Leinster 15/16

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Leinster 15/16

Post by Neill_M »

Mads being linked with a move to England. Quins mentioned also Bristol who have apparently offered him 500,000 Euro/season. That can't be right - serious cash - they have to get promoted first!
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Neill_M wrote:Mads being linked with a move to England. Quins mentioned also Bristol who have apparently offered him 500,000 Euro/season. That can't be right - serious cash - they have to get promoted first!
If Quiffy gets the chance to go to Quins he should grab it. He's already a better 10 than their fairly pedestrian backup Ben Botica, and Nick Evans, though playing superbly, must be close to the end of his career. I do feel for wee Mads the way things have worked out in Leinster. He's still backup to a pretty ordinary looking Sexton at 10; Luke-Ma-No-Hands is the apparent messiah at 12; and there's Kearney X2, Nacewa and Kirchner for the FB slot. Madigan did not even get a run off the bench against Wasps, though the team was dire. He is going nowhere fast in Mexico. (and he'd still have to play outside Reddan/Boss anyway).
Bristol would be another kettle of fish, unless he has a promotion clause written in.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Madigan has the same agent as the following:

1. J Sexton
2. S Zebo
3. B O'Driscoll
4. Radge
5. J Heaslip

This agent has history of playing the IRFU game. Make up a big money deal from abroad, force the IRFU into big central contract.
The IRFU called his bluff on Sexton and got burnt for it
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Russ wrote:Madigan has the same agent as the following:

1. J Sexton
2. S Zebo
3. B O'Driscoll
4. Radge
5. J Heaslip

This agent has history of playing the IRFU game. Make up a big money deal from abroad, force the IRFU into big central contract. The IRFU called his bluff on Sexton and got burnt for it
Zebo is certainly being "linked" heavily with a move to France - Pau/Toulouse both mentioned. Surprised he has not gone to watch a game in France yet to increase the speculation. It's a classic tactic - wasn't Trimble "linked" with a move to Stade at one point?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Neill_M wrote: Zebo is certainly being "linked" heavily with a move to France - Pau/Toulouse both mentioned. Surprised he has not gone to watch a game in France yet to increase the speculation. It's a classic tactic - wasn't Trimble "linked" with a move to Stade at one point?
Believe he was over there a few weeks ago. Of course his Da is French so that is hardly a surprise he has been there a few times. Still that wouldn't stop some speculation.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

1. J Sexton
2. S Zebo
3. B O'Driscoll
4. Radge
5. J Heaslip

This agent has history of playing the IRFU game. Make up a big money deal from abroad, force the IRFU into big central contract.
Just wait to Lukeeeee trys the French stunt, he will get a record breaking deal and get to pick which games he plays in and which position he plays
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:

1. J Sexton
2. S Zebo
3. B O'Driscoll
4. Radge
5. J Heaslip

Just wait to Lukeeeee trys the French stunt, he will get a record breaking deal and get to pick which games he plays in and which position he plays
Pretty sure he's done it already
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:
Neill_M wrote: Zebo is certainly being "linked" heavily with a move to France - Pau/Toulouse both mentioned. Surprised he has not gone to watch a game in France yet to increase the speculation. It's a classic tactic - wasn't Trimble "linked" with a move to Stade at one point?
Believe he was over there a few weeks ago. Of course his Da is French so that is hardly a surprise he has been there a few times. Still that wouldn't stop some speculation.
They all play this game. It blew up in Sexton's face as they called his bluff. We'll see what they do with Madigan.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

1. J Sexton
2. S Zebo
3. B O'Driscoll
4. Radge
5. J Heaslip

Madigan's case is rather different. He is a bloke who is not getting a start at his club and is certainly good enough to play top level club rugby somewhere else. I doubt it is all about the cash/contract. He cannot be happy with his current position in the Leinster setup and probably won't be as along as Sexton is around. He'd be better off in an decent English PL team getting regular rugby under his belt in the 10 slot, and take his chances of playing for Ireland.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Glasgow v The Mexicans - Sat 3pm Sky

15. Stuart Hogg 14. Taqele Naiyaravoro 13. Alex Dunbar 12. Peter Horne 11. Tommy Seymour 10. Duncan Weir 9. Mike Blair
1. Ryan Grant 2. James Malcolm 3. Sila Puafisi 4. Leone Nakarawa 5. Jonny Gray (Captain) 6. Josh Strauss 7. Simone Favaro
8. Adam Ashe

16. Shalva Mamukashvili 17. Jerry Yanuyanutawa 18. Zander Fagerson 19. Tim Swinson 20. Rob Harley 21. Ali Price 22. Finn Russell 23. Sean Lamont

15. Rob Kearney 14. Zane Kirchner 13. Ben Te'o 12. Luke Fitzgerald 11. Dave Kearney 10. Ian Madigan 9. Eoin Reddan 1. Cian Healy 2. Richardt Strauss 3. Marty Moore 4. Tom Denton 5. Mike McCarthy 6. Rhys Ruddock CAPTAIN 7. Josh van der Flier 8. Jordi Murphy

16. Sean Cronin 17. Peter Dooley 18. Tadhg Furlong 19. Ross Molony 20. Dominic Ryan 21. Isaac Boss 22. Cathal Marsh
23. Garry Ringrose

Glasgow with close to full team, no McGrath, Heaslip, Sexton, Toner etc for the Smurfs - not surely resting them for Toulon next week - they are in worse shape than ourselves in terms of the Heineken.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
Trimble's Da is French? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: So 'e's nom eeezz Trim Bell? FFS
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Trimble's Da is French? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: So 'e's nom eeezz Trim Bell? FFS

Forgot to have your afternoon nap did you?
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Forgot to have your afternoon nap did you?

Feck off Turnip :lol:

Could be interesting, Weegirs scraped past Trevoriso; to give them their full name, whilst the Ulster defence humiliated the impotent Mexican attack last week.

Pity the Storm is brewing right now, I fancied us to give Embra the rounds of the kitchen tonight but if the weather wrecks it we could be in trouble.

Let's hope Cold Hands Luke can catch something more than a cold tonight.

G'wan
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

No hands Luke you mean? He looked like he'd stumps at the end of his arms rather than hands on his outings thus far.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'm predicting Cold Hands scores a try tonight. Risky I know but there you go.

Funny you don't see much if Big-al bigging up Cold Hands these days. He used to be the 2nd coming, though I usually find the first more invigorating. :cheers: