Connacht 15/16

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Re: Connacht 15/16

Post by scrum5 »

Spiffsson wrote:Good on the Westies. Lam has done great things there and they play some nice rugby. Would like to see Fibber get a few more of them into the national squad.
they probably will but only when they move to his beloved Blues...... :duck:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

As anyone who saw the build up to the final penalty, they play with great confidence and have a sense of understanding what they are doing, maybe it would be a good idea to let the Ulster team see a video of that second half in particular, a little pressure came on from Ospreys and they stood up and played their patterns with complete belief.

Contrast Ulster fading before your eyes in the last 30 minutes and the final desperate act trying to get the ball off the pitch. If we were to play Connacht soon, you'd have to worry, fortunately we'll be at better strength when it happens.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Another win for the Westies. Fair play to them. It's time to see players like Matt Healy/O'Halloran/Marmion/Buckley getting a decent thrash at the Ireland training squad.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Good luck to Connacht in Krasnoyarsk this weekend. Have you seen where it is :) ?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Good luck to Connacht in Krasnoyarsk this weekend. Have you seen where it is :) ?
£1000 for flights and 18 hours plus via Moscow for the dizzy temperatures of a high of -11c and a low of -21c I am sure thousands will go :shock:
If that does not put anyone off, they are 7 hours ahead of Galway time as well >crazy1
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Rooster wrote: £1000 for flights and 18 hours plus via Moscow for the dizzy temperatures of a high of -11c and a low of -21c I am sure thousands will go :shock:
If that does not put anyone off, they are 7 hours ahead of Galway time as well >crazy1
Bloody part time fans.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Well if the number of Irish Bars is anything to go by there might well be a few folk supporting Connacht - http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant ... trict.html

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Spiffsson wrote:Good on the Westies. Lam has done great things there and they play some nice rugby. Would like to see Fibber get a few more of them into the national squad.
Ah sure most of them are foreigne ............... oh aye, many of them will become naturalised Plastic Pats. Look at Nathan White FFS 34, he becomes a Plastic & goes to a RWC.

Some good nippers too.

Connacht, province of wonder and opportunity and a coach who really does appear to know what he's at, despite being undermined by the Anscombe family at Auckland .........and their racist self-activating mobile phone that nobody used. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Ah sure most of them are foreigne ............... oh aye, many of them will become naturalised Plastic Pats. Look at Nathan White FFS 34, he becomes a Plastic & goes to a RWC.

Some good nippers too.

Connacht, province of wonder and opportunity and a coach who really does appear to know what he's at, despite being undermined by the Anscombe family at Auckland .........and their racist self-activating mobile phone that nobody used. >EW
True - There are a fair few furriners playing for the Western outpost. But Matt Healy is not one - probably the form wing in Ireland last season. Very fast and a good finisher. Don't know why Fibber has not had him with the squad at least. Tiernan O'Halloran is also looking sharp after a fairly lengthy injury spell last year and is comfortable at wing or FB. Can't help but feel that if these lads were playing for some province other than the poor relations they'd be getting a look-in at least. At the moment I'd have both on the Ireland training squad ahead of the Kearney brothers.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Some good nippers too.

Yes one can't help but get the feeling had McLaughs done the unthinkable and won the HEC in 2012 Master Humphreys and UR would suddenly have had a lot more to say about that particular incident.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Match live, feckin mental playing in that place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRsUYwZ ... e=youtu.be
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

14-31 TBP win for Connacht.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

They are still on the way home !! https://www.facebook.com/Connachtrugby/?fref=ts

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh