Ulster v Cardiff Friday Mar 4 7:35pm BBC2 NI / BBC2 Wales / RTE2 / Premier Sports 2

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Cardiff Friday Mar 4 7:35pm BBC2 NI / BBC2 Wales / RTE2 / Premier Sports 2

Post by Neill_M »

Cardiff Rugby: Hallam Amos; Owen Lane, Rey Lee-Lo, Willis Halaholo, Aled Summerhill; Jarrod Evans, Lloyd Williams; Brad Thyer, Kirby Myhill, Dmitri Arhip, Josh Turnbull (capt.), Matthew Screech, Ellis Jenkins, Josh Navidi, James Botham

Replacements: Keiron Assiratti, Rhys Carré, Will Davies-King, Teddy Williams, James Ratti, Jamie Hill, Ben Thomas, Matthew Morgan
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Cardiff Friday Mar 4 7:35pm BBC2 NI / BBC2 Wales / RTE2 / Premier Sports 2

Post by justinr73 »

That’s not the worst side to visit Belfast.

Worth noting that they’re ten points behind Connacht with five games in hand.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Moore at fullback a bit of a surprise, I assume Lyttle is injured as I expected him there after his performance last time out.
Hope Hendy & Jordi have a stormer.

Enough worries in Cardiffs Backline should be a good watch especially for the neutral!
SUFTUM :fleg:
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:00 pm Ulster team to play Cardiff Rugby, United Rugby Championship Round 13, Friday 4 March at Kingspan Stadium, 7.35pm kick-off, live on BBC Northern Ireland, BBC Wales, Premier Sports, and RTÉ 2:

(15-9) Stewart Moore Robert Baloucoune, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Ben Moxham, Billy Burns, Nathan Doak;

(1-8) Andrew Warwick, John Andrew, Marty Moore, Alan O’Connor, Iain Henderson (Capt.), Jordi Murphy, Marcus Rea, Nick Timoney.

Replacements: Tom Stewart, Jack McGrath, Gareth Milasinovich, Sam Carter, Duane Vermeulen, John Cooney, Ian Madigan, Aaron Sexton.
When was that announced?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Two reasonably strong teams, our bench even looks decent, should knock their wine in. 5Pts? Less would be disappointing.

Stu Moore at 15 is a bit of a Hail Mary, his kicking doesn't inspire confidence maybe he'll just run in a few 80-metre tries. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Who's our 3rd hooker? I'm assuming every team will have one this weekend!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Anyone know what happened to Lyttle ?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

big mervyn wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:51 pm Who's our 3rd hooker? I'm assuming every team will have one this weekend!
Ethel.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Setanta wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:40 pm Anyone know what happened to Lyttle ?
He’s waiting to find out when the team will be announced. Anyone know when it’ll be?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

StandUp wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:52 pm
big mervyn wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:51 pm Who's our 3rd hooker? I'm assuming every team will have one this weekend!
Ethel.
... and there's another one for the newbies!

Old Mannix anybody :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Is Tommy from Comber going??
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Bart S wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:37 pm Is Tommy from Comber going??
Only, and I cannot stress this strongly enough, ONLY if the program contains the correct starting XV!
Big Neville Southall
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Tommy is in Ukraine but he’s not sure who he’s gonna fight yet. I’m sure he’ll find someone.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
Bart S wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:37 pm Is Tommy from Comber going??
Only, and I cannot stress this strongly enough, ONLY if the program contains the correct starting XV!
I believe he ended the rant with happy Xmas and well done Ulster or something else equally pissy.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

That's only a few players away from Cardiff's first XV. Their back row is an area of strength, as is their midfield.

Interesting Ulster selection with a decent bench - Dan is clearly trying to manage Vermeulen's minutes in the hope the starting players can do the job. Our back 3 is concerning - Moore out of position and Moxham who has had mostly poor outings so far.

Bookies have Ulster by 13 on the handicap bet which looks a bit generous. I might have a wee traitor's bet on that one.