins comfortably imo they have it in them to put 40 points on us. Anything from next week, either try bonus or LBP Id take in a heartbeat.
Wasps were gash yet they were in it until 70 mins. 10 mins doesn't win matches against teams like ALR. Lamb is a real danger as is their 12. We can beat Quins home and away with close
to a full strength team if thats ever possible. Weak group apart from ALR.

Haskell a Lion? WTAF?
Cooney and CL deserve some slack, given the cumulative circumstance of their pairing. Stockers and JC have been our best players this season so far.
We are a very average side, and .will be exposed away by better teams than wasps. Next
week will tell the tale.
One other comment- Ive rarely seen an Ulster side so flat and passive in a home European game as Friday night. Shocking imo. Analogy that springs to mind is the infamous Cripple fight scene from Southpark- aptly sums up both sides.
Gibbes looked *issed off a lot.
Exterminate all rational thought
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Ulsterscall wrote:Baggy, your persistent bile, personal abuse and personal aggrandisement consistently ruin the otherwise enjoyable occasional browsing of this forum. Your posts show no understanding of the spirit that rugby should be played and watched in. You sound like a football fan. When do you go to Spain? Oh and 26,000 posts in 6 years - seriously?

Ulsterscall please wind your feckin neck in. Baggy is an institution
who like a dozen or so other elder statesmen who post on this forum,
know a hell of a great deal more about rugby than you probably
ever will.
You need to realise that Bagster's caustic wit shouldn't
ever be misconstrued as being personal or meant to hurt
anyone's feelings.

You need to toughen up your very thin skin.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

caledoniancelt wrote:
Ulsterscall please wind your feckin neck in. Baggy is an institution
who like a dozen or so other elder statesmen who post on this forum,
know a hell of a great deal more about rugby than you probably
ever will.
You need to realise that Bagster's caustic wit shouldn't
ever be misconstrued as being personal or meant to hurt
anyone's feelings.

You need to toughen up your very thin skin.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Ulsterscall wrote:Baggy, your persistent bile, personal abuse and personal aggrandisement consistently ruin the otherwise enjoyable occasional browsing of this forum. Your posts show no understanding of the spirit that rugby should be played and watched in. You sound like a football fan. When do you go to Spain? Oh and 26,000 posts in 6 years - seriously?
Seat adjusted and suitably reclined - Check
3D Glasses - Check
Popcorn - Check

I await your riposte Señor Baggy.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
MCBwinwinwin
Initiate

Post by MCBwinwinwin »

Never a truer word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

Caledoniancelt please advise which part of :

"I hope he dies soon, him Trump & Arsene Wenger, if they all go within a few weeks of each other I shall get very very drunk to celebrate, 3 horrible basterds."

Displays a knowledge of Rugby,reflects a caustic wit,is not personal or does not hurt anyone's feelings.

I have been an Ulster supporter for many years and very much enjoy most of what is posted on this forum but sometimes I feel our moderators slip and on this occasion if feel that is the case. The comment is just inappropriate and full of bile and also produces a bad reflection on us all if not challenged.

To those on the forum who would defend "our institution of 26k posts." read his post through the eyes of a young person, someone new to rugby or maybe even a visitor to the site and tell me how much of this witty comment represents you or indeed the Ulster Rugby fraternity who extend a hand of welcome to rugby supporters world wide and are proud to do so.

Ulstercall should be supported on the forum not told to get a thick skin.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Just re-watched the game.

McCall: great hit on Macken. Gives his all. Under pressure in a few scrums. His knee went down in a few scrums near the touchline close to where I was. Maybe a trump protest. Not sure.

Herring: Some really good carries. Upped his level.

Herbst: didn't kill anything.

Treadwell: Driven back a few times in the first half but then turned it around with some strong second half carries. Great cover tackle on Wade.

Hendo: good all round Captain's performance. Good body angle into contact.

Diack: very good shift from Diack.

Reidy: so consistent, made more yards than any other forward. Great support lines and tackling everything.

Deysel: Provides so much muscle in the pack. Not as explosive as days gone by but gets over the gainline. Very effective as the supporting player in a pod. Great carry close to the line after roll through Haskell.

Cooney: another great display. His defence is class. Very unlucky not to score.

Leali'iafano: made some mistakes but did an awful lot right. That soft inside ball to put Stockdale through early on was deft. The ball went through his hands for the first try. That little chip for Marshall that created a break and then Louis was tackled high by penfold, we got the pen. Nice little grubber that hemmed them into the corner and tredderz stole their lineout ball, Cooney nearly scored as a result. Very unlucky not to score after a monsterous carry. Slotted the two pens cold, that put us in the clear. A few very accurate up n unders landing the right side of the 22.

He was unlucky with the 5 on 2. Wade shot up because there was no cover outside. A lot of tens would have been caught out. Actually it was very lucky for Wade. The banana kick needs to be binned, now.

Stockdale: absolute class, don't need to say much really.

McCloskey: another good performance. Carrying, offloading and generally manhandling the opposition. Took his try well.

Luke: solid from Luke. Great defence and a few quality busts up the middle.

Ludik: solid as ever. Put them under pressure with his chase and contest in the air.

Piutau: Another great display. He was at the heart of both tries.

A mention for p, who was excellent when he came on.

All in all, we are brill.
Last edited by Dave on Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
We are a very average side, and .will be exposed away by better teams than wasps.
Hey boss. I think similar comment applies to all the Irish teams at the moment. We all have areas of weakness which will stop us all at the business end. Could be one of those fecking years.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cornerfleg wrote:And while we're discussing players who have been lets say "put down" ... John Cooney has been nothing short of brilliant playing 9 as JOHN COONEY so far.
Didn't quite work when he tried playing as George Clooney.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Fcuking babies on here this morning. If you have a problem with baggy send him a pm. Otherwise STFU and talk about rugby.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

skiboo wrote:Caledoniancelt please advise which part of :

"I hope he dies soon, him Trump & Arsene Wenger, if they all go within a few weeks of each other I shall get very very drunk to celebrate, 3 horrible basterds."

Displays a knowledge of Rugby,reflects a caustic wit,is not personal or does not hurt anyone's feelings.
Whose feelings are likely to be hurt? Donald Trump, Arsene Wenger?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Who has had their feelings hurt? What feelings and how badly are they hurt? Is there any chance of medical joker or will the FIRFU tell us to fcuk off, potentially hurting more feelings?

I currently have a weapons grade ACL rupture on my pride after rum insulted my rap to diss Wasps.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Back to the match. That's the first game we haven't conceded a try this season. Discuss...
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

How good was the band...... Discuss!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote:Back to the match. That's the first game we haven't conceded a try this season. Discuss...
The try Connacht scored was a non try, forward pass in the build up.

I'd be more than happy if we deny La Rochelle a TBP next week.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18