Swansea vs Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

thelowerthebetter
Novice

Re: Swansea vs Ulster

Post by thelowerthebetter »

Really? I think we will win the next two but Leinster will be a hard one to call to be honest. We may not be playing Champagne rugby at the moment and our last outing against the Scarlet's on Saturday was, well the less said about it the better but we can put in a performance, we have it in us to do that!
Get your first tackle in early, even if it's late! - Ray Gravell
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We go the Ospreys with most likely the same team and same tactics. I find it hard to believe on that basis that we will win. The connaught match will be tight as well. Two six day turn arounds and then Leinster. It could be a bleak mid winter.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Same tactics Play open rugby in the opposition half when the defence is disorganised kick when necessary to try and get out of your own half and keep the penalty count down .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:Same tactics Play open rugby in the opposition half when the defence is disorganised kick when necessary to try and get out of your own half and keep the penalty count down .

I'd like to see some variation in tactical play. Our penalty count was horrendous against the Scarlets.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Seven of that horrendous penalty account were scrum penalties, two of which were shown on the big screen to be plain wrong and three extremely harsh. It was also said several were called by the assistant referees. Point being if the referee starts to ping your scrum human nature means he'll soon start sub-consciously refereeing only the one team. Personally I thought this was self-evident during the first-half last week and I only watched on TV. If the same thing happens this week we're dead in the water before kick-off!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Doyle is an ego with a whistle and a total sucker . 5 penalties against one player for a technical offence when what was actually happening was the Scarlets had a player smaller than Deccie who went low and down without any assistance from Deccie . You don't drop or force your own scrum to drop on your own put in . 1/3 of penalties against Ulster were for the alleged same offence

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Bronson Ross and Ricky Lutton for this one, please.
It's the hope that kills you.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Do what the All Blacks do

Honestly, it's not a difficult game plan
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Deccie was binding on body but the bind moved up to the arm every time. It was as plain as day. He should have been subbed off before the card.
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

TWO CHANGES FOR OSPREYS MATCH

Ulster Head Coach, Neil Doak, has made two changes to the starting XV that lost narrowly to Scarlets at Parc y Scarlets last weekend for tomorrow evening’s Guinness PRO12 clash against Ospreys.

Michael Allen is named on the left wing and replaces Craig Gilroy who is rested for the match.

Andrew Warwick, who signed his first senior contract with the province this week, starts at loosehead with Callum Black selected on the bench.

Ireland centre, Stuart Olding, has recovered from injury and is named on the bench. Sean Reidy and Peter Nelson are also selected as replacements.

Ulster are fourth in the Guinness PRO12, level on points with Ospreys and a point behind leaders Munster.

The province’s next home match is against Connacht on Boxing Day. There is limited availability for the game. To purchase a ticket click here.

The game is live on Sky Sports and on BBC Radio Ulster.

Ulster XV & Replacements to play Ospreys, Guinness PRO12, Liberty Stadium, Saturday 20th December, kick off 17:15 (15-9): L Ludik; T Bowe, D Cave, L Marshall, M Allen, I Humphreys, R Pienaar; (1-8): A Warwick, R Best (Capt), D Fitzpatrick, D Tuohy, F vd Merwe, R Diack, C Ross, R Wilson; Replacements (16-23): R Herring, C Black, B Ross, A O’Connor, S Reidy, P Marshall, S Olding, P Nelson.
http://ulsterrugby.com/News/LatestNews/ ... atch-.aspx
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

Ospreys: Dan Evans; Hanno Dirksen, Ashley Beck, Josh Matavesi, Eli Walker; Dan Biggar, Rhys Webb; Marc Thomas, Scott Baldwin, Dmitri Arhip, Rynier Bernardo, Alun Wyn Jones (Capt), James King, Justin Tipuric, Tyler Ardron#

Replacements: Sam Parry, Gareth Thomas, Daniel Suter, Dan Lydiate, Sam Lewis, Martin Roberts, Sam Davies, Andrew Bishop
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Feck me sideways - what the feck does Deccie have to do to get dropped - smack Doak in the mouth? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Doak's taking the p1ss!
Finished
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

So how long before Deccie gets:

Subbed

Yellow carded

Red carded

Breaks

Never before have the words... Stay warm Bros' been so fundamental...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Referee: Neil Paterson (SRU, 65th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Nigel Owens, Chris Williams (both WRU)
Citing Commissioner: John Charles (WRU)
TMO: Tim Hayes (WRU)

Be better off if they sent Paterson to the pub and let Nigel ref the match
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
thelowerthebetter
Novice

Post by thelowerthebetter »

I bet Deccie will have a cracking game! And I'll be there cheering him on all the way!
Get your first tackle in early, even if it's late! - Ray Gravell