Ophelia

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ophelia

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:Schools are closed up here too. Better to be safe than sorry. Any non-essential workplaces should close.
Friends missus works in a pharmacy. Been on Bakebook demanding the day off

You work in a fecking medical field!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:Schools are closed up here too. Better to be safe than sorry. Any non-essential workplaces should close.
Friends missus works in a pharmacy. Been on Bakebook demanding the day off

Yeah some eejit medical/nursing type folk complaining but most I know trained for nights like this.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote:Friends missus works in a pharmacy. Been on Bakebook demanding the day off

If she was in the civil service she'd almost certainly get a promotion for such declarations of commitment and dedication.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:
Russ wrote:Friends missus works in a pharmacy. Been on Bakebook demanding the day off

If she was in the civil service she'd almost certainly get a promotion for such declarations of commitment and dedication.
Same issue I have with junior doctors in england

You didn't join the profession for the money. You joined to save fecking lives

Now if pharmacies closed where the feck are people who need essential medicines going to get it?

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

FFS - We should be ashamed that in the wealthiest part of the world(Western Europe) we are slipping to US levels of a social conscience.
Homeless families living in emergency hotel accommodation have expressed concern that they will have no proper access to food for the duration of the storm.

Families living in hotels are not allowed to cook in their rooms, or have fridges.

Michelle Dempsey, who is living with her three children in a hotel on the outskirts of Dublin city, told RTÉ News that she would normally feed the children after school at her mother's house.

She says she has bought bread and butter but can't buy perishable goods such as yogurts and cold meats because there is no fridge in the room.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Civil service closing up at 13:00 today, feckin safties, suppose that counts as a full days work.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:
Shan wrote:

Same issue I have with junior doctors in england

For the umpteenth time, it really is not about the money. As a junior anaesthetist, my daughter would probably be paid a bit more under Jeremy's proposals, but like most of her colleagues, is four-square against them.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Rooster wrote:Civil service closing up at 13:00 today, feckin safties, suppose that counts as a full days work.
Work - "What's that" I hear them saying. :D

Things heating up in Langerland. Roof has just blown off the stand in GAA grounds in Passage West, a nice little place on the coast about 10km or so from Cork City.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:
Rooster wrote:Civil service closing up at 13:00 today, feckin safties, suppose that counts as a full days work.

Things heating up in Langerland. Roof has just blown off the stand in GAA grounds in Passage West, a nice little place on the coast about 10km or so from Cork City.
Given all of the south is langerland, can you be a bit more specific

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
Shan wrote:

Given all of the south is langerland, can you be a bit more specific

He would be referring to The Peoples Republic of Langerland, AKA Cork
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote:Same issue I have with junior doctors in england

Now if pharmacies closed where the feck are people who need essential medicines going to get it?

Don't know about England but in Ireland the junior doctors are treated like sh1te. I am 100% on their side and the side of nurses and some others working in the health service. 100% against the assorted non-front line overpaid deadwood though.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:

Don't know about England but in Ireland the junior doctors are treated like sh1te. I am 100% on their side and the side of nurses and some others working in the health service. 100% against the assorted non-front line overpaid deadwood though.
Agreed
The NHS in England is now simply a way to massage unemployment figures

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:

They are better paid in south than north, even when the euro was 140 to the £
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Getting a bit scary now. One of the stands in Cork City soccer ground has collapsed. That would have been pretty solid. Not looking forward to the next few hours.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Rooster wrote:They are better paid in south than north, even when the euro was 140 to the £
Not really on about pay for junior doctors. More about conditions, work hours etc. They are treated as the lowest of the low in the service.

Nurses here are paid sh1te though. They have fecking university degrees and you'd be paid more working on a checkout in Dunnes Stores. That is scandalous no matter what. No wonder all the Irish nurses are f-cking off abroad, including to England, to seek out better pay and probably conditions.