PROTEST CORNER

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: PROTEST CORNER

Post by big mervyn »

Good point about the numbers. I'd say very few of the 16k+? come from outside Ulster. Most of them could probably described as part of the rugby community. Many will have followed the trial in some detail.

The 70k is an international trending campaign attracting widespread support from many who know little or nothing about the detail.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:Good point about the numbers. I'd say very few of the 16k+? come from outside Ulster. Most of them could probably described as part of the rugby community. Many will have followed the trial in some detail.

The 70k is an international trending campaign attracting widespread support from many who know little or nothing about the detail.
Many also on the bandwagon of the abortion referendum which is coming up soon down there linking it as they want it legalised in the event of rape which is perfectly logical and fine by me but dragging the players in is not as they were cleared and girl is not pregnant as a result of the night.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Liz,

I live in Belfast and sit next to Brenda - should I be worried that she is part of this feminist network and can I be sure that Catriona is not? :lol: :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:Good point about the numbers. I'd say very few of the 16k+? come from outside Ulster. Most of them could probably described as part of the rugby community. Many will have followed the trial in some detail.

The 70k one only asks that the IRFU review the issue, which they already are. It's pointless.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

pwrmoore wrote:Liz,

I live in Belfast and sit next to Brenda - should I be worried that she is part of this feminist network and can I be sure that Catriona is not? :lol: :lol:
Easy one P, simply say the magic words "Paddy Jackson" and you'll get your answer soon enough! xo
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:

The 70k one only asks that the IRFU review the issue, which they already are. It's pointless.
The ones up here don't even bother with that one as it is pointless but the Dublin crew think it is great.
As far as BOI goes they have probably hit on head office and not the North division and that gives them more weight as it is a pittance Ulster are payed compared to Leinster.
If this was an internal Ulster review I think it would be all looked at differently that the review being centered around Dublin.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Listening to the radio this morning 105 and Nolan, no one there to challenge them and ill informed lazy journalists do not help our cause. male on about BOI sponsorship and was totally appallingly informed , no one to challenge and say for example, BO! are throwing a shot across the bow, but lets look at other reasons, they didn't sign up to sponsorship if UR don't get European Cup and now it (PRO 14)has been moved to a pay to view station with a lesser target audience, so yes it is a business decision but what are the real factors, they have no issue with Murray being a poster boy (airbrushed Zebos juice if the shirt) The protesters were not challenged why have they shifted their whole campaign from the original chant.
Still feel UR should engage them asap about their demand to educate, maybe Paddy and Stu later meeting with them to be re educated, that shows humility and a willingness to learn , oh and punishment.

its not rocket science its being pro active UR
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

pwrmoore wrote:Liz,

I live in Belfast and sit next to Brenda - should I be worried that she is part of this feminist network and can I be sure that Catriona is not? Image Image
Brenda sounds like a wrongun Paul.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

One has got Parker to purchase some Dr Martins and a Donkey jacket to join the protest before going for drinks in the Spirit of 99 lounge, could one of you lovely gentlemen make me a placard, plases use bamboo as i do not want any splinters.

thinking of something with "they dont like it up them" in purple of course
"This doesn't look good Parker"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

UR matchday guide published and no mention of the protesters, thought they might have advised fans to enter by main gate
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Will the protesters adhere to the Ulster Rugby Values?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:UR matchday guide published and no mention of the protesters, thought they might have advised fans to enter by main gate
That's a given. No upstanding Ulster fan would use the back entry.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Taking bets on number of repeal the 8th placards tonight
Expect a few anti trump ones too

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

At last, a protest Monica Lewinsky and Hillary Clinton can both support >EW
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I think it's just fine & dandy to see you all joining me as a feminist this morning, I keep saying that we should all be feminists but if that's not your cup of pish, ok, your call.

It is more or less impossible to argue against the points they are making, to do so would simply pin a notice to you saying "I'm a rather stupid ballix".

Kofi, I utterly commend you, just a shame you don't work for Ulster Rugby instead of Terry Slogan, the man who won the Falklands War, dragged Coca Cola from Dr.Pepper obscurity to be a leading brand, closed down the shipyard & ruined H & W, was present when Jesus woke up from his long weekend and rolled away the stone (an expression cynically exploited commercially by Mott the Hoople), took worldwide searches to Finaghy........ and beyond, and with his anti-Midas touch turned Ulster from Gold to Shyte, not to mention his uncanny tribute act to the Invisible Man.

You may not have all those achievements on that dodgy CV of yours but at least you know common sense when you see it. :salut:

>clapping >clapping >clapping >clapping >clapping >clapping >clapping >clapping >clapping >clapping >clapping
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.