Robbie Diack

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Robbie Diack

Post by Cockatrice »

yeh nice guy but feck me over 200 caps ... says everything you need to know about us.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cockatrice wrote:yeh nice guy but feck me over 200 caps ... says everything you need to know about us.
... and 2 for Ireland.

SuperDave
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

pwrmoore wrote: Bryn Cunningham, Ulster's Operations Director, paid tribute to Diack's service to the squad:

"Since the moment he arrived, Robbie embraced everything that the Province stands for. He quickly established himself as an important member of the Ulster squad, and to have played so many games for the Province is testament to his quality, consistency and versatility.
I suspect Cunningham actually believes this utter nonsense and consequently is a significant part of the problem with Ulster Rugby.

Diack was, at best, a poor to below average player. To have played so many games is testament to the shocking level of quality in the Ulster pack over the last 10 years. Any Ulsterfan who disagrees with this has absolutely no interest in seeing success for their team.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Liz Fraser wrote: I especially admire their loyalty particularly considering the lucrative offers they both would have been inundated with elsewhere over the years.
The market for non passing scrumhalves and non carrying forwards must have made them like golddust.

*by Ulster Rugby
Nice one Bazza. :D

Loyalty is a load of ballix spouted about in the main by losers. An almost meaningless term, certainly when it comes to sport.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Shan wrote:
pwrmoore wrote: Bryn Cunningham, Ulster's Operations Director, paid tribute to Diack's service to the squad:

"Since the moment he arrived, Robbie embraced everything that the Province stands for. He quickly established himself as an important member of the Ulster squad, and to have played so many games for the Province is testament to his quality, consistency and versatility.
I suspect Cunningham actually believes this utter nonsense and consequently is a significant part of the problem with Ulster Rugby.

Diack was, at best, a poor to below average player. To have played so many games is testament to the shocking level of quality in the Ulster pack over the last 10 years. Any Ulsterfan who disagrees with this has absolutely no interest in seeing success for their team.

100% Shan.

Munster sign hairy arsed drug cheats who can actually play the game. Ulster sign nice guys who can contribute to bible class.

Is Dan a god fearing man as a matter of interest?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

Shan wrote:

Fully agree with you Shan.
Much like those wanting various dead wood players out, Logan out etc, when it does all come to pass, what added quality actually does come in to replace?
The whole cycle then starts over again at Ulster.
Even when there is, for a time, perceived strength in depth, off goes that depth, so there is also a problem with retention.
Cunningham, like Logan, do what they are bid to, with little or no free rein on what is actually best for the province, all just my perception of course.
I don’t know how much the grass is greener at the other provinces, I’m sure there is always discontent with all groups of supporters for whatever reason, within their setup!
What I do know is and have seen, is for every average player/administer going out the door, there are plenty in the wings waiting to come in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

222toHounslow wrote:
Shan wrote:

100% Shan.

Munster sign hairy arsed drug cheats who can actually play the game. Ulster sign nice guys who can contribute to bible class.

Is Dan a god fearing man as a matter of interest?
Not exactly sure as to his religious convictions Hound, but I doubt if he would fit the typical profile of our current and recent God fearing Ulstermen. He's one of themuns having attended a public school known as the Catholic Eton. Being a Lionel also suggests that his religious views will be significantly diluted when compared with the Saffers and South Sea Islanders we have signed.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I like Dan
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

I'll remember Robbie as a very powerful player. Powerful saft and a powerful nice fella
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Like everyone else, sorry to see him go... so long as he's replaced by an animal!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote: I especially admire their loyalty particularly considering the lucrative offers they both would have been inundated with elsewhere over the years.
The market for non passing scrumhalves and non carrying forwards must have made them like golddust.

*by Ulster Rugby

Loyalty is a load of ballix spouted about in the main by losers. An almost meaningless term, certainly when it comes to sport.
Aye and using “losers” regarding sport isn’t meaningless at all given all those teams and individuals who have 100% records. You know, Rocky Marciano and ....... well, actually nobody else in any significant sport, certainly no team. Ya gowl.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Any talk of loyalty at Ulster Rugby sticks in my throat Shan.
We tend to go of late with more of a Josef Stalin interpretation of what loyalty means.

Spot on about Diack by the way.
I think he'd have been hard pushed to get more than a season or two out of any other side including the Italians.
Anyway asides all that I wish him no ill will and good luck in his new career as a crash test dummy stand in..
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Shan wrote:

*by Ulster Rugby

Aye and using “losers” regarding sport isn’t meaningless at all given all those teams and individuals who have 100% records. You know, Rocky Marciano and ....... well, actually nobody else in any significant sport, certainly no team. Ya gowl.
Harlem Globetrotters? :lol:
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Diack was underrated by many because he failed to conform to their expectation of a back row forward and was to light to be considered a second row .

Which is what actually defined him .Fat nick could carry a ball 10 15 yards but couldn’t run 50 . Diack was the complete opposite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

rumncoke wrote:Diack was underrated by many because he failed to conform to their expectation of a back row forward and was to light to be considered a second row .

Which is what actually defined him .Fat nick could carry a ball 10 15 yards but couldn’t run 50 . Diack was the complete opposite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Complete opposite in the way he carried the ball 10 15 yards in the opposite direction..
RDS final summed him up with that moment which ranks as the worst I've ever seen on a rugby pitch.
Doh!