It's rugby not football!!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Re: It's rugby not football!!

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

I didn't like the leo back slap either ... on the other hand if it had been one of our boys winding up thon wee hooker hartley last week I would have loved it!!!!!
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

stickinout wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:As a side issue ... anyone else sick sore and tired of a the cheap pat the player who made a mistake on the head ploy. Boils my pash that when anyone does it ... well done you cocked up ...
Yep, boils my pi$h too. Would be good to see it getting rubbed out of the game.
in fairness Besty did it to Wilson against Saints.. tbh this doesn't bother me as much somehow..
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

UlsterJock wrote:Would he have reached for the card?.....possibly yes probably no, who is to know; RP has won us a few penalties this way....is that a reason to do it.
Fundamentally I go back to the title of this post, its rugby not football and as such there is a code of conduct written or not that stands our game apart from others. We let this slip and our game will change (not for the better in my eyes).

Call me Mr. Cynical but i think the game has already begun to change in terms of player conduct, perhaps Mr Cueto last week was a prime example of this?...... The best team in the world (NZ) are the team that not only have great players, they know the laws inside out, the dark arts too and IMO play the game beyond the legal and know how to play refs. Those factors combine to make them a difficult outfit to beat. Do you think the NZers worry about how gentlemanly they've played? I really don't think so. They'd kill their own grandmothers to win a match.