Kiss out?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Re: Kiss out?

Post by scrum5 »

I like Cockerill, he could well be an excellent forwards coach and probably better than Bevis and Butthead but he wasn't sacked by Tigers for being successful
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

jean valjean wrote:Happy for Kiss to be the main man but he must be able to call the shots, especially his assistants. If he is lumbered with the 2 Ronnies then he should be man enough to say its them or me. I don't want a lame duck head coach, or one happy not to be in control. The worry is what if he is happy with Doak and Clarke?
He appears stuck with them for now, he knew what he was getting into when he signed on the dotted line. >rtfm
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

scrum5 wrote:I like Cockerill, he could well be an excellent forwards coach and probably better than Bevis and Butthead but he wasn't sacked by Tigers for being successful
Cockerill would be an amazing signing, there's no "probably better" about it. He's ten times the coach of any of our lot.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Given how things have gone down in Leicester of late I'm still not sure he's the sort of influence we want to bring in, one would hope we could do better but then beggars can't be choosers.
boringperson12
Novice

Post by boringperson12 »

There will probably be a few more "unemployed" coaches knocking about soon the way things are going at Northampton as well...
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

The Gloucester coaching team would be a natural fit...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

thecrouch wrote:
scrum5 wrote:I like Cockerill, he could well be an excellent forwards coach and probably better than Bevis and Butthead but he wasn't sacked by Tigers for being successful
Cockerill would be an amazing signing, there's no "probably better" about it. He's ten times the coach of any of our lot.
And a Cnut we could do with out , anyway why would UR employ someone that would challenge the idiots in charge , to be a coach in UR you need to have a masters in politics, know when to say Feçk all, tip the hat and move on.accept mediocre as no one above you wants you to succeed as you then become a threat to their ivory tower.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

When Les came out with "this isn't a significant match, and we don't want to put too much pressure on the players" before the Edinburgh game, i lost all faith in him.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Greetings fûckers

The buck stops with the man at the top, let's see some leadership from him, no doubt he will have all the players in today giving a speech on " the UlsterMan" what great warriors we are, including he was mates with Stirling and Mayne, how he has watched men die and how he can lead. Tell them he does not accept defeat , on thinking about that , is watching men die a great example of leadership, why not get you hands dirty and do something , oh wait.

KIss is the answer, just give him the tools,
:lol: :lol: :lol: Where have you been y'ould goat? Thought you were dead....almost missed you.

You're quite correct about Kiss by the way.
Busy on diplomatic business, Anyways some poo being talked about here, now we want Cockers, getting like Facebook , I can see the future and the future says to me new coaching staff on the way.

We are standing on the edge of the abyss yet again. KIss will not let it happen. Time for a leader to lead, Bryn son, lead.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
And a Cnut we could do with out , anyway why would UR employ someone that would challenge the idiots in charge , to be a coach in UR you need to have a masters in politics, know when to say Feçk all, tip the hat and move on.accept mediocre as no one above you wants you to succeed as you then become a threat to their ivory tower.
And therein lies the problem. The only way to have any success within the limitations of the IRFU's North Korea-esque structures, is to have an Academy that delivers the goods. The depressing thing is, even if the Academy structures do change for the better, it will take 5 years to see that impact on the first team.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

The buck stops with the man at the top, let's see some leadership from him, no doubt he will have all the players in today giving a speech on " the UlsterMan" what great warriors we are, including he was mates with Stirling and Mayne, how he has watched men die and how he can lead. Tell them he does not accept defeat , on thinking about that , is watching men die a great example of leadership, why not get you hands dirty and do something , oh wait.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Where have you been y'ould goat? Thought you were dead....almost missed you.

Busy on diplomatic business, Anyways some poo being talked about here, now we want Cockers, getting like Facebook , I can see the future and the future says to me new coaching staff on the way.

We are standing on the edge of the abyss yet again. KIss will not let it happen. Time for a leader to lead, Bryn son, lead.
For clarity, are you saying Kiss won't let us sink into the abyss? Or that Kiss won't allow change in the coaching structure?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

>you_rock

For the record I am not making myself available...
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

For clarity, are you saying Kiss won't let us sink into the abyss? Or that Kiss won't allow change in the coaching structure?
Kiss won't let himself sink into the abyss..
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
And therein lies the problem. The only way to have any success within the limitations of the IRFU's North Korea-esque structures, is to have an Academy that delivers the goods. The depressing thing is, even if the Academy structures do change for the better, it will take 5 years to see that impact on the first team.
Can I ask, do you base the 5 years to make an impact on the crap that run the Academy up until three years ago or are you starting from the changes made since then, twice. If you believe it's a 5 year window to see a change why then are you not allowing the current incumbents to produce players. Surely the impact has started, Ross Kane, McCall, McCloskey ( I know I know, he was outside the structure but the then head of the Academy give him a chance with the A team , Same as Warwick and Mulholand et al, fück me with a widget, you guys just love to bitch, academy is working, maybe not as fast as Leinster, well feck whoppy fècking woo, just a figure for you, the Dublin and greater Dublin area have a population of 3m and this brad pitt about us not having a team in AIL 1a is all bullshit , AIL1A has ten teams , 7 off them from DUblin area, now they don't need their academy players to support those teams , they have massive financial clout and a far larger player base to be the best, oh that and being almost semi pros, our Senior clubs cry like bitches of Ulster don't give the academy players etc, well Senoir clubs employ better coaches, develope a youth structure that works , produce better players get teams into AIL 1 , Hinch are probably the only team in Ulster with real ambition, look at Belfasts Premier club, struggle to put a seconds out, the seconds play Juoir clubs and get 60-70 points put on them, Club rugby is the foundation of this sport, the CEO needs to look at that. Make the clubs better, more competive and stop the bullshit of your KPIs etc.

The problem in Ulster is just not the Pro game, it's in massive need of a revamp.

Right away to bed , late nights are killing me.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Glad to have you back Kofi.