Ask the Opposition - RC Toulon

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ask the Opposition - RC Toulon

Post by Wee Woman »

Loki wrote:unfortunately this week didn't quite take off; the Toulon fans weren't overly enamoured with Google Translate or "biased questions", which is a little unfortunate.

la mecque 83 did get into the swing of things with a few thoughts on Ulster though:
lamecque83 wrote: The Province of Ulster is probably one of the most difficult team to gain a win over in Europe - only 1 Defeat against the Sarries on your last 18 games at Ravenhill, which for me is a "temple" of European rugby in the same way as Thomond Park.

On your current team:
even having lost a few very good players - Afoa to Gloucester, Court to London Irish, Ruan Pienaar injured and Ferris to forced retirement - you will definitely be very difficult to play against at home - or you are almost unbeatable.

Ulster players I would like to have in my team -
Rory Best
Jackson
And Tommy Bowe

On Toulon - Honestly , no, we do think we will win; winning away would be a feat. I would take a Defensive Bonus (LBP) - that would be nice.
given the way the game played out this is perhaps a little surprising - however it's nice to see how the team / stadium is thought of by a fan of probably the strongest team around. ah well.

I don't think I'll do one for Dragons as I've a bit of an impossible few weeks coming up; next one is likely to be Ospreys in a few weeks time. :red: :fleg:
Ah don't worry Loki, there's been plenty of 'entertainment' from other avenues this weekend anyway.

Ospreys will be interesting... Hopefully they'll be nicer than that horrible Cardiff lot :stir: