Ulster Underage Interpros 2014

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster Underage Interpros 2014

Post by rumncoke »

The school attended would and could have more influence if that school has somebody on the schools committee . That and the ability to attend training and be available for travel etc

Then another factor could be post school intentions in the past this would not have a factor but in those days there was no Academy or professional game . Some gifted players may be ruled out because they want to go English or Scottish universities and not go professional .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

rumncoke wrote:The school attended would and could have more influence if that school has somebody on the schools committee . That and the ability to attend training and be available for travel etc

Then another factor could be post school intentions in the past this would not have a factor but in those days there was no Academy or professional game . Some gifted players may be ruled out because they want to go English or Scottish universities and not go professional .

rum, sorry your point is :scratch:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Out of interest does the Ulster Schools selection now include any of the club players of school age that McGlocks has in training ? and if not why not as most are still at school
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Who your parents are is of little influence school and the school representative on the committee would be more important .

Who you know not who you are

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Rooster wrote:Out of interest does the Ulster Schools selection now include any of the club players of school age that McGlocks has in training ? and if not why not as most are still at school
Difference being Rooster whether they play their rugby for a school or a club team on a Saturday morning. You cannot play for both.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

Rooster wrote:Out of interest does the Ulster Schools selection now include any of the club players of school age that McGlocks has in training ? and if not why not as most are still at school
there is an u18 schools and u18 clubs team..
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Difference being Rooster whether they play their rugby for a school or a club team on a Saturday morning. You cannot play for both.
I know that, was just I wondered why they don't combine them
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

if the squads were to be combined, the result would be the ulster schools squad with 3 or 4 of the club side. The gulf in quality is significant. connacht is the only province to combine their schools and clubs side at u18, which they have done despite opposition from the other provinces.
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

Rooster wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
I know that, was just I wondered why they don't combine them
because players who play schools are ahead of clubs players and very few clubs players would make a combined team..
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

dublane wrote:if the squads were to be combined, the result would be the ulster schools squad with 3 or 4 of the club side. The gulf in quality is significant. connacht is the only province to combine their schools and clubs side at u18, which they have done despite opposition from the other provinces.
SO, was the Schools 53-0 win good?
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Bayern wrote:The Ulster U20s team to play Connacht in their opening inter-provincial fixture at Kingspan Stadium on Friday evening has been named (kick off 7.00pm).

Ulster U20s team and replacements to play Connacht, 2014 Inter-provincial Series, Kingspan Stadium, Friday 5th September, 7.00pm:
1. Michael Lagan (captain, Ballymena)
2. Zac McCall (Queen’s University)
3. Dane Fitzpatrick (Ballynahinch)
4. Tom Donnan (TBC)
5. Nigel Simpson (Queen’s University)
6. Callum Irvine (TBC)
7. Caleb Montgomery (TBC)
8. Lorcan Dow (Queen’s University)
9. Conor Young (Instonians)
10. Sean O’Hagan (Queen’s University)
11. Jacob Stockdale (TBC)
12. Conor McKee (Queen’s University)
13. Sam Arnold (Ballynahinch)
14. Adam Liddell (Malone)
15. Jack Owens (Queen’s University)

Replacements:
16. Andrew McGrath (TBC)
17. Darryl Morton (Armagh)
18. Angelo Marica (Belfast Harlequins)
19. Josh Davidson (TBC)
20. Ross Todd (TBC)
21. Josh Fullerton (Belfast Harlequins)
22. Jack Milligan (Dungannon)
23. Michael Cartmill (Malone)

Most noticeable absentee is Alex Thompson, Lock.

The starting XV features seven Hughes Insurance Academy players, three of whom featured for the senior Ulster side in last month’s pre-season friendly against Exeter Chiefs - Sean O’Hagan, Jacob Stockdale and Jack Owens.

Lorcan Dow is one of the others and probably Lagan, Young and Arnold.
TBC looks a promising club
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Conor McKee, Lorcan Dow and Jack Owens impressed. McKee at 100kg and great feet looks a prospect as does Dow as he's got the size and pace and carried well at 8. Don't know what's happening with former MCB lad James Gallagher as he was outstanding for Ballymena against the HINCH two weeks ago? Thought our scrum struggled all game and I would imagine the Leinster and Munster packs will be no easier?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:
rumncoke wrote:The school attended would and could have more influence if that school has somebody on the schools committee . That and the ability to attend training and be available for travel etc

rum, sorry your point is :scratch:
Pointless?????????????? Just guessing. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote: TBC looks a promising club
Yeah, I see they have young Caleb Montgomery, a nipper that a very fine judge of under-age rugby tells me is "one to watch".

>EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

Caleb Montgomery came back from playing club rugby in NZ in august.. think he was over there for 6 months