Marcell Marceau

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Marcell Marceau

Post by Jackie Brown »

EastTerraceUR wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
shamalicious wrote:Last season his pregnant wife was running rings around him. I like Roger but he's done.
Wilson shoudn't be in the situation he is, 25-30 minutes per week coming off the bench to see out games is where he should be.

Ulster lack of back row talent has meant the old horse is being flogged.
and someone should have seen that coming from a distance… Henry was injured and need eased back, Williams was going and Roger was 46 with 756 appearances and we needed that filled. I know nothing grows on trees but with this in mind we signed a world class winger albeit one dumped by the AB's and had time to let him play at Wasps for a year then signed a seriously injured BOK who may just be back by February. I still feel we could have pressured D4 more to release one of Leinster's back-row players if even short term.

and yes it isn't Rogers fault he is an Ulsterman through and through..
Is this the same Roger than when things were getting tough he cleared of to Northampton???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep gave them his best years, like Bowe to the Tosspreys. Players like Trimby and R.Best stayed to see it through.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Does anyone think Marcel was coached/ told to say he's a ball carrier when asked by Gavin Andrews at half time what he brings to the squad?
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

shamalicious wrote:Does anyone think Marcel was coached/ told to say he's a ball carrier when asked by Gavin Andrews at half time what he brings to the squad?
Yip first thing came into my head. UR forgot some of us fans actually watch other rugby on TV and have access to Super Rugby on Sky.

Also goes on about the brilliant atmosphere and fans. None of the matches since he arrived have had a great atmosphere. Last 5 mins of Exeter was an improvement but has been much better. This is also free advertising for UR to promote people getting along to the "Kingspan" for a "match night experience".

Has he said how much his missus loves Belfast yet?
Last edited by Deraless on Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Also Charless was bringing us composure in the playoffs and a winning mentality. Didn't take long for us to suck that outta him.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Deraless wrote:
shamalicious wrote:Does anyone think Marcel was coached/ told to say he's a ball carrier when asked by Gavin Andrews at half time what he brings to the squad?
Yip first thing came into my head. UR forgot some of us fans actually watch other rugby on TV and have access to Super Rugby on Sky.

Also goes on about the brilliant atmosphere and fans. None of the matches since he arrived have had a great atmosphere. Last 5 mins of Exeter was an improvement but has been much better. This is also free advertising for UR to promote people getting along to the "Kingspan" for a "match night experience".

I've seen less scripted interviews on North Korean tv
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Russ wrote:
shamalicious wrote:Last season his pregnant wife was running rings around him. I like Roger but he's done.
Mysoginistic
ImageImageImage
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Dave wrote:
Deraless wrote:

I've seen less scripted interviews on North Korean tv
Dave if you've managed to evade North Korean defences and snipe behind enemy lines you should be playing for us next week.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Think I'll wait till Marcell plays half a dozen games before I start having a gripe at him, so what if it's scripted, we're moaning now just for the sake of it...... :duck: Edinburgh up next time to move on, how many games has Scholes played so far
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

We forget Marcel is still a very young player and still developing his ball skills.
At the sharks Marcel carried the ball the maximum distance to the deck too often.
He has the ability to make more very quick short carries if he works on running with his head up, looking for the offload and working on his passing game.
Ulster have a light footed pack and playing in this system will make him a more all rounded player.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

When I was a youth i was a big Sophie Marceau fan!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

he is also very well paid…
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

The issue with a NIQ arriving injured is that it's a much bigger hit for us than a project or IQ player. With a NIQ player we have a limited window to take advantage of their skills.

Jared for example was a fantastic signing, despite losing him for the guts of the first year. UR was also relayed in kind for loyalty to him with the contracts he has signed. With the RP situation we know that NIQ extensions are going to be limited.

Marcell I am very excited to see in the red and white, but I'm very glad he is on a 3 year contract, otherwise we would already be in a position where his signing might be a mistake.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Setanta wrote:When I was a youth i was a big Sophie Marceau fan!
You are a fine judge if French womanhood Santa, what we in Nirth Doon call a stoater.

Yaaaa Coetzee will mean there are 2 guys in the back row with some sort of energy, that's twice as much as at present.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Eggs wrote:The issue with a NIQ arriving injured is that it's a much bigger hit for us than a project or IQ player. With a NIQ player we have a limited window to take advantage of their skills.

Jared for example was a fantastic signing, despite losing him for the guts of the first year. UR was also relayed in kind for loyalty to him with the contracts he has signed. With the RP situation we know that NIQ extensions are going to be limited.

Marcell I am very excited to see in the red and white, but I'm very glad he is on a 3 year contract, otherwise we would already be in a position where his signing might be a mistake.

No guarantees Eggs, but with the comparative wealth of back row options in Ireland I'd say there might be every chance Marcell could get a further contract........ if he's mad in the head and we aren't broke.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

We can but hope for an addiction to Ulster Frys, Tayto and a qwer mug a Te. If we keep up this current standard of Rabbit in Headlights Mediocrity, he'll be seeing out his contract and moving on to greener pastures.
By February, we could be having our end of season dinner.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.