Ulster vs Leinster friendly?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster vs Leinster friendly?

Post by mikerob »

Now announced by UR
Ulster Rugby will host inter-provincial rivals Leinster on 23rd August (kick-off 19.30) in a pre-season match that will see two new stands at the ground open to spectators for the first time.
The construction of stands at the Aquinas and Memorial ends marks the completion of the first phase of a £14.7 million redevelopment of the ground, funded by DCAL, and will see Ravenhill’s capacity increase to 13,500 for the coming year.

The project has also had considerable benefits to the wider community. In the past eight months, four people who had been long-term unemployed have been engaged on the construction. In addition, 12 apprentices and two student placements have gained valuable work experience by being part of the team building the new Ravenhill.

The new stands offer never-before-imagined views of the pitch and are set to transform the match-night experience of Ulster fans in the ground.

As part of the redevelopment, a new Ulster Rugby Kukri store has been built in the Memorial End Stand as well as two modern bars. The stand at the Aquinas end of the ground has been designated the Family Stand and features a new concession shop as well as the home and away changing rooms for the coming season.

In another positive aspect of the redevelopment, the East Terrace has been completely reconfigured and is now five metres closer to the pitch, meaning supporters at Ravenhill will now be closer to the action than ever before.

Fans with disabilities will also now be able to watch the game from the East Terrace with a new purpose-built platform right on the half-way line. There is also seating and full accessibility for people with disabilities in each of the two new stands.

The building work at Ravenhill will continue over the course of the season with a new grandstand opening for the 2014-15 campaign with a final capacity of just over 18,000.

Ulster lost narrowly to Leinster in the final of the RaboDirect PRO12 final in May and the visit of the fellow Irish Province to Ravenhill will be the perfect way to warm up for the start of the new season in September.

Tickets go on sale for Ulster v Leinster online via ulsterrugby.com/ticketmaster from 9am on Thursday 18th July.

Tickets are available at the Ulster Rugby ticket office from 9am on Monday
29th July.

Season tickets are valid for the match and are still available to purchase via ulsterrugby.com/ticketmaster.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Any idea what the backline will be like?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Front or back loading?????
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cornerfleg wrote:Front or back loading?????
That depends on who plays 9
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Jared Payne .... ?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

The new east stand is the best east stand we have ... maybe the best east stand in Ireland now ... but I fully expect a Gazebo from Decathlon to be playing our east stand by half way through next season ...
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cornerfleg wrote:The new east stand is the best east stand we have ... maybe the best east stand in Ireland now ... but I fully expect a Gazebo from Decathlon to be playing our east stand by half way through next season ...
I beg to differ. The East stand is only made to look good by the distribution of noise from the West Terrace. Drop the West Terrace and you will see the east stand struggle
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Yeah it's not athletic enough ...
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Balls. I'm on holiday. :duh:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BR wrote:Remind me grumps - 3d had the parliamentary port cullis like the 1/2 newp ?
yes and no - it had a portcullis (Tudor portcullis, I believe - not sure if that's the same as a parliamentary portcullis or not), but the 1/2 newp didn't - it had a royal crown (possibly a representation of the State Crown?)

The old ha'penny had a sailing ship on the reverse (supposedly Drake's golden Hind)
:salut:

Indeed - the 1/2p didn't have room for much other than the 1/2 and a crown.

It was the original 1 newp that had the portcullis (it is the symbol of the houses of parliament IIRC).

I also have 3d with what look like dandylion clocks on them. Don't think they were irish ones, maybe just older.

I'm away to google 'thrupenny bits'! Grumps, can I call you as a witness for the defence?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BR wrote:Remind me grumps - 3d had the parliamentary port cullis like the 1/2 newp ?
yes and no - it had a portcullis (Tudor portcullis, I believe - not sure if that's the same as a parliamentary portcullis or not), but the 1/2 newp didn't - it had a royal crown (possibly a representation of the State Crown?)

The old ha'penny had a sailing ship on the reverse (supposedly Drake's golden Hind)
:salut:

Indeed - the 1/2p didn't have room for much other than the 1/2 and a crown.

It was the original 1 newp that had the portcullis (it is the symbol of the houses of parliament IIRC).

I also have 3d with what look like dandylion clocks on them. Don't think they were irish ones, maybe just older.

I'm away to google 'thrupenny bits'! Grumps, can I call you as a witness for the defence?
That's Sir 1/2p to you BR!
rosetintedgoggles
Novice

Post by rosetintedgoggles »

Totally underwhelmed by this pre season friendly.

We play Mexico at least twice a season. No need for a third.

Pathetic call by UR. No longer surprising unfortunately!

Feel cheated that this match is included in my season ticket.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Moan moan moan moan moan
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

mikerob wrote:Now announced by UR
Ulster Rugby will host inter-provincial rivals Leinster on 23rd August (kick-off 19.30) in a pre-season match that will see two new stands at the ground open to spectators for the first time.
The construction of stands at the Aquinas and Memorial ends marks the completion of the first phase of a £14.7 million redevelopment of the ground, funded by DCAL, and will see Ravenhill’s capacity increase to 13,500 for the coming year.

The project has also had considerable benefits to the wider community. In the past eight months, four people who had been long-term unemployed have been engaged on the construction. In addition, 12 apprentices and two student placements have gained valuable work experience by being part of the team building the new Ravenhill.

The new stands offer never-before-imagined views of the pitch and are set to transform the match-night experience of Ulster fans in the ground.

As part of the redevelopment, a new Ulster Rugby Kukri store has been built in the Memorial End Stand as well as two modern bars. The stand at the Aquinas end of the ground has been designated the Family Stand and features a new concession shop as well as the home and away changing rooms for the coming season.

In another positive aspect of the redevelopment, the East Terrace has been completely reconfigured and is now five metres closer to the pitch, meaning supporters at Ravenhill will now be closer to the action than ever before.

Fans with disabilities will also now be able to watch the game from the East Terrace with a new purpose-built platform right on the half-way line. There is also seating and full accessibility for people with disabilities in each of the two new stands.

The building work at Ravenhill will continue over the course of the season with a new grandstand opening for the 2014-15 campaign with a final capacity of just over 18,000.

Ulster lost narrowly to Leinster in the final of the RaboDirect PRO12 final in May and the visit of the fellow Irish Province to Ravenhill will be the perfect way to warm up for the start of the new season in September.

Tickets go on sale for Ulster v Leinster online via ulsterrugby.com/ticketmaster from 9am on Thursday 18th July.

Tickets are available at the Ulster Rugby ticket office from 9am on Monday
29th July.

Season tickets are valid for the match and are still available to purchase via ulsterrugby.com/ticketmaster.
Whoo whoooo so excited, I wonder did one of the work placements write that :roll:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

rosetintedgoggles wrote:Totally underwhelmed by this pre season friendly.

We play Mexico at least twice a season. No need for a third.

Pathetic call by UR. No longer surprising unfortunately!

Feel cheated that this match is included in my season ticket.

Ranked number 1 in Europe...Ulsters oldest provincial rivals...besides isn't it customary to have old friends round for a house warming?

You're hard to please Rosie!
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.