Glasgow citings

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Glasgow citings

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

shamalicious wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:From the description of the what allegedly happened that I was given, I THINK the incident of Herring happens at 54 mins and 5 seconds into the match.

Watch from a few seconds before that and Rob is at the back of a ruck but having his leg held (illegally?) as the ruck breaks up. In trying to free himself you can see there is a "jerk" of his leg, and I THINK it is this that the citing guy has deemed to be an alleged stamp.

It is just before their first try. If they base any judgement on "outcome" as seems to be the vogue these days. nothing should happen as no one was injured and the alleged "stamped" simply got up and played on without any apparent ill feeling. Of course, they could say that as it's Ulster, we are not interested in outcome, but in intent, and we find Herring guilty as charged and condemn him to be hung drawn and quartered ....... and then suspended for 4 weeks with a week off for his previous good behaviour, another off for wearing a suit, but 10 added for pleading "not guilty", the sentence to commence after he recovers (if he recovers) from having his body dismembered into quarters.

If anyone knows better, feel free to enlighten us.
If it's that incident and he gets any kind of ban, the game has descended into farce.
I agree - but it does fit the detail of what was described to me. It may be there was a separate incident that I have not seen and which is worse. I have not re-watched the whole match let alone re-watched looking for any incident involving Rob. Hence I am not 100% sure this is the incident in question but form a quick scan through, it is the closest match to what was described.

If it turns out to be this and it is upheld, we may as well pack up and forget about rugby.

In a way I hope this is the incident, because to cite that is ludicrous, but perversely in another way, for the sake of the sport, I sort of hope there is a worse incident that I have missed ....... but that Rob still gets cleared.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

austintranslation wrote:I've seen worse in a tag rugby match for flips sake. That happens at every single ruck in a rugby match from mini rugby to professional. How many times do you see scrum halves do it? Beyond an abomination if that's what the ban is for.
He's not banned yet .... it's just beyond abomination if that's what the citing is for.
I'm not arguing -
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
austintranslation wrote:I've seen worse in a tag rugby match for flips sake. That happens at every single ruck in a rugby match from mini rugby to professional. How many times do you see scrum halves do it? Beyond an abomination if that's what the ban is for.
He's not banned yet .... it's just beyond abomination if that's what the citing is for.
That is a real joke citing just to disrupt training, I see no other reason for it
https://youtu.be/mwP7s3NfT2c?t=1h7m44s
1h7m44s video time
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

If that is the only angle and he still gets banned then I'm done. How you can tell anything at all from that angle is ludicrous, I had to rewind it just to be sure I was watching the right part of the game.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Let's just be clear - I may have identified the wrong incident.......

..... but it's the only one that i have seen that resembles what I was told the alleged offence was.

So unless the citing officer has seen another angle of this or some other incident, is it any wonder Ulster Rugby are (allegedly) not impressed?
I'm not arguing -
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Always eager to enlighten my brethren allow me to do my usually forensic analysis.

As Red is attempting a jeckyll, and just before the camera pans out to a wider view, note a Weegie hand curling around Red's leg.

Red is now being held in.

From the wider angle you will note Red raising his leg, just before the action moves on to Hogg.

What you are witnessing is a man attempting to jerk his leg up & away from the grasp that it is held in, nothing more than that.

To believe any different one needs to be either a cheating Scots citing/disciplinary panel operative or an utter idiot who should be dragged before the courts and condemned to a life wearing Clownshoes.

I believe this to be a calculated & spurious action, intended only to cause disruption. This individual needs to be sorted out. Come on Ulster fingers out & get in there, this is getting utterly ridiculous.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Who was the citing commissioner and where was he from? :shock:
Exterminate all rational thought
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Who was the citing commissioner and where was he from? :shock:
SRU supplied him
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:Who was the citing commissioner and where was he from? :shock:
SRU supplied him
RUSS OUT!!!!!!
I'm not arguing -
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

PMSL
Exterminate all rational thought
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

When is there going to be an official complaint made by Ulster? That is ludicrous.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Snipe Watson wrote:When is there going to be an official complaint made by Ulster? That is ludicrous.
Or alternatively, we could report absolutely everything we see untoward to the citing commissioner, and publish these. Eg Diack's neck-drive tackle.
It's the hope that kills you.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:When is there going to be an official complaint made by Ulster? That is ludicrous.
Or alternatively, we could report absolutely everything we see untoward to the citing commissioner, and publish these. Eg Diack's neck-drive tackle.
You sure that was not reported >EW
Rory Best
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Rooster wrote:

Publish them as well! Bring the whole situation down to a farce.

Burn all bridges. Burn Owens. Burn Minto. Burn Glasgow.

They can cite us, but they can never take our

FREEDOM

It's the hope that kills you.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Rooster wrote:
it was reported and the Scottish citing commissioner Paul Minto said nothing in it move along, UR not at all happy and have taken it further...
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.