Six Nations Week 4

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Six Nations Week 4

Post by Russ »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:And with regard to the boots, for all you lot know his Great Grandad maybe fought at the Somme.
Can I have a poppy and 1916 on my boots?
Will the southern bigots allow it?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Neill_M wrote:Wales Team: Liam Williams; Alex Cuthbert, Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, George North; Dan Biggar, Gareth Davies; Rob Evans, Scott Baldwin, Samson Lee, Bradley Davies, Alun Wyn Jones, Dan Lydiate, Sam Warburton (capt), Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Ken Owens, Paul James, Tomas Francis, Luke Charteris, Justin Tipuric, Rhys Webb, Rhys Priestland, Gareth Anscombe.
Bet none of them have political messages on their boots

1872 Buggered By england and loved it
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

BR wrote:
Russ wrote:I wish the Irish could keep politics out of sport

Very sad to see Ian Madigan cannot move on
Not remotely possible in Ireland or anywhere else.

Don't care what Madigan wears at the RDS. It's part (a selective part) of his nation's history. I'd like to think he would have a wee bit more decorum than to wear them in Ireland duty.
1690 is part of our history, but i am sure someone would not be allowed to express it

But why wear them this weekend when the Anniversary is not until 27th March , unless you are wanting to make a statement, why go public with it unless your want to make a statement. what about a dignified act?

How much do you want to bet, that Munster, Connacht, and Leinster will have a minutes silence at their games with flags Lowered at half mast, anyone care to take up the bet >EW ,

I am sure it will be well marked.

by the way I have no issue with it if they do, its just about mutual respect, which is not mutual nor Neutral in Ireland
Last edited by Kofi Annan on Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kofi Annan wrote:
BR wrote:

Don't care what Madigan wears at the RDS. It's part (a selective part) of his nation's history. I'd like to think he would have a wee bit more decorum than to wear them in Ireland duty.
1690 is part of our history, but i am sure someone would not be allowed to express it
Only the bigots get to express their history
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Kofi Annan wrote:
BR wrote:

No, but then history in this statelet is especially divisive. Elsewhere it has been airbrushed with romanticism.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
BR wrote:

No, but then history in this statelet is especially divisive. Elsewhere it has been airbrushed with romanticism.
One man's terrorist is another man's terrorist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Madigan is a strange wee lad, with his Quiff or baldy head, his gurning like Gazza, his silly wee boots that he could just have worn but sure what's a statement unless you tell everybody about it.

Remarkable that the game finish 19-16 mind you, perhaps God is P O'Neill? :D

No fecks to give about 1916, 1690 or any other date in this godawful pieceofshite wee narrowminded country. Fu@k all those who do, including silly wee Madiquiff.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Kofi Annan wrote:
BR wrote:

But why wear them this weekend when the Anniversary is not until 27th March , unless you are wanting to make a statement, why go public with it unless your want to make a statement. what about a dignified act?

How much do you want to bet, that Munster, Connacht, and Leinster will have a minutes silence at their games with flags Lowered at half mast, anyone care to take up the bet >EW ,

by the way I have no issue with it if they do, its just about mutual respect, which is not mutual nor Neutral in Ireland
As you say, the way that the RoI, it's state and it's people choose to mark a significant date in the birth of that state is a matter for themselves (we know there will be 3 or 4 different versions even within the mainstream and no doubt there will be falling outs over the minor details).

None of my business. Just like it is none of my business if Zebre play in the Stadio xxv april (even if I was a fascist, I don't think I would have the right to be offended).

Personally I have more concerns about what a few other people consider an appropriate way to mark the 1916 centenary than a sportsman or the various political establishments of the subsequent state.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
BR wrote:

As you say, the way that the RoI, it's state and it's people choose to mark a significant date in the birth of that state is a matter for themselves (we know there will be 3 or 4 different versions even within the mainstream and no doubt there will be falling outs over the minor details).

None of my business. Just like it is none of my business if Zebre play in the Stadio xxv april (even if I was a fascist, I don't think I would have the right to be offended).

Personally I have more concerns about what a few other people consider an appropriate way to mark the 1916 centenary than a sportsman or the various political establishments of the subsequent state.
I'm interested to know what the IRFU have planned for the 2 remaining 6 Nations games

I reckon we'll end up having to observe a minutes silence to glorify the death of many innocents
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:
BR wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
BR wrote:

I'm interested to know what the IRFU have planned for the 2 remaining 6 Nations games

I reckon we'll end up having to observe a minutes silence to glorify the death of many innocents
I imagine the word will be commemorate rather than glorify.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:
Russ wrote:
BR wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
BR wrote: Not remotely possible in Ireland or anywhere else.

I imagine the word will be commemorate rather than glorify.
I commemorate no murder
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote: I commemorate no murder
That's up to you, maybe you should get that stitched into your boots.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:
Russ wrote: I commemorate no murder
That's up to you, maybe you should get that stitched into your boots.
I'm sure the "fans of quiff" would be in uproar and maybe take up arms
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Madigan is a strange wee lad, with his Quiff or baldy head, his gurning like Gazza, his silly wee boots that he could just have worn but sure what's a statement unless you tell everybody about it.

No fecks to give about 1916, 1690 or any other date in this godawful pieceofshite wee narrowminded country. Fu@k all those who do, including silly wee Madiquiff.
Totally agree.
Politics and sport are never great bed fellows.
He should stick to what he does best which is missing tackles in particular the one which cost us victory over the All Blacks.
It might have been better if he had tackled the bloke then he could have worn some boots to commemorate Irelands first victory over them.
But he can`t now because hes a complete twot who couldn`t do what hes actually paid to do.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

bazzaj wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Madigan is a strange wee lad, with his Quiff or baldy head, his gurning like Gazza, his silly wee boots that he could just have worn but sure what's a statement unless you tell everybody about it.

Totally agree.
Politics and sport are never great bed fellows.
He should stick to what he does best which is missing tackles in particular the one which cost us victory over the All Blacks.
It might have been better if he had tackled the bloke then he could have worn some boots to commemorate Irelands first victory over them.
But he can`t now because hes a complete twot who couldn`t do what hes actually paid to do.
And Australia
And missed a sitter against Scotland that almost lost a 6 Nations

But sure he cried