Lealiifano Signs

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Lealiifano Signs

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Knowns
The Japanese season ends mid January. Some serious talent there.
This is a fair point. You often hear of premiership teams signing players at that point from Jap teams. I don't know any 10s off the top of my head. Although, I'd say the FIRFU will probably say no.
Theres a guy Matt Giteau plays for Suntory Sungoliath can cover out half and centre. Another guy Berrick Barnes plays for Panasonic Wild Knights but he can only play out half.

Don't ask me how God they are though.
I'd take either until the end of the season and then Bryn can go shopping over the summer.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Knowns
The Japanese season ends mid January. Some serious talent there.
This is a fair point. You often hear of premiership teams signing players at that point from Jap teams. I don't know any 10s off the top of my head. Although, I'd say the FIRFU will probably say no.
Theres a guy Matt Giteau plays for Suntory Sungoliath can cover out half and centre. Another guy Berrick Barnes plays for Panasonic Wild Knights but he can only play out half.

Don't ask me how God they are though.
I'd take either until the end of the season and then Bryn can go shopping over the summer.
I'd imagine we will know where we are vis-a-vis Paddy and Stu before the turn of the year. If we need another temp to see us through to the end of the season, so be it.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Pundit Arena has contacted Ulster Rugby for comment but a club spokesperson has stated that no deal has currently been signed with the Brumbies player.
:scratch:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Rooster wrote:
Pundit Arena has contacted Ulster Rugby for comment but a club spokesperson has stated that no deal has currently been signed with the Brumbies player.
Kit launch on Monday.....
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Lol @ pundit arena.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Neill_M wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Kit launch on Monday.....
Excited then ,
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote: I'd imagine we will know where we are vis-a-vis Paddy and Stu before the turn of the year. If we need another temp to see us through to the end of the season, so be it.
Unless you are ITK Snipe, I believe that this biy will be gone at least a month to 6 weeks before the two young gentlemen's trial starts, so, no we won't have a bloody clue.

The only possible scenario that could work is that if one of 9's chappies currently in the rest home known as the Jap League, wanted to sign for an amazing club like Ulster permanently.

Much as I'd love to see Leali'ifano excelling in an Ulster shirt, this is about the same sort of dog's breakfast that the Pro14 is and fits into the category of beggars can't be choosers.

There will be the hope that like most short term signings made by Munster & Leinster it can be extended, there looks no possibility of that happening here, much as I appreciate actually getting this set up in the first place is a decent coup. He is a great player and I look forward to seeing him.

As an afterthought, I wonder did anyone tell him about Beagle's pass?

Even later than an afterthought ......................... you know that guy who likes fishing and happened to win an RWC medal, he's getting married in NZ in January, wonder what he's doing in February? Just thinking out loud you understand.

Nah, would never happen.
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Canberra times reports that deal between Brumbies, new club and ARU not finalised, yet. It would suit all parties mind you.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-u ... xugh6.html
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I think the mole is alive and well inside UR or perhaps UR are establishing a feud against pundit arena, after they broke news of the Montpellier deal for Ruan
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:Canberra times reports that deal between Brumbies, new club and ARU not finalised, yet. It would suit all parties mind you.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-u ... xugh6.html
I reckoned the Brumbies players would have been one group who would have been a purchase target for a 10 for us, even one of the younger guys who could be classed as a project player before the time for that changes.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote: I'd imagine we will know where we are vis-a-vis Paddy and Stu before the turn of the year. If we need another temp to see us through to the end of the season, so be it.
Unless you are ITK Snipe, I believe that this biy will be gone at least a month to 6 weeks before the two young gentlemen's trial starts, so, no we won't have a bloody clue.
I'm not ITK at all. I was assuming that with a first appearance this month, the trial would be a couple of months away.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
I'm not ITK at all. I was assuming that with a first appearance this month, the trial would be a couple of months away.
Long way before trial

PPS need to present a case to take it to trial

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

We will need someone beyond this season anyway......
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Heres the facts lads..... who am I kidding.

1. Our courts close for a long period of time over the summer, a complete embarrassment and a joke. This creates a backlog, worse still theres the moral side to this, some goon has an extended stay of execution or some innocent has a court case weighing them down. The term doesn't start again until September.

2. The Director of the public prosecution is resigning September / October (estimate) so by the time they appoint someone else it could be the new year.

3. They could still be waiting on evidence. Yes, I know how could they be, but that's the truth of it. No case presented as yet to go to trial.

4. The trial has to start at the magistrates court then go to the crown court. That process alone will take 2-3 months. That's before anything really gets going. Chances of it getting thrown out at magistrates is slim/nil (not based on this specific case but a generalization) as the threshold is so low for it to go to crown court. Dangerous driving being reduced to careless driving is an example whereby something may just be dealt with at Magistrates and not advanced to Crown.

If I was taking a punt I'd estimate March.
Last edited by UlsterNo9 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I was thinking about posting something about fans being realistic about their expectations and we can't expect to sign a quality ten at this stage bla bla bla. Then I remembered why expectations were so high. Our CEO, stated that they had been looking throughout the past year for another flyhalf. This time last year Christian Leali'ifanlo was diagnosed with leukemia. I'd very much doubt that he was on the 'radar'. This is a last minute opportunistic deal that probably fell into UR's lap. Shane Warren Gatland must go.