Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: World Cup News

Post by Russ »

He crashed into an Uber
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

It appears there are no shortage of players looking to avoid playing RWC.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... dre-marais

Got to be a massive ban, great player, now also a scumbeg.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Oh dear, some people never learn, Robnoxious reckons Ireland can win the RWC. I'm painfully reminded of 2007 when they were to kill dead things & told everyone so. :roll: :scratch: :duh: :banghead: >threaten

Dumb mexican
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Semi final would do based on previous pain and misery.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I'm painfully reminded of 2007 when they were to kill dead things & told everyone so. :roll: :scratch: :duh: :banghead: >threaten

I feel like Schmidt's Ireland are a different beast. He won't tolerate "nerves", or players using "favourites not being Ireland's natural status" as an excuse.
It's the hope that kills you.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

If we bomb it would be because of the coach.
He has done wonders with the players he has had at his disposal, almost miraculous.
If only he was in charge of the side from 4 years ago.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

BaggyTrousers wrote:It appears there are no shortage of players looking to avoid playing RWC.

No ban at all. Wasn't even cited. He's a scumbag.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

damianmcr wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:It appears there are no shortage of players looking to avoid playing RWC.

No ban at all. Wasn't even cited. He's a scumbag.
He and McGrath are the reasons world rugby are not happy

But world rugby are happy at the invention of level 1 citings. A citing that is not really a citing but is a citing so he is cited but not cited
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I'm painfully reminded of 2007 when they were to kill dead things & told everyone so. :roll: :scratch: :duh: :banghead: >threaten

I feel like Schmidt's Ireland are a different beast. He won't tolerate "nerves", or players using "favourites not being Ireland's natural status" as an excuse.
Blinkers off time. What about the non-performance in Wales? That can & will be replicated, we are decent/competitive on our limited gameplan we are not "great".
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

BaggyTrousers wrote:
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:

Blinkers off time. What about the non-performance in Wales? That can & will be replicated, we are decent/competitive on our limited gameplan we are not "great".
I wouldn't call that a complete non-performance, though. It was our worst of the 6Ns, but we were within 6 at the end. There were a few mitigating factors:

Sexton had a nightmare (as will happen on occasion, particularly when only on his 3rd game back from lengthy lay-off);
the 3/4 line ballsed up a vital stretch (albeit against phenomenal defence), which highlighted the absence of BOD;
Barnes used the first 15 minutes to educate the defending team on how he would be handling the breakdown, which unfortunately was us;
Barnes knows as much as Britney Spears about the scrum (we were so dominant in the scrum that we broke Samson Lee's leg :banghead: , with no reward).

Wales beat us at our own game, which we were not ready for. The fault for that ultimately lies at the door of the coaching team, not the intrinsic psychic doubts of the players - though it should be emphasised that even with all of this, we only lost by 6 points.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Opened it up against Scotland when it needed done.

He was obviously going for grinding out a slam but came up short but was capable and trusting enough up the ante at the last.

I imagine it'll be same again for the RWC. Low risk, conservative, whatever you want to call it...effective would be my own description.

Get out of the pool and you only need to win three in a row from there.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

BuckRogers wrote:Opened it up against Scotland when it needed done.

He was obviously going for grinding out a slam but came up short but was capable and trusting enough up the ante at the last.

I imagine it'll be same again for the RWC. Low risk, conservative, whatever you want to call it...effective would be my own description.

Get out of the pool and you only need to win three in a row from there.
We don't really have to give anything away until we meet France, and even then, it might be worth keeping it relatively tight.

Would like to see some Baa-baas rugby orchestrated by PJ against the minnows
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

100 Days to go until the WC, I am glad to see that the Cups first visit is to Donegal, Northern Ireland 16th June, 6 days to go, I am sure it will be in Derry or Belfast in the rest of Northern Ireland, would be nice some some advance notice , I am sure some would like to attend an event or see the Trophy, maybe it's touring with the Ravens so all a bit hush hush.
image.jpg
image.jpg (180.38 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
I for one am glad Donegal is in Northern Ireland, a nation once again :D
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

The cup will be at Belfast Harlequins and Banbridge Kofi if you want to get your picture taken with it.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

damianmcr wrote:The cup will be at Belfast Harlequins and Banbridge Kofi if you want to get your picture taken with it.

Can't wait. Good to see banbridge getting an event other than welly throwing and ploughing, bit surprised at Quinns getting the Cup as at this time of the year their all running around in their Antrim tops at Pairc St Deramore
Last edited by Kofi Annan on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”