ItV coverage

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Loki
Warrior Assassin

Re: ItV coverage

Post by Loki »

Vickery was a new low in sports tv commentary, even worse than the kid's presenter C4 fired on the athletics recently.

Craig Doyle is the most banal presenter I've seen in some time, and there's consistently no tactical or game analysis worth speaking of. currently have the Wales - South Africa game here and the panel just isn't being used correctly, someone like Pienaar surely has more to offer. Bin some of the ex-players and get in lads who can talk wise about the game, for the hardened fan and blow-in alike.

Gareth Thomas: "If you're going to pick Shane Williams and George North, you need to get them in the game" - never!
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I hate this touch screen nonsense, it looks so awkward and Gareth Thomas is wearing very gay shoes.

ITV are excellent at dumbing down, even worse than Sky Sports.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
GMAC
Initiate

Post by GMAC »

Jackie Brown wrote:I hate this touch screen nonsense, it looks so awkward and Gareth Thomas is wearing very gay shoes.

I'd be disappointed if he wasn't JB :) Luckily I have the Setanta coverage for the commentary on the Boks game Not often you can say the Setanta commentary is preferable
:lol:
Post Tenebras Lux
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Phil Vickery is thee most boring man to ever talk on television.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Wales v RSA, first game i've watched on ITV. This commentary is appauling, worse than Sky's for the Ireland v England warm up match (which was bad, very bad). I think Phil Vickery has the mental capacity of a cabbage, and this ex-football commentator makes Jonathan Davies seem impartial.
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

Jackie Brown wrote:Phil Vickery is thee most boring man to ever talk on television.
JB, your good mate Andi the Greek is in full agreement:
AndiKyriacou2: RT @sammygrimes: Phil Vickery: the voice of Temazepam. Zzzzz..... #itvcoverageisbobbins
I'm not entirely sure what "bobbins" means but it sounds a fairly accurate description.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

moondance wrote:I'm not entirely sure what "bobbins" means but it sounds a fairly accurate description.
a polite word for brad pitt.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Shame that an Ireland vs Wales QF is looking less likely. At least then there was a chance that ITV could have given us the dream team - Their welsh analyst Gareth Thomas joined on the sofa by his good Irish friend from Toulouse, Mr Trevor Brennan.... :stir:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

moondance wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Phil Vickery is thee most boring man to ever talk on television.
AndiKyriacou2: RT @sammygrimes: Phil Vickery: the voice of Temazepam. Zzzzz..... #itvcoverageisbobbins
I'm not entirely sure what "bobbins" means but it sounds a fairly accurate description.
Ryan Caldwell on Twitter said Phil Vickery sounds like he has just woken up! :salut:
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

It would be worse if there was no coverage :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote:
moondance wrote:
Ryan Caldwell on Twitter said Phil Vickery sounds like he has just woken up! :salut:
Not sure I could ever imagine big Caldy getting a gig as a pundit when he finishes playing..... :shock:
prawnsarnies
Novice

Post by prawnsarnies »

Did anyone hear Steve Ryder and his 'Maybe they'll offer more than Sushi after halftime" comment during the Japan game? The man is a bell end
"You have to find to find your own solace - your own drive, your own ambition, your own inner strength; for the greatest game of your f**king life." Jim Telfer, 1st Test, Lions Tour 1997
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

Vickery was on TalkSport's rugby round up on Sunday night and I groaned when he was announced. The labour undertaken in getting the simplest sentence out seemed unbearable, I can't believe his name / status trumps his commentating and chat ability.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

moondance wrote:
Always happy to help, a bit of Manc slang it appears:

Rubbish, nonsense, useless. Manchester rhyming slang for rotten, from bobbins of cotton. E.g."That meal was bobbins, next time we'll eat at home."
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:Not sure I could ever imagine big Caldy getting a gig as a pundit when he finishes playing..... :shock:
Would love to hear his analysis of the break down..."You just close yer eyes, rush in, hope for the best and wait for the whistle looking all confused" :salut:
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?