Lord Chancellor

Re: USA v Ireland

Post by damianmcr »

Henshaw is a liability here.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

FFS the worst penalty ever given for not rolling away, joke after a great turnover from Henderson. 9-15

12-15 and a dismal watch to date , 8 minutes to bedtime.

Strauss concees a free kick for not liking a ball to throw in. Ref is a bit sad.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

4 more minutes to suffer.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I've wasted 2 hours of my life
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Good tackle on Ngwena by Felix Jones, Madigan misses pen. 12-15 30 seconds to go.

Good sleeping time wasted, 12-15 & good night.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Let's just say this would not have been a good audition for Kiss as head coach, dreadful match. Could have done with Trimble, Henshaw was disappointing, Olding blended in well at international level(technically) though didn't quite have the outstanding debut we had hoped for, thought O'Mahony was pretty decent at parts, Wee Paul looked sharp where Boss didn't.
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

Just watched this on Sky+ and it missed the last 8 minutes but looking at other comments maybe that wasn't a bad thing...

Henshaw abysmal - Chad cleared a lot of crappy ball and made a complete pain in the Brennan of himself... :-)

Zebo a lucky lucky boy to be called up to Lions...
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

damianmcr wrote:Dont these lots know silence during the kicks.

Bunch of Warren Gatlands.

Damian , don't worry son, be safe in the knowledge that somewhere in Houston , there will be key board warriors slamming the blow ins that went to the game for the booing and the noise during the kicks :roll:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Reallt what did it matter to Kiss? I know he is a professional, but it was a meaningless game with nothing to play for other than letting some young lads get a go, and besides he knows that he is getting replaced in a few months. Of course he will have wanted to have won but a good performance may not have been seen as 'necessity' to him
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

breakdown wrote:Reallt what did it matter to Kiss? I know he is a professional, but it was a meaningless game with nothing to play for other than letting some young lads get a go, and besides he knows that he is getting replaced in a few months. Of course he will have wanted to have won but a good performance may not have been seen as 'necessity' to him
Nothing to play for, interesting , so what exactly was the point in travelling half way around the world, all games don't have to be about actually winning some pots and pans .

Breakdown , huh, broken down more like it.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

Thought the ref looked after the set scrums well. Clever will be lucky not to get cited. Olding did well. Chad did well. Madigan didn't bos the game as he should have done. Strauss darts not great. All in all one to forget.
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Caveman sadly doesn't look like an international 13. Very disappointing, altho the distribution from Boss, and hence Madigan was partly to blame. However, Olding was everywhere and is star quality in the making. Hendo was decent, and thought Small p's cameo a decent contrast to Boss labouring- and his break was as predictable as it was a little thing of rare beauty in a dull bish, bash bosh game. Heaney, however, looks a better bet long-term, after watching him against Georgia. Sadly Big Lew, wasn't at the races against a mediocre pack.

Shock horror, I actually was impressed by POM at 8. Fair play. That looks like his future spot. Leave 6 to SOB, FEZ, Hendo...
Exterminate all rational thought
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:FFS the worst penalty ever given for not rolling away, joke after a great turnover from Henderson. 9-15

12-15 and a dismal watch to date , 8 minutes to bedtime.

Strauss concees a free kick for not liking a ball to throw in. Ref is a bit sad.
Still prefer to watch that to the Lions Bagster?
Sorry mate couldnt resist.
I thought initally we had lost judging by the comments as I didnt see it nor do I intend to having read this thread as it sounded more fun on ceefax.
Think I will stick to watching the big guns of the game battle it out.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Thee Irish backs never got into the game because Ireland never had control of the ball at the base of the ruck.

The lack of control was due to what some might like to think of as counter rucking which actually was on most occasions either coming in from the side or off side or a combination of both.

The fact that the USA Captain cleverly exploited his right for clarification of a decision in front of a crowd of USA supporters whose knowledge of the laws could be minimal put the referee under a great deal of pressure as to whether to penalise the USA or just allow both sides to be totally physical at the breakdown -- he appeared to take the second option since to do other wise would have ended up with a game of penalties .

Why Ireland failed in the line out is a bit of a mystery where the presence of Toner should have given Ireland a strong advantage

The game was basically a hard physical encounter due in part to a referee whose performance was influence by the location and nature of the opposition. I am not saying he was a "homer" just that he did a reasonable job in difficult circumstances to provide a game.

For me the man of the match was Olding who put in a couple of try saving tackles and faced up manfully to a heavy powerful USA back line.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

rumncoke wrote:Thee Irish backs never got into the game because Ireland never had control of the ball at the base of the ruck.

The lack of control was due to what some might like to think of as counter rucking which actually was on most occasions either coming in from the side or off side or a combination of both.

The fact that the USA Captain cleverly exploited his right for clarification of a decision in front of a crowd of USA supporters whose knowledge of the laws could be minimal put the referee under a great deal of pressure as to whether to penalise the USA or just allow both sides to be totally physical at the breakdown -- he appeared to take the second option since to do other wise would have ended up with a game of penalties .

Why Ireland failed in the line out is a bit of a mystery where the presence of Toner should have given Ireland a strong advantage

The game was basically a hard physical encounter due in part to a referee whose performance was influence by the location and nature of the opposition. I am not saying he was a "homer" just that he did a reasonable job in difficult circumstances to provide a game.

For me the man of the match was Olding who put in a couple of try saving tackles and faced up manfully to a heavy powerful USA back line.
I am an Ulster supporter , therefore I know more about the laws of the game than them colonial upstarts, fûck me sideways, arrogance or what. :roll: