Positives & Negatives: Ulster V Dragons

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Re: Positives & Negatives: Ulster V Dragons

Post by scrum5 »

Johann out for 3 to 4 weeks, over all a satisfying result, 5 points collected and a fair few good performances from the men in white...... SUFTUM
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Ulster throw in
Initiate

Post by Ulster throw in »

Eggs wrote: The one negative however was our defense, too many missed tackles, against a better side they would have been tries, and I disagree with anyone who thinks our defensive alignments were good...
Eggs wise up. Defense was pretty decent for a team who havent played for 3 weeks and 5 or 6 fringe players to boot. The facts speak for themselves 4 try's (plus 2 disallowed 1 wrongly) v 0.

Well done Ulster!

SUFTUM
"If Eddie O'Sullivan had retreated to the Führerbunker, World War 2 would still be going on." Mr. G. Hook
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Last night again reminded me what a special time it is for Ulster fans. Watching players of the calibre of St Ruan play his heart out for the red hand is a dream come true for me. Don't think any Ulster fan will forget what a special player Pienaar is. IMHO, Enjoy every minute of it lads, because only when he retires, will we realise the full extend of his contribution to Ulster.

:drunken:
Rem99
Initiate

Post by Rem99 »

Positive - 4 tries off 41 phases! :cheers:

Negative - Dragons had 108 phases! :shock:
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

Only slight negative for me was....

UR obviously made a big push to get kids attending with parents for the two minis matched at half time, in the old stand at the Aquinas end there must have been 100 or more under tens there for the match - so far so good...

On announcing the Dragons coming out the whole lot of them booed and booed and again during a couple of place kicks they were making a hell of a lot of noise... no I am all for getting kids started supporting young but it's also important to show them how to respect the opposition is it not?
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
Ulster throw in
Initiate

Post by Ulster throw in »

so did you give a few them a clip BB??
"If Eddie O'Sullivan had retreated to the Führerbunker, World War 2 would still be going on." Mr. G. Hook
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Agreed, found that a bit annoying, and they didn't shut up for our kicks either

Is great to be getting the kids to ravers tho, season ticket holders of the future!
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

Ulster throw in wrote:so did you give a few them a clip BB??
Was sorely tempted!!!
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Big-al wrote:Last night again reminded me what a special time it is for Ulster fans. Watching players of the calibre of St Ruan play his heart out for the red hand is a dream come true for me. Don't think any Ulster fan will forget what a special player Pienaar is. IMHO, Enjoy every minute of it lads, because only when he retires, will we realise the full extend of his contribution to Ulster.

Big-al, with every fibre of my being and complete sincerity, I commend you for that post. Nail on head. The reason I confidently predicted 5 points and a minimum of 30 points on the scoreboard - both achieved by the skin of our collective teeth - was purely because Dragons were devoid of all talent with the possible exception of Brew, Tovey, Thomas at 15 & Thomas at 8 whereas we had some real talent out there none more so than Ruan.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Big-al wrote:Last night again reminded me what a special time it is for Ulster fans. Watching players of the calibre of St Ruan play his heart out for the red hand is a dream come true for me. Don't think any Ulster fan will forget what a special player Pienaar is. IMHO, Enjoy every minute of it lads, because only when he retires, will we realise the full extend of his contribution to Ulster.

Big-al, with every fibre of my being and complete sincerity, I commend you for that post. Nail on head. The reason I confidently predicted 5 points and a minimum of 30 points on the scoreboard - both achieved by the skin of our collective teeth - was purely because Dragons were devoid of all talent with the possible exception of Brew, Tovey, Thomas at 15 & Thomas at 8 whereas we had some real talent out there none more so than Ruan.
Stop it you two I'm starting to well up. It is a special time to be an Ulster fan. We rarely had it so good.
It's all got a litle emotional what with Val Doonican back on BBC on a Saturday night as well.
I mean how great a weekend do you want? :drunken:
I’m feeling Perky this morning. :pig:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

bangorboy wrote:Only slight negative for me was....

On announcing the Dragons coming out the whole lot of them booed and booed and again during a couple of place kicks they were making a hell of a lot of noise... no I am all for getting kids started supporting young but it's also important to show them how to respect the opposition is it not?
I thought they jeered for the 1st kick, but someone seemed to have educated them and although they weren't exactly silent, they didn't jeer the later kick - so job done IMHO. They'll know next time.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

bangorboy wrote:Only slight negative for me was....

UR obviously made a big push to get kids attending with parents for the two minis matched at half time, in the old stand at the Aquinas end there must have been 100 or more under tens there for the match - so far so good...

You wanted to try being sat smack bang in the middle of them...... :banghead:

I spent the first half with a hyper 6/7 year old sat in front of me screeching at everything (and getting continually told off by his brother / chaperone) as well getting the back of my seat constantly kicked by the kid sat behind me. When it wasn't being kicked I was getting food dropped in my hair. There weren't many parents there from what I could see.

Needless to say I watched the second half from the Promenade. It was a long week and I wanted to watch and enjoy the game and being surrounded by that madness was not very enjoyable it has to be said.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Spend more money instead of the cheap seats love
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Kofi Annan wrote:Spend more money instead of the cheap seats love
It might have escaped your notice Kofi but there were 4 mini teams instead of the usual 2 on Friday night so not all of them could be accommodated in the outer blocks of the old stand :roll: :roll:
petey11
Novice

Post by petey11 »

Their chaperones/parents/handlers need as big a kick in the rear as Kofi needs for that last comment Wee Woman.