Kit Launch

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Re: Kit Launch

Post by thecrouch »

I'm worried I don't have the mammaries to fill out one of the supporters jerseys.

They're always made to fit the men who carry a wider load than I do.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

ColinM wrote: I bet there were silly words coming out of those poor players mouths yesterday! stuff about how Kukri shirts give them the edge over the competition and the super duper insulation in their homes help them recover and prepare in optimum conditions?
Silly word that the players kept using was "Ravenhill" rather than Kingspan .... much to the hilarity of the crowd and other players. The guy from local radio that was hosting it got to the point he was pointedly reminding them to use Kingspan instead of Ravers in their answers. :roll:

Rory was the only one that said he used Kingspan insulating products on his farm and that was by way of a throw-away line at the end of a longer answer - drawing the obvious observation that he was looking for future reduced prices.

Talking to a couple of players privately afterwards and they do seem to think these shirts are tighter and will be harder for tacklers to hold onto than previous shirts - time will tell.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I am pleased to report that I have researched the potentially silly words on the trackies and they are simple 'Ulster Rugby'. Phew!

Now why you would want to write 'Ulster Rugby' three times around a crest that itself contains the words 'Ulster Rugby' is another question, but at least the words themselves aren't silly.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Kit launch.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Who cares? It's a rugby kit. Youse sound like a bunch of wemen so youse do.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

BR wrote:I am pleased to report that I have researched the potentially silly words on the trackies and they are simple 'Ulster Rugby'. Phew!

Now why you would want to write 'Ulster Rugby' three times around a crest that itself contains the words 'Ulster Rugby' is another question, but at least the words themselves aren't silly.
That was close, it could have been 'Commitment makes the 16th man' or #someballixhashtag or 'pride and pashun'

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Aye or 'Ulster Rugby Club' was one they had a year or two back.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:Kit launch.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Misogynist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Kit launch.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Misogynist
You say that as if it's news......
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Personally if Ulster WERE WINNING TROPHIES

I could almost put up with Fit Logan and his spin/lies
I could almost put up with Ticketmaster ripping me off per transaction
I could almost put up with selling everything for the money
I could almost put up with that excessively loud music before and after each game
I could almost put up with that awful band
I could almost put up with the How to behave at a rugby match mantra
I could almost put up with that awful bear who thinks He's the star of the show
I could almost put up with Kukri and their horrible kits and the pink merchandise targeting the ladies
I could almost put up with the announcer who doesn't know the names of opposition players
I could almost put up with the garbage rugby that was on show last season
I could almost put up with the spin from players and coaches about learning from defeats

Now considering that Ulster aren't winning trophies, the rest of the stuff really gets on my wick....... :banghead: :banghead:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Ulsterfan25 wrote:The new jerseys look pretty good. Price is always exorbitant though especially when you can pick up a 14/15 jersey for £10 now.
There's your answer. They're probably still breaking even at that price.

I've got several shirts but have never paid more than £20 for any of them save for thon unofficial retro wan, which cost me £25.

Same with gym tees, T-shirts, coat, hoodie - less than half price for all of them.

Doubt if I'll bother with the current offering even at 60% discount.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

If they do a women's polycotton one with a proper collar I'll be happy.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I have my doubts if a polycotton will appear.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
ColinM wrote: I bet there were silly words coming out of those poor players mouths yesterday! stuff about how Kukri shirts give them the edge over the competition and the super duper insulation in their homes help them recover and prepare in optimum conditions?
Silly word that the players kept using was "Ravenhill" rather than Kingspan .... much to the hilarity of the crowd and other players. The guy from local radio that was hosting it got to the point he was pointedly reminding them to use Kingspan instead of Ravers in their answers. :roll:

Rory was the only one that said he used Kingspan insulating products on his farm and that was by way of a throw-away line at the end of a longer answer - drawing the obvious observation that he was looking for future reduced prices.

Talking to a couple of players privately afterwards and they do seem to think these shirts are tighter and will be harder for tacklers to hold onto than previous shirts - time will tell.
I would say practically every farm has some Kingspan products, either insulated roof panels, wall insulation or oil or water tanks, in fact most of the players and possibly even the fans have some of their products in their own house and don't even know it.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

I would say practically every farm has some Kingspan products, either insulated roof panels, wall insulation or oil or water tanks, in fact most of the players and possibly even the fans have some of their products in their own house and don't even know it.
I have no doubt of that - was simply responding to the comment that the players had probably been coached to use certain phrases in praise of Kingspan, when in fact the events indicated they hadn't. I have no doubt that the players are coached about how to answer questions and things to say or not say in interviews in general, but it didn't appear to me that they had been specifically coached with answers for this event. The number of times Ravenhill was mentioned showed to me that the players still regard it as Ravenhill rather than Kingspan, but some players are more "on message" than others.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Tazz #15
Initiate

Post by Tazz #15 »

scrum5 wrote:Personally if Ulster WERE WINNING TROPHIES

I could almost put up with Fit Logan and his spin/lies
I could almost put up with Ticketmaster ripping me off per transaction
I could almost put up with selling everything for the money
I could almost put up with that excessively loud music before and after each game
I could almost put up with that awful band
I could almost put up with the How to behave at a rugby match mantra
I could almost put up with that awful bear who thinks He's the star of the show
I could almost put up with Kukri and their horrible kits and the pink merchandise targeting the ladies
I could almost put up with the announcer who doesn't know the names of opposition players
I could almost put up with the garbage rugby that was on show last season
I could almost put up with the spin from players and coaches about learning from defeats

Now considering that Ulster aren't winning trophies, the rest of the stuff really gets on my wick....... :banghead: :banghead:
You know where the door is, yes?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk