Modern Supporter Question

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Re: Modern Supporter Question

Post by Wee Woman »

thecrouch wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
Less posh? Ah Crouchy ImageImage.

I'd happily go back to the Memorial Stand, I liked it there but himself prefers the grandstand and he pays for the season tickets ImageImage
I'm on to you Wee Woman.

You're that girl who sits in the stand and at half time opens her tupparware with smoked salmon crackers and who cracks open a bottle of prosecco poured into those plastic champagne glasses (cause drinking from the bottle is too uncouth).

Am I right?
Sadly not, I'm from East Belfast.

The closest I get to posh nosh is a fish supper out of The Bethany, followed by a bag of Tayto Cheese & Onion.

You can take the girl out of the East...

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Wee Woman wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:

I'd happily go back to the Memorial Stand, I liked it there but himself prefers the grandstand and he pays for the season tickets ImageImage
I'm on to you Wee Woman.

You're that girl who sits in the stand and at half time opens her tupparware with smoked salmon crackers and who cracks open a bottle of prosecco poured into those plastic champagne glasses (cause drinking from the bottle is too uncouth).

Am I right?

The closest I get to posh nosh is a fish supper out of The Bethany, followed by a bag of Tayto Cheese & Onion.

Nathin wrong with that WW. You've got all the key food groups there: Protein, Cookeen and salt. What's not to like?
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:

I'm on to you Wee Woman.

Am I right?

Nathin wrong with that WW. You've got all the key food groups there: Protein, Cookeen and salt. What's not to like?
Bit of tomato ketchup on the chips and I'm pretty sure it'd count as one of your 5 a day and all.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
SOU
Novice

Post by SOU »

I personally find those that are there to watch men in short shorts, talk about the office antics, how the mortgage is going etc, much more bearable than those ' Hardcores' that have been attending Ulster matches for many years, that are over opinionated and still think they are watching Ulster play Pontypridd circa 2001. The game has develeoped so much since those days, limiting most of the rough and tumble and many other facets to encourage a family atmosphere, therefore bringing more supporters to the games. Therefore more revenue. That makes sense to me.

Rugby is barely the sport that many of us stood and watched on a cold Friday night, the renaming of Ravers speaks volumes, Ulster Rugby is a business, why pump hundreds of thousands into a new stadium, new facilities, Nev's centre to then decide as Loyal Ulster fans that there is no room for anyone who isn't as 'knowledgable' as the die hards. Embrace the changes, its only strengthened our squad and our status in European Rugby.

Bit of an Old School attitude if your ask me, open your minds folks and get with the times, what's next banning children from Ravenhill for singing 'stand up for the ulstermen' in the wrong key? :banghead: This is just the way sport in general has progressed over the years, no point fighting it or being the rude fan in the crowd. Theres more to life :red:
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Ahhh the joys of modern society dumb everything down.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

My personal favourite is; Ishorteneveryone'sname bloke. He was behind us for Oyonnax....clampet
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Snipe Watson wrote:My personal favourite is; Ishorteneveryone'sname bloke. He was behind us for Oyonnax....clampet
how does that go? Luttie, bestie, herbie, merwie, o'c, diackie, wilsie, Nicky, ruano, jacko, closkers....ah feck I can't be bothered, you're right that's annoying.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

:lol: I think I've stood near him before. Hairy faced bald fella with a big keg was he Snipe?

My favourite was the very prim and proper middle class lady and her "hubby" standing behind me just after the old terrace had been redeveloped. Some her ear pearcing gems included..

"Come on Ulster, must do better, must do better."

"Not good enough Andrew" after Trimbo dropped a ball.

and my personal favourite....

"Referee you must have had your eyes closed" after we had just been given a penalty try and they had been given a yellow card, still to this day boggled as to what the referee missed. >appl >appl >appl
Mary had a little lamb . . .
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Theres a guy at the back of the Memorial Stand repeatedly shouts at the ref every week that he should go to specsavers. Every bleeding week, about ten time a game without fail :banghead:

I love the odd moment of comic genius guldered from the crowd but repeated drivel I care not for.

He shouted to Owens last week that he should be on the first boat back to Cairnryan to which his mate corrected him that Cairnryan was in Scotland and Nigel was from Wales :lol:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Joe Schmo wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:My personal favourite is; Ishorteneveryone'sname bloke. He was behind us for Oyonnax....clampet
how does that go? Luttie, bestie, herbie, merwie, o'c, diackie, wilsie, Nicky, ruano, jacko, closkers....ah feck I can't be bothered, you're right that's annoying.
That's the clown. His favourite, or possibly the one that got on my wick most, was "Craigers"
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Just borrow a gun from baggy, we moved from the 10 metre line to the half way cos the craic was mighty, even the mandatory shut up mike gets a laugh, cant beat a match with an informed funny bunch of fans, id welcome with open arms any big old young and all who take time to get the basic hang of the game then join in. It has been rare you get abusive language or just plain bad manners, but sadly the low lifes are infiltrating. It might he the 21st century, but a dick head is still a dick head in any era of mans history.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Snipe Watson wrote:the one that got on my wick most, was "Craigers"
What's the point in that it's actually longer!

At Lansdowne I always seem to sit in front of "Goan" man who sits for 80 minutes going Goan Seany, Goan Tommy, Goan Paulie etc every time someone gets a rumble on. I'm like very good you know their names.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Deraless wrote:

At Lansdowne I always seem to sit in front of "Goan" man who sits for 80 minutes going Goan Seany, Goan Tommy, Goan Paulie etc every time someone gets a rumble on. I'm like very good you know their names.
You're being a bit hard on Shan there.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

big mervyn wrote:
Deraless wrote:

You're being a bit hard on Shan there.
i think you'll find it's 'gwan ' :lol::lol: although there goes that name shortening again, if that transcends into the Ulster match day programme Tommy's going to get his best letter writing set out..........
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I remember as a we'en watching Ulster play Stade when Stade had the great Diego from Argentina at fly half

I had been bought an air horn by my father (who partakes in these boards now and again) and thought I was rhe dog's janglies

But I knew to respect the butter.
Some big jackalope enquired on the terrace if I was going to use that air horn at all, and if not why not?

So me, a we'en did hold up my horn, and depress the button
Needless to say, Diego of Italy was in his backswing and the ball sailed high and wide

Out came the "in Ravenhill we have a great tradition of respecting the opposition butter"

Needless to say, Diego had a kick to win the game in the last minute. I knew I had a job to do
I raised by right hand up to St Ruan (Jesus' brother) and depressed my index finger on that horn. Diego of Paris missed and we won an epic real Heineken Cup game

I was the hero of the hour