Round 6 - Ra Weegies

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Round 6 - Ra Weegies

Post by Snipe Watson »

This place has turned into a madhouse......... McCloskey picked over Olding and Marshall. :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: Madder than Mad Jack McMad...... Hans Indaruck and wrong way round Ivor have not previously shown such advanced signs of lunacy.

Olding is the future of Irish centre play for the next decade. He plays unless broken........

What's going on...........I do worry some times.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:This place has turned into a madhouse......... McCloskey picked over Olding and Marshall. :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: Madder than Mad Jack McMad...... Hans Indaruck and wrong way round Ivor have not previously shown such advanced signs of lunacy.

Olding is the future of Irish centre play for the next decade. He plays unless broken........

If here is bad im just imagining bakebook!
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Snipe Watson wrote:This place has turned into a madhouse......... McCloskey picked over Olding and Marshall. :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: Madder than Mad Jack McMad...... Hans Indaruck and wrong way round Ivor have not previously shown such advanced signs of lunacy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Must be something in the air Snipe - off to see the shrink >crazy1
Finished
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Russ wrote:

If here is bad im just imagining bakebook!
Infiltrated by Bakebook fifth columnists. I tell ye.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well now, there's a thing. According to the Ulster website everyone's new hero of the hour, Alan O'Connor is hoping not only for a pick fernenst Ra Weegies but must be eligible to face the Tigers & Toulon.

Some doubt about the authenticity of the piece remains however, for they are also saying The Sun God, big Ronnie Raaymaker is due to land next week & is a contender :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I know they apparently breed them tough in NZ but this appears to be taking things to extremes. Perhaps The Sun God is so good he can play with one arm strapped across his 90 inch chest of mightiness. Yah, sure what's a dislocated shoulder to The Sun God.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

So Ulster say Ronnie will be fit and Indo say Ronnie getting the knife so on past performance I would go with Ulster version ahead of Indo but this time perhaps the Indo is correct !
As for Ruan being fit I still think that is a spoof but will be ecstatic if it is correct.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Everybody is writing Edinburgh down without looking at the overall performance .

Edinburgh offered nothing in shape of an attacking back line but their defence was sound
95%of the game .

Ulster scored 4 trys the first was a runaway based on support of a half break . Two trys were scored by forwards after the appearance of the man magnet FNW and the forth try was a last minute narrow side pass after a set piece .

To be honest that is not evidence enough to say that forwards had an easy game against a soft pack and that O Connor was playing against poor players and therefore his performance should be discounted .

That bigger and better packs than Edinburgh exist is a fact maybe a start against Glasgow would help to reveal his true potential . As stated before I would prefer to see an Experienced player on the bench to strengthen a side than a player whose inexperience could be exploited late in a game .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Not that I want to disagree with your thoughts ...

But sometimes we fail to equate 'Experience' with what it actually is ... numerous attempts at raising the bar, or being picked out of necessity ...

For example - a player with 40 caps for his current club and an untold number for his previous 2, might be deemed as experienced ... and some loon may even say this merits a place on the bench over some wet behind the ears newbie ... until you hear that the experience belongs to McComish ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

Any takers for Ludik and Trimble on the wings and Payne at FB. TB to come on for last 30 mins?
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cornerfleg wrote:Not that I want to disagree with your thoughts ...

But sometimes we fail to equate 'Experience' with what it actually is ... numerous attempts at raising the bar, or being picked out of necessity ...

For example - a player with 40 caps for his current club and an untold number for his previous 2, might be deemed as experienced ... and some loon may even say this merits a place on the bench over some wet behind the ears newbie ... until you hear that the experience belongs to McComish ...
& McComb & p.

I am just fine, in the current circumstances, if O'Connor were to start fernenst Ra Weegies with Rocket on the bench but I see absolutely no good reason why Olding & Cave would be deployed anywhere but 12 & 13 respectively.

I'd be equally happy to go with a pack of: Big Licence, Rory, Weihahn or Fat Deccie if Weihahn needs a wee break, Van der Man & Robbie, Restart, Chad & Fat Nick.

