Bulls v Ulster Saturday April 2 1pm KO (UK Time) Premier Sports 1 / URC TV (Not in UK/SA) / Supersport (SA)

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Off the Top
Initiate

Re: Bulls v Ulster Saturday April 2 1pm KO (UK Time) Premier Sports 1 / URC TV (Not in UK/SA) / Supersport (SA)

Post by Off the Top »

That's a great team and relatively strong bench. They must be going for the win!

Should be a great match.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Bulls v Ulster Saturday April 2 1pm KO (UK Time) Premier Sports 1 / URC TV (Not in UK/SA) / Supersport (SA)

Post by Dave »

Can't wait to see the Ulster players lining up to smash Coetzee into next week.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I describe that as an interesting selection

Marshall at 12 ( looking for creativity ) outside a kicking out half

With two of the back three capable of running any kick back and Mcilroy to kick it

Six forwards on the bench ( two back row )

it appears a hard and stamina draining forward battle is expected
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

That's a very interesting selection with more than half an eye on next week's game. It is a decent side even with the rotation so it does show a glimmer of hope that we might have a little bit of the oft sought for strength in depth. I'm very interested to see Marshall at 12 with Hume outside him. Marshall proved me wrong last week with his cameo off the bench. I hold my hands up I thought he was only in SA for a retirement tour but he was excellent last week. He looked to have lost a few kilos and his footwork and pace was the better for it. It's ages since we had a ball-playing 12 with Marshall's skill set on the pitch (not slagging Stu - he's still my first choice 12, just saying Marshall has a different style).

If I had one concern it would be that it seems we cant live without Marty and I worry that we will be flogging him running into the end of the season. He really should have had one of these games off because he has to do both Toulouse games and the Munster game. If any of our other tightheads could even lock out a scrum we would at least have an option but they can't it seems.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Luke is great with ball in hand. Capable of a lung busting line break or two. The problem has been getting the ball to stick to his hands combined with inconsistent distribution. Good to see a trimmer version of himself back at it.

Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

A year to 18 months ago it would have been unthinkable to select a starting team without Cooney or Marshall on the team sheet but now we-have Doak and Hume on the scene and it has become difficult to distinguish between the Masters and the Apprentices.
This is a great situation to be in. Reid and Stewart in the front row are showing signs of developing a similar situation, it is great to see serious competition developing in the squad. For to long the first choice team has been too predictable now there are serious arguments as to who is the best option with at times maybe considering “ horses for courses”. These are not the only dilemmas similar situations are developing through out the team and the return of Addison and Stockdale should ask more questions.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Indeed.

These next few weeks are what it’s all about. Looking forward to it.

Pretoria seems to be 23 degrees C warmer than Toulouse at the moment.

Should warm up a bit by next weekend though so the shorts will be packed.
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

Really unfortunate for McIlroy, we need him for those Toulouse games. Surprised the TMO didn’t have a wee look at that elbow to the face, obviously accidental but those are the collisions world rugby want to eliminate.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

They don't give a fcuk about head injuries anymore.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Some hits going in.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

They said it was a fair dual, which it was.

Nasty knock though.

Decent start.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

It was an interesting move we tried at the line-out, but slightly surprised we'd go for something like that when the maul is going so well.
Bogbunny
Initiate

Post by Bogbunny »

Ref letting the Bulls away with a lot
Respect

A cavalier among pork swordsmen.
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

I hope we don’t come out of this game with a lot of injuries, but it’s not looking great so far, that’s McIlroy off already, Madigan, Moore and Roberts have all been down too, hopefully just taking time to adjust to the heat and altitude
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Brilliant by DV8

You're so Duane, you probably think this song is about you!
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18