santa hats for this weekend?

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: santa hats for this weekend?

Post by Jackie Brown »

Mr Frosty wrote:five of us in full santa suits :santa:
Never go full santa.... :lol:
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Mr Frosty wrote:five of us in full santa suits :santa:
Never go full santa.... :lol:
Grievous error, full Santa indicates to ordinary people that they are dealing with idiots or paedophiles, the ultimate no win situation.

Then again, lucky for you, you will be there whilst I simply sit and shout obscenities at the TV screen. You win I think.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:This weekend I shall be mainly wearing my brand new leopard skin pill box hat. I do cut quite a dash in it according to Ms Sphinx at my favourite haberdashery, who was looking pretty imposing herself in a dusty pink Homburg & her nicely teased, waxed moustache.
Just remember that Highway 61 will not get you to Franklin's Gardens Baggy!
So true, sadly I won't be there, pension frozen over the last few years biting hard, sadly to make up the shortfall I've had to rescind my earlier decision not to work on Maggie's Farm, I may get time of to gleek at the match between tinning turnips & cutting curly kale.

Just be careful you don't get stuck outside on your mobile with the Cardiff Blues again. >fiddle
Will do my best BR but sometimes when I travel I've no idea where I'll end up, I'm like a rolling stone. Actually, I was young when I left home, just blowin' in the wind. I though, this land is your land & sometimes a hard rain is gonna fall, but don't think twice its alright, was my attitude. Anyway for a while I ended up on Desolation Row and sometimes it got so bad I thought, It takes a lot to laugh , it takes a train to cry but I didn't want to be childish and think I was suffering Tom Thumb's blues.

But I was a man of constant sorrow, sometimes I thought I heard chimes of freedom but then, when I got troubles I hoped I'd survive to see when my ship comes in. I thought, gonna change my way of thinking and that often means, you gotta serve somebody. Took a slow train, to Black Diamond Bay where I stayed street legal. I had no time to think, took stage fright and ended up on Cripple Creek.

There I smoked a shitload of dope and had visions of Johanna, and reckoned soon I'd be knockin' on heavens door but then I met rainy day women #12 & 35 and again thought don't think twice its alright. Their families weren't impressed when I started the old lay lady lay and soon I had to hit that endless highway and people were looking for me all along the watchtower. I tried to move quickly but man, you don't know the shape I'm in - the weight.

There I was again, Highway 61 revisited, going so fast I thought this wheels on fire, lo & behold, I'm goin' to Acapulco, with Bessie Smith, a sad eyed lady of the lowlands, for a million dollar bash. I had too much of nothing, called the long distance operator but all as happened was nothing was delivered.

As I went out one morning, I met John Wesley Harding down along the cove. He was looking for shelter from the storm so we had one more cup of coffee then its going going gone.

And with a simple twist of fate, suddenly the times they were a changin'. Now all I really want to do, is stay forever young.

Anybody tell me how many different Dylan references are in that pile of garbage I'll be impressed. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Talking of which - have any weathermen indicated the wind direction (and associated conditions) for Friday night?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

BR wrote:Talking of which - have any weathermen indicated the wind direction (and associated conditions) for Friday night?
Met office:

Overcast
3C - with wind chill -1C
Wind Northerly 13 MPH gusting 27 MPH

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... 1354665600

PS - Before anyone asks, pitch looks like it's orientated 30 degrees west of north (end to end) - if forecast is correct the wind should be from corner to opposite corner! :red: Will make for some interesting kicking.
Finished
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

You see! You really don't need them!

Ta Rovi
www.stoutboys.co.uk
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
cardoc
Novice

Post by cardoc »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Headwear for the match

Do we turn FG into Santa's grotto this weekend?

yes or no?
Will there be a full compliment of santa hats this Saturday > :santa:
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

No no Doc...this week it'll be mostly the headwear of the Nazi brown shirts...and don't forget your inflatable baseball bat! :lol:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

+ Have finally taken the plunge and ordered 10 more Santa Caps (we are down to our last two) from some Internet Company.
- Unsure if they'll arrive for the Leinster game.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Did I just see HWM at the cricket in Kochi?
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1358349508936.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1358349508936.jpg (96.95 KiB) Viewed 1079 times
www.stoutboys.co.uk