Stat Attack: 13/14 Pro12 Attendances

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Stat Attack: 13/14 Pro12 Attendances

Post by BR »

I had assumed the Munster reference was about funding it with some borrowing.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote: IF there really was an argument for increased capacity of that nature, it may work out more economically viable to remodel the corporate stand into a traditional grandstand, and use the space in the corners for the corporate offer.
Love your thinking BR. That said I don't see it happening any time soon, either the corner filling or a Corpo Stand refit.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:No no no

By doing a Munter, we are restricting access to just out length of the field stands and terraces and blocking access to our end terraces and stands

Sent from my Crozier
We would be back down to just under 11k I think as there are roughly 4500 seats and 2700 standing I think from memory
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

BR wrote:I can't see the corners giving as much as that. But that is just a layman's POV. One thing I have heard from more knowledgeable sources is that filling in corners very much a last resort. Seating in corners costs something like twice as much to construct and the simple fact is nobody wants to sit there, so it stays empty for all but the sell-out games and even then attracts less income than the other cheaper seating.

IF there really was an argument for increased capacity of that nature, it may work out more economically viable to remodel the corporate stand into a traditional grandstand, and use the space in the corners for the corporate offer.
Strange your Knowledgeable source is at the opposite opinion of the CEO
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
LeinsterLad
Novice

Post by LeinsterLad »

I think you're all jumping the gun a little bit on increasing capacity. :)

Ulster are building nicely, but you'd want to be hitting 17,000 average attendance or so before filling in corners could be considered economically viable. I would say the corners could add an extra 4,000 at most, but likely less.

Wait and see what happens with the IRFU bid for the world cup, if that gets agreed, it's likely a grant / Government money could cover the cost of filling in the corners, for now I think Ulster have a fantastic stadium and a massively growing crowd, so wouldn't get too carried away just yet and enjoy what you have!

As for average attendance, I'd say from next season (a whole season in the new stadium) Ulster will pull away from Munster as second biggest province for crowds in Ireland / Pro12. Leinster are sitting pretty at second biggest average league attendance in Europe. Welsh numbers extremely disappointing as with most things the Welsh bring to the league. Glasgow thriving in Scoutston, best move they've ever made, hopefully they'll continue that growth.
davejohnston
Initiate

Post by davejohnston »

Maybe if we beat Leinster this weekend, we will be playing them in the Avia next session ;-)

I agree though, no need to fill in the stands just yet, although it would be good if there was a possibility of adding temporary seating in the corners for the big sell out matches
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

LeinsterLad wrote:I think you're all jumping the gun a little bit on increasing capacity. :)
I don't think we are. Maybe one or two are.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Strange your Knowledgeable source is at the opposite opinion of the CEO
Nothing strange about it. Opinions differ, maybe Logan knows a way of building them cheaply and making them attractive to spectators, but last I heard from him on the subject, the idea was still very much hypothetical. Are you saying that he has progressed plans in that direction?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

There would be an issue with planning for additional capacity I'd imagine. Or has this been granted?

Seems a little congested although well patrolled in and around the ground on match day as it is for capacity games which are actually capacity.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

I have not heard Logie talking about filling the corners in (which would bring it up to 26,000) at any time in the near future.
I would suggest it's more likely that we may take really big matches, say, Heiny semifinals, to a bigger stadium in Belfast (if it's ever built, of course.
Bo***cks to Brexit
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The corners would depend on the success of a WRC bid I would suggest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

rocky wrote:I have not heard Logie talking about filling the corners in (which would bring it up to 26,000) at any time in the near future.
I would suggest it's more likely that we may take really big matches, say, Heiny semifinals, to a bigger stadium in Belfast (if it's ever built, of course.
Rocky It was in his same delivery were he said it would be ready for a euro quarter final :roll: But then he sometimes does go of page with his imagination.

On that, I note he is a key speaker at the Odyssey arena at the Smart Business Forum, I believe he studied law at Manchester Uni, I assume that's when he was doing his STC.. Will be good to listen to how to be successful in the private sector , bit like the Yates Group.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Kofi Annan wrote:
rocky wrote:I have not heard Logie talking about filling the corners in (which would bring it up to 26,000) at any time in the near future.
Rocky It was in his same delivery were he said it would be ready for a euro quarter final :roll: But then he sometimes does go of page with his imagination.

On that, I note he is a key speaker at the Odyssey arena at the Smart Business Forum, I believe he studied law at Manchester Uni, I assume that's when he was doing his STC.. Will be good to listen to how to be successful in the private sector , bit like the Yates Group.
Now Kofi don’t you go getting yourself all riled up about Logie again. It’ll play havoc with your IBS and you’ll end up with an ulcer...... >EW