Payne

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Payne

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
rumncoke wrote:I didn't mean that BoD didn't tackle but it was done efficiently the thing about BoD was his ability to get into ball winning mode after a tackle to either get possession - win a penalty or slow recycle .

Basically the Irish defence worked by directing the opposition across field and defending the gain line in numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And we now have the man responsible for this at the helm

So Cave will become a tackling and jackle king, whilst Payne will further improve on his last line of defence

We all like a good Les Kiss
Cave pretty well on the way to the tackle and jackle king title, stats last year were good :thumleft:
Best 13 in Ireland

We all like a good Les Kiss
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

So UR has cleverly asked the public to vote for Ludik or Payne

2 items on ebay, almost identical, but one is signed by the hero name Ludik, and one by the Jessie Jihad.

Currently Jihad has around £60 bid on it, whilst Ludik has £36

Do we have any wealthy benefactors, or could we club together to buy the Ludik one for more than Jihad
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:So UR has cleverly asked the public to vote for Ludik or Payne

2 items on ebay, almost identical, but one is signed by the hero name Ludik, and one by the Jessie Jihad.

Do we have any wealthy benefactors, or could we club together to buy the Ludik one for more than Jihad
It's splendid that folk waste their hard earned on such frippery, not quite sure what I would do with either.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:So UR has cleverly asked the public to vote for Ludik or Payne

It's splendid that folk waste their hard earned on such frippery, not quite sure what I would do with either.
It's a charity auction
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Bernard Jackman speaks at some length about an ex-Ulster centre, Chris Farrell, in the RTÉ podcast:

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2014/0930 ... mond-park/

Starts about 23 mins in.
MattMo
Initiate

Post by MattMo »

Amiga500 wrote:Bernard Jackman speaks at some length about an ex-Ulster centre, Chris Farrell, in the RTÉ podcast:

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2014/0930 ... mond-park/

Starts about 23 mins in.
I've been monitoring the starting lineup, and he's more regular than most french team players. He must be well liked over there
Payne to play 13 for Leinster or 15 for Ulster
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

What did he say about him?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
MattMo
Initiate

Post by MattMo »

Dave wrote:What did he say about him?
They were talking about how he could be a possibility for the Ireland World Cup Squad.
I have no doubt that if he is playing well, Schmidt knows about it, and he scored quite a nice try at the weekend after leaving Jamie Roberts rubbing his head wondering what happened.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

So he'll be at Munter then
MattMo
Initiate

Post by MattMo »

Russ wrote:So he'll be at Munter then
I was under tthe impression that he took a short contract with Grenoble to prove to Ulster that he was ready to play, and could both keep the ball within his hands, and his body from mass breakages for more than 2 matches.

Probably good thing for him to go when he did, as Payne is just making such a great backup 13, and Ulster really don't need Farrell. :stir:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

MattMo wrote:
I was under tthe impression that he took a short contract with Grenoble to prove to Ulster that he was ready to play, and could both keep the ball within his hands, and his body from mass breakages for more than 2 matches.

Probably good thing for him to go when he did, as Payne is just making such a great backup 13, and Ulster really don't need Farrell. :stir:
But Munter do. They keep breaking centres
MattMo
Initiate

Post by MattMo »

Russ wrote:
MattMo wrote:

But Munter do. They keep breaking centres
Lol anyone see Rugby club last week were they pointed out Munters go to man was Casey Laulala?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

MattMo wrote:
Dave wrote:What did he say about him?
They were talking about how he could be a possibility for the Ireland World Cup Squad.
I have no doubt that if he is playing well, Schmidt knows about it, and he scored quite a nice try at the weekend after leaving Jamie Roberts rubbing his head wondering what happened.
Good stuff. Pleased for him. It's the one position we have decent options in. I can't see him returning here based on that. The other provinces will I'm sure be keeping an eye on his progress.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

It's a shame about Farrell, firstly that he got injured when he did, then when he came back he looked a bit of a deer in the headlights and there was McCloskey performing for us from day one at the same time, hopefully we'll see him back this way sometime in the future!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

If he proves good it could well be Leinster would sign him .While their schools have produced some good looking players they seem to fail to develop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist