SIX NATIONS 2021

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: SIX NATIONS 2021

Post by big mervyn »

On the bright side, it's a good job the England Grand Slam Winners t-shirts weren't being printed until next week.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Couldn't watch the first match, where's the entertainment in watching the Italians getting hammered.
Couldn't take my eyes off the second match. What a great result! To be honest, I thought the English would snatch it in the last ten minutes but, happy days, the Scots held on and, despite a couple of blips, didn't actually look like throwing it away.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:27 pm Couldn't watch the first match, where's the entertainment in watching the Italians getting hammered.
Couldn't take my eyes off the second match. What a great result! To be honest, I thought the English would snatch it in the last ten minutes but, happy days, the Scots held on and, despite a couple of blips, didn't actually look like throwing it away.
Couldn't believe it when they kicked away possession twice in the last.60 secs after 2 mins of solid up the jumper stuff.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Ravenhillman
Novice

Post by Ravenhillman »

In rugby the score isn’t important....it’s the taking apart
Off the Top
Initiate

Post by Off the Top »

Ravenhillman wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:21 pm This is worth watching:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIpu1Km ... e=youtu.be

:D :D
That's hilarious - but so true!!

A great game played by Scotland - but I thought England's pack were under powered. I think the Scaracen's players are badly missing game time.

Their backline wasn't up to much either!
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:50 pm
solidarity wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:27 pm Couldn't watch the first match, where's the entertainment in watching the Italians getting hammered.
Couldn't believe it when they kicked away possession twice in the last.60 secs after 2 mins of solid up the jumper stuff.
Yeah, Scotland ( was it Hogg?) Determined to destroy my drop goal theory by unsuccessfully trying it in the 79th minute and handing possession ( Ulster like!) To England!
Super result. Makes 6 nations actually interesting and Scotland have a set of highly talented individuals who are forming a formidable team.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It was Russell. Even Hogg isn’t that stupid.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

I loved Scotland's victory but how much of it was down to 1) no spectator and no chariots, 2) Saracens being in cold storage, 3) no proper season leading into the 6N?
The Scots played very well and have some great individuals but there is a question mark. It's great for the tournament and golly, we need something to amuse us in these days of lockdown.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The Scots played clever wet day rugby when holding a small lead -- 11 -- 6

Task one -- keep the English in their own half 70% of the game was played in the English half -- forcing Englandd to try and kick for territory -- which Hogg ran back thus retaining possession or else he kicked long into the spaces forcing the English to turn to collect and play under pressure.

It was possession rugby again with the Scots holding a 70-30 advantage .

The drop goal attempt was understandable -- the mistake was in underestimating the time n the clock--- and the sad -bad execution.

If the ball had gone over the score would have been 13 - 6 with the kick off to give the Scots possession -- if it had gone wide -- it would be a 22 drop out --giving the Scots possession basically if executed properly a win -win.

Its hard to play rugby in your own half of the pitch with a wet ball -- pass and rush won't get you into the opposition half because the defence won't commit to the ruck and every carrier is facing two defenders -- passing it along the backline is high risk -- and kicking only gives possession to the opposition. -- a simple game plan well executed.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Makes today's game even more important as the loser could well win a trophy - the wooden spoon!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

No they won't but it could be the next best thing -- a red face or green face ( embarrassment or sick ) ( welsh or Irish )

The question is not who will win -- but How long will Sexton be on the pitch and will his only appearance be against the Welsh ?

Saracens have nearly played more rugby this year than Sexton

Will Leinster beat the Combined Welsh pro 14 select XV I can't understand why we employ Farrell when Leo could do both jobs
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hope some of these saffers and kiwis make the lions squad in the summer.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

One thing confusing me.

Yesterday we had two teams seemingly take a knee in the stand against racism presumably at the direction of TV.. because today we simply had an information bar across the TV screen.

Surely as part of the same tournament there should be clear guidance and uniformity..

I have my own views on taking the knee
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We know. We know. Racism isn't real and taking the knee disrespects the troops.