AIL Club signings for 2012/13 season

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: AIL Club signings for 2012/13 season

Post by Kofi Annan »

dublane wrote:Quinn to hinch seems done deal
Good ,lots of strength in depth at Hinch so they are my favourites to do well this year,worried about Balymena and Dungannon this year they appear to be the two clubs that have lost out the most ,particularly when clubs like hinch are throwing a lot of cash about.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Good ,lots of strength in depth at Hinch so they are my favourites to do well this year,worried about Balymena and Dungannon this year they appear to be the two clubs that have lost out the most ,particularly when clubs like hinch are throwing a lot of cash about.
Perhaps the likes of Dungannon now will have a more settled bunch of players though who just want to play for Dungannon more than try and make a name for themselves and actually gel and work together while Hinch have so many gathered up that they will finish up squabbling with each other on who starts and who misses out, only a thought but it could well happen with a bunch of mercenaries with egos :duck:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ulsterrugby4life
Novice

Post by ulsterrugby4life »

Kofi Annan wrote:
in relation to alot of cash about what do you mean?
ulsterrugby4life - always and forever

andrew cochrane
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

UR4L, what do you think i mean ?
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
ulsterrugby4life
Novice

Post by ulsterrugby4life »

Kofi Annan wrote:UR4L, what do you think i mean ?
if i knew i wouldnt ask!
ulsterrugby4life - always and forever

andrew cochrane
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

Kofi Annan wrote:

And what evidence do you have that Hinch are throwing a lot of cash about and to whom ?
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

Surprise of the day was Armagh beating Harlequins although Malone beating Ballymena may have been a shock to some. Good wins for City of Derry and Hinch whilst Queens beat Rainey by 2 points.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

RuPi wrote:Surprise of the day was Armagh beating Harlequins
Come on now RuPi that's traditional :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

RuPi wrote:Queens beat Rainey by 2 points
Jonny Shiels looked to be a great signing for Rainey was v impressive in the centre, Barker played 8 and was moderately effective.

Queen's were clinical early on with most of their points coming in a frenetic first 25 mins, and looked fitter as the game wore on.
Moiraman
Novice

Post by Moiraman »

Was at Deramore to see Dungannon ease past Belfast Harlequins 53-21 in Ulster Senior Cup. Dungannon pack controlled the scrum and backs looked pretty nifty against a generally poor 'Quins side. Dungannon scored 9 tries in all and despite being down to 13 men late on always looked in control. Quite a few first teamers from both sides were missing due to U20 and other callups but entertaining to watch nonetheless.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Whatever happened to the boneyard,
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Good shift from our lads against a poor Quins. Bloomfield looked good but Mark O'Shea was the pick of the players.
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Whats the bloke Madden like for Hinch? Plays 6 I think, heard good stuff about him.
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

dublane wrote:
RuPi wrote:Queens beat Rainey by 2 points
Jonny Shiels looked to be a great signing for Rainey was v impressive in the centre, Barker played 8 and was moderately effective.

Queen's were clinical early on with most of their points coming in a frenetic first 25 mins, and looked fitter as the game wore on.

What happened first week of the season Rainey New Boys were unable to field a seconds , I see they were minus three points after the first week, many egos , people not wanting to play for the seconds?

How's Lawton doing for Ballynahinch, I see in last weeks tele he has got him self a nice new hair do, lovely

Ards still the whipping boys,

Malone looked to be going well , until bump COD

Ballymena beat a dogged Inst on Sat with Scot Gibson catching my eye again, Ulster should look at this kid, better than Heaney in my opinion. Anyway real results will show up soon in the AIL
midulsterrugby
Novice

Post by midulsterrugby »

Have been impressed with COD so far, they seem to have strengthened their squad. I'm expecting them, B'bridge, Malone, Rainey and Hinch to be to pushing for honours in their respective AIL leagues this season. Ards look like they havent changed, someone please put them out of their misery!

From what I hear Rainey not fielding a 2s is down to a mixture of weddings, births, holidays, injuries and the odd ego from the 1xv.