Frankly my bigger concerns are to do with Josef Schmidt fecking about with our backline.

Time for UR to draw a line in the sand & say, not now Jo , you do what you want with Jihad in Novembuery right nigh we're picking our best team. >threaten
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:Everybody is writing Edinburgh down without looking at the overall performance .

Edinburgh offered nothing in shape of an attacking back line but their defence was sound
95%of the game .

Ulster scored 4 trys the first was a runaway based on support of a half break . Two trys were scored by forwards after the appearance of the man magnet FNW and the forth try was a last minute narrow side pass after a set piece .

To be honest that is not evidence enough to say that forwards had an easy game against a soft pack and that O Connor was playing against poor players and therefore his performance should be discounted .

That bigger and better packs than Edinburgh exist is a fact maybe a start against Glasgow would help to reveal his true potential . As stated before I would prefer to see an Experienced player on the bench to strengthen a side than a player whose inexperience could be exploited late in a game .

You have to make the crap teams look crap. Like we didn't do against Zebre. I think we defended well and Edinburgh had no answers. That being said Glasgow will have plenty of answers.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

rumncoke wrote:Everybody is writing Edinburgh down without looking at the overall performance .

95%of the game .

I dont know about this Rum, Edinburgh were shocking but we didnt make their defence work hard enough in terms of threat or lines of running.
Its my opinion that no side should be able to withstand constant attack if the opposition are doing the right things at the right times and executing with a high intensity level.
The All Blacks broke the South African defence with simple hands last week for a try in the corner and I would say South Africas defence is better than Edinburghs.
The problem lies deeper in that we dont have carriers that can make inroads without big Nick and the backs havent gelled yet.

O`Connor did fine but there are harder tasks ahead for sure.
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

Thanks Snipe - its reassuring to know that I have at least been considered somewhat sane in the past!!
The filling of 12 & 13 is a difficult call - thankfully so - because it means we have a surfeit of good players contending for a place. I just think big McCloskey is worthy of a start and that Olding offers more off the bench. But hey ho - that's why I have not applied for the position of DOR - here's hoping Doakey has passed the sanity test!! >crazy1
Hope is not a strategy.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:Not that I want to disagree with your thoughts ...

& McComb & p.

I am just fine, in the current circumstances, if O'Connor were to start fernenst Ra Weegies with Rocket on the bench but I see absolutely no good reason why Olding & Cave would be deployed anywhere but 12 & 13 respectively.

I'd be equally happy to go with a pack of: Big Licence, Rory, Weihahn or Fat Deccie if Weihahn needs a wee break, Van der Man & Robbie, Restart, Chad & Fat Nick.

Frankly my bigger concerns are to do with Josef Schmidt fecking about with our backline.

Time for UR to draw a line in the sand & say, not now Jo , you do what you want with Jihad in Novembuery right nigh we're picking our best team. >threaten
I'm not sure Restart and Williams will both be able to play 80 mins of pretty intense rugby, as the only bench cover might be McComish or a noob. They may well be able to but with the following two games in mind I'd personally leave Robbie in backrow as we have precious little cover there also. Robbie could switch to the back row with a 2nd row but something tells Franco could with being subbed after an hour. Starting O'Connor is a gamble but possibly a calculated one. Playing Stevenson against Glasgow's fast paced off-loading styles could be tricky as he becomes like another prop, he is very slow in open field play. Plenty to think about for whoever the hell picks the teams these days?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

95%of the game .

Good man Rum'n, a post that could just as easily have been made by a blind man that will appeal to the Ulster are Brill Brigade of Buffoons.

You go ahead and make what you like out of a distinctly poor first half & a second half that had live breathed into it only after the introduction of the much maligned Fat Nick, amongst our most vital players.

I remind you that Ospreys scored 100 points against Embra, or may as well have 9 tries I believe, now if we had done that against the appalling Embra I might just have listened to your guff.

Give me a feckin' break Rum'n it was a poor performance, I have so decreed. :roll: