Ulster v Dragons Friday 26th Oct 7:55pm Premier Sports 1

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster v Dragons Friday 26th Oct 7:55pm Premier Sports 1

Post by big mervyn »

Got an (E) terrace tkt going spare if anyone wants it. Free to a good home.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster Rugby team to play Dragons, Guinness PRO14 Round 7, Friday 26th October, Kingspan Stadium, 7.55pm:
(15-9): M Lowry; R Baloucoune, W Addison, S McCloskey, H Speight; J McPhillips, D Shanahan;
(1-8): E O’Sullivan, R Best (captain), M Moore, I Henderson, K Treadwell, S Reidy, J Murphy, M Coetzee;
Replacements (16-23): R Herring, A Warwick, T O’Toole, A O’Connor, G Jones, J Stewart, A Kernohan, C Gilroy.

Of the Irish contingent - only Stockdale (rested) and Cooney (recovering from injury) not playing.
Last edited by Neill_M on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

DRAGONS: J Williams; D Howells, A Warren, J Sage, W Talbot-Davies; J Tovey, R Williams; B Harris, R Hibbard (c), L Fairbrother; M Screech, L Evans; H Taylor, N Cudd, H Keddie.

Subs: R Lawrence, A Jarvis, R Bevington, J Davies, T Basham, T Knoyle, J Dixon, Z Kirchner.

Jason Tovey has been around a long time. Old Side Show Bob on the bench.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It is heart-warming to see young Baloucoune getting a start. I have yet to see him play but he seems very pacy and a fairly big unit from the try videos I have seen. I like Dan's approach. Just hoping Mike gets a go at 10.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:It is heart-warming to see young Baloucoune getting a start. I have yet to see him play but he seems very pacy and a fairly big unit from the try videos I have seen. I like Dan's approach. Just hoping Mike gets a go at 10.
The subs bench suggests Lowry will get time at 10. Had wonder if young Sexton might get a go, almost certainly will during AIs, but I too look forward to seeing Baloucoune.

I'd imagine that's French for Balaclava, the garment so beloved of terrorists everywhere? :terror:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote:It is heart-warming to see young Baloucoune getting a start. I have yet to see him play but he seems very pacy and a fairly big unit from the try videos I have seen. I like Dan's approach. Just hoping Mike gets a go at 10.
Baloucoune and Addison.....

When is the last time two men from Enniskillen RFC started for Ulster?
Last edited by UlsterNo9 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
The subs bench suggests Lowry will get time at 10. Had wonder if young Sexton might get a go, almost certainly will during AIs, but I too look forward to seeing Baloucoune.

I'd imagine that's French for Balaclava, the garment so beloved of terrorists everywhere? :terror:
Sexton can't play, school means he is unable to make training surely?

The plan I understand is that he'll next play for the senior team in the friendly against Uruguay.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Sexton at school level must be frightening. Fasted guy in irish rugby.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Dave wrote:Sexton at school level must be frightening. Fasted guy in irish rugby.
Good thing he's only playing for Bangor now.
promsandwich
Steward

Post by promsandwich »

Agree 100%. When I watched the Racing game. although the scoreline looked bad, we actually played pretty well in patches. Most of the young players are getting a chance and Baloucone looks handy enough. My disappointment at seeing the likes of Arnold/Farrell flourish having been let go by us is offset by the number of young players getting, and frequently taking, opportunities this year.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Baloucoune and Addison.....

When is the last time two men from Enniskillen RFC started for Ulster?
I don't know.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

therealspratt wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

The plan I understand is that he'll next play for the senior team in the friendly against Uruguay.
Heard that as well. They don't want games to mess up his A levels so his appearances will be rationed till next season.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

really looking forward to this now!
..one more thing
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

jean valjean wrote:
therealspratt wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Heard that as well. They don't want games to mess up his A levels so his appearances will be rationed till next season.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Ruining his RWC 2019 chances >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Flads
Novice

Post by Flads »

Sexton scored 2 tries and charged down a conversion against Campbell on Wednesday for BGS. Unfortunately they still lost think it was 42 40. Though not bad considering they were up at Campbell and it was Aarons first school match.
Wonder if they could get a decent run in the Schools cup this season??
Stand Up For The Ulstermen!!!!