Positives and negatives: The Heinekin Cup Final

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Positives and negatives: The Heinekin Cup Final

Post by Cockatrice »

From the touchline it was difficult to get a good view of the overall play for me on Saturday it was more about the atmosphere than the view. Watched back some of the game last night and had a slightly different view on some aspects of the game. Yes Jackson had a bad game but other much more experienced players in my opinion failed to deliver on the day.

Missed tackles, fumbles and kicks out on the full all led to giving Leinster points yet Jackson seems to be the one that most have highlighted. For me the most frustrating thing was how we seemingly switched off and let the points rack up. Easy to say that it was all because of the sin binning but in my opinion our heads dropped and we allowed Leinster to rack up the biggest win in HEC history.

In truth we did play well in parts but a number of Leinster fans said that missing our conversion then giving up a simple penalty shortly afterwards was the point they knew they would push on.

I was surprised that more people didnt take issue with the first try when the video appears to not have any conclusive angle confirming whether he touched down before the line or not. It may not have made any difference but we did give up some easy tries.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU