Offski??????????????

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Re: Offski??????????????

Post by jackthelad »

connachtexile wrote:Thanks. Is he any good? How would people rate him?
He is a talented 9 but never got a look in. He is / was also a top notch goal kicker. Given that Mrs Parks is done, he'd be a decent thought but of course he won't get a look in ahead of Marmion unless Marmion gets called up to Ireland which is a likely event. He's a pretty good player in the Reddan mould.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
connachtexile
Novice

Post by connachtexile »

Appreciate the feedback guys.
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

I see that it has been confirmed on twitter that Chris Farrell is going to Grenoble and Adam Macklin to Rotherham.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Rotherham Titans are delighted to announce the signing of tighthead prop Adam Macklin from Ulster Rugby and news that Colin Quigley will move on at the end of the season.

Ulsterman Macklin, will arrive at Clifton Lane with a top-class pedigree, having played 28 times for his province, including appearances in Europe's premier competition, the Heineken Cup!

Belfast born, the 24 years-old has represented Ireland at U19 and U20 levels and at 6' 1” and 18 stones, Macklin is sure to add physicality alongside a huge amount of experience to the Titans front row next season.

Commenting on Macklin's impending arrival and Colin Quigley's departure, Lee Blackett explained, "We are delighted that Adam Macklin has decided to join us for next season. We are obviously bitterly disappointed to be losing Colin Quigley for next year; he's been outstanding for us all year and a great ambassador for the club on and off the field. Colin has assured me that he'll give his all until the end of the season and we know Colin will do just that. We did our best to try and keep him, but we understand Colin's situation."

"So we had to move pretty quickly to replace a guy who's predominantly started most of the games for us this season. Therefore we've gone out and signed Adam Macklin from Ulster. Adam has got plenty of experience having played in the later stages of the Heineken Cup. He's a player, who for a young lad has played a lot of top-flight rugby in his career."

"He potentially got a little bit frustrated at being behind two international tighthead props, as you do sometimes, but having said that he's a fantastic player and we are delighted that we've signed him. We're going to have great competition for the tighthead jersey with Adam, Mark Tampin and Lewis Thiede, as we are for the loosehead jersey with Toby Williams, Marshall Gadd and an agreed signing who've we yet to announce. We are really looking forward to the arrival of Adam and I'm sure he'll add something significant to our front row.”

Macklin, who enjoyed six prosperous years in his home province, is looking forward to the challenges of playing Championship rugby at Clifton Lane, as he explained, "I would like to thank the management, coaching staff, medical and S&C department and also my playing colleagues for their help and support during my six years at Ulster Rugby. It was a boyhood dream of mine to play for my native Province and it would be wonderful to play again at Ravenhill at some stage in the future."

"I am greatly looking forward to joining Rotherham, and hope to contribute to the club's success in the 2014/15 season. I am thankful to Lee Blackett who is giving me the opportunity to play first team rugby at such an ambitious club that are clearly on the rise.”
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Hopefully Macklin will be back at 26-27 grizzled and ready to deliver his potential. Assuem UR has got some decent TH IQ lined up.... John Who? Andr........ :shock: :lol:
Exterminate all rational thought
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Good lad Adam, puts in the "if you want me back, just ask" piece for the future. Let's hope the guy gets plenty of rugby, stays fit and is good enough to be brought back in a few years.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Good lad Adam, puts in the "if you want me back, just ask" piece for the future. Let's hope the guy gets plenty of rugby, stays fit and is good enough to be brought back in a few years.
+1. Injury ballixed him, but I always thought he could do it to Rabo/ HEC at least.
Exterminate all rational thought
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

That means we need a minimum of 3 props next year
UpAtSix
Initiate

Post by UpAtSix »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Good lad Adam, puts in the "if you want me back, just ask" piece for the future. Let's hope the guy gets plenty of rugby, stays fit and is good enough to be brought back in a few years.
+1. Injury ballixed him, but I always thought he could do it to Rabo/ HEC at least.
He's a good egg and a good player. He's even got a Heineken Cup try! Let's hope he gets a bit more luck injury-wise.
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

UpAtSix wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
He's a good egg and a good player. He's even got a Heineken Cup try! Let's hope he gets a bit more luck injury-wise.
Hope that the regular gametime and confidence that playing gives takes him up a level. I admire him for having the guts to take his chance. Could see him coming back in a few years.

Is McKinney going back to Rotherham as well ?
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Believe it or not it's heading three years this Autumn when he injured
his leg playing for the Ravens in Nenagh. Deserves a change in fortune.
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Mac wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Believe it or not it's heading three years this Autumn when he injured
his leg playing for the Ravens in Nenagh. Deserves a change in fortune.

Hard to believe Mac, must have had a couple of comeback injuries too though?

Wish him the best, having had his training and conditioning at Ulster, the Championship is the best place for him to go and learn his primary trade as a prop. UR should keep close to him and make sure we're back in there if he's performing well enough for any of the AP clubs to start sniffing.
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Farrell confirmed now also......

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16207&start=570#p440672
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
rotherhamtillidie
Novice

Post by rotherhamtillidie »

Yes mckinney has also signed for rotherham
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

rotherhamtillidie wrote:Yes mckinney has also signed for rotherham
Hard lines.

Reckon you've got a good one in Macklin though